Importance Of Vastu Shanti Puja & Rituals
As per the ancient Hindu scriptures and Vedas, Vastu Shastra is considered as the brain of architecture. It helps one reap the fruits of positive energies found in basic elements: Fire, Earth, Air, Water, and Sky. Vastu is also followed to construct the house as per the position of planets and their effects on the house’s atmosphere.
Why is Vastu Shanti Pooja conducted?
Nowadays, due to fast life and limited spaces, people are unable to build a house by keeping Vastu Shastra in mind. People hold a Vastu shanti pooja to rectify the Vastu Dosha (flaws that may have occurred during construction) in their homes. This Vastu shanti pooja is nothing but a special offering to the Lords residing in the directions of the home and nature’s forces and elements. This ensures that the air around the people residing in that home is purified. You should always consult an expert vastu astrologer before conducting the Vastu shanti pooja.
What are the benefits of a Vastu Shanti Pooja?
Vastu shanti pooja has many benefits apart from removing faults in construction. There are:
- Vastu shanti pooja frees the members in a home from health and wealth issues.
- It helps remove the bad effects that may occur because of the incorrect position of the planets.
- Improves relationship and bonding between the family members.
- It removes the obstacles that might occur in one’s career, marriage or other areas of life.
- Vastu shanti pooja gifts family with happiness and bliss thereby making their life smooth.
- It purifies every corner of the house and makes it a magical place to live.
When can you perform a Vastu Shanti Pooja?
It is not necessary to conduct a Vastu Shanti Puja before every Griha Pravesh. People normally perform a Vastu Shanti Pooja in below circumstances:
- Renovation of an old building that can alter the particular structure to make room for a larger area.
- Renovation of the home or office.
- Scarcity of space and difficulties in complying with the Vedic norms.
- When people buy an old home.
- When there are faults in the way interiors are arranged in all the rooms.
- When it has been ten years or more that the residents have been staying in one home.
- Family locks their home for a considerable amount of years, stays away and then comes back.
How to do Vastu Shanti Pooja at home?
Before performing the Vastu Shanti Pooja, one needs to check the muhurat for it. The auspicious tithi and Nakshatra are mandatory to perform the pooja. With the help of a Panchang, one can decide the auspicious muhurat for the pooja. The priest helps perform all the necessary havans and pooja rituals.
Here are the steps involved in performing Vastu Puja:
- Decorating the front door of the house with a toran.
- Planting a holy tree.
- Taking Sankalpa while the priest recites vastu mantras.
- Ganesh Pooja
- Reciting Vastu Purush story and Vastu Mandal
- Performing Kalasha Sthapana and Nava Graha Pooja
- Varun and Vastu Purush Pooja rituals
- Performing Vastu Purush Yagnya
- Offering Prayer to Vastu Purush and taking resolutions
- Offering grains and flower petals to the Earth.
- Sprinkling Gangaajal with mango leaves.
- Performing aarti and prasad
- Digging a pit in a corner of the house, putting things used in puja and covering it.
The pooja materials consist of but not limited to coins, kumkum, betel nut, coconut, rice, mango leaves, barley, black sesame, original ghee, panchmeva, five types of sweets, five kinds of fruits, five different flowers.
Vastu Shanti Mantra
ॐ वास्तोष्पते प्रति जानीद्यस्मान स्वावेशो अनमी वो भवान यत्वे महे प्रतितन्नो जुषस्व शन्नो भव द्विपदे शं चतुष्प्दे स्वाहा |
Om Vaastoshpate Prati Jaanidyasmaan Swaawesho Anamee Vo Bhavaan Yatve Mahe Pratitanno Jushasva Sahnno Bhav Dvipade Sham Chatushpade Swaahaa |
Meaning of this Vastu Shanti Mantra
O Vastu Lord! We worship you from our heart. Listen to our prayers and free us from disease and poverty. Also, fulfill our desire for wealth. Auspicious for all family members, animals and Vahnadi living in Vastu area or house.
Which Vastu Shanti Gifts can you give?
There are many accepted gifts that you can give the family who are performing a Vastu shanti puja. These will make the occasion sweeter and also make their homes more vibrant with positivity. They are as follows:
- A box of sweets
- Religious small idols
- Vastu items like laughing buddha
- Art paintings
- Shagun envelope
- Flower vases
- Photo frames – Read more Vastu tips for photoframes
A home is the end of the world and hence it is really important to feel like returning to it. A home with positive vibrations and energy can give your peace of mind and happiness.
Year 2023 Astrological Overview: New year 2023 will be the year when difficulties will be overcome....