Essential Vastu Tips For Auspicious Griha Pravesh
Is it that time in your life that you are going to enter your new dream home? To help you out, we are here with the Vastu tips you can use while performing Griha Pravesh Pooja.
Why Is It Important To Perform The Griha Pravesh Pooja?
When it comes to major events in life like buying a house, Indians consider it essential to perform related rituals and ceremonies to avoid any negative effects. Many of you might be aware of the fact that a Griha Pravesh Pooja is performed when you enter your new home for the first time. This is different from the Vastu Shanti Pooja. This ceremony wards off the negative energies that can hinder the progress one needs in that house. This also brings happiness and peace in the life of the family members.
In the scriptures, there are three types of Griha Pravesh that are mentioned as below:
- Apoorva – Entering in a newly selected land or a newly constructed house for the first time is called Apoorva Griha Pravesh.
- Sapoorva – Entering an already existing house for residing in after an abroad travel or migration is called Sapoorva Griha Pravesh.
- Dwandwah – Entering a damaged house (damaged due to incidents like fire) after renovating or reconstructing it is termed as Dwandwah Griha Pravesh.
For Apoorva Griha Pravesh, one should select the perfect auspicious muhurat (time slot). For Griha Pravesh in a rebuilt house or after migrating back, one should give consideration to the purity of Panchang.
Good Days for Griha Pravesh in 2020 – November and December
|November||November 16, 2020||07:06 AM to 02:37 PM (Monday)|
|November 19, 2020||09:39 AM to 09:59 PM (Thursday)|
|November 25, 2020||06:52 AM to 05:10 AM, Nov 26|
|November 30, 2020||02:59 PM to 06:57 AM, Dec 01|
|December||December 10, 2020||10:51 AM to 07:04 AM, Dec 11|
|December 16, 2020||08:04 PM to 07:08 AM, Dec 17|
|December 17, 2020||07:08 AM to 03:17 PM (Thursday)|
|December 23, 2020||08:39 PM to 04:33 AM, Dec 24|
Procedure Of Griha Pravesh Pooja
It is for the best to be ahead of time and decide the right date and muhurat for the Griha Pravesh ceremony. This will avoid any last-minute hassles and help you select your desired Shubh Muhurat for entering the house.
The ritual of breaking a coconut at the entrance is conducted before setting foot into the house. This process sanctifies the house and removes obstacles. The Griha Pravesh Pooja includes majorly of Ganesha Pooja done with the help of a priest. The drawing of a mandala is made to call on the deities and planets. This is done to make them witness the ceremony and get their blessings.
The lady of the house enters the kitchen to boil milk in a new utensil. Milk is considered as a symbol of purity and a boiling milk is the mark of abundance. In this boiling milk, rice is added to prepare sweet rice, which is then offered in the rituals during the pooja. This sweet prasad is then distributed among the people.
A string of mango leaves and lemons is hung on the main entrance door during the pooja. Mango leaves are known to possess a huge power of absorbing negative energy from the atmosphere. Chantings are done in order to get Vastu Devta`s blessings. This negates the evil energies in the air. The family conducts havan and does offerings in the fire as a ritual for Gods. They carry the havan kunda into each room of the house. The smoke spreads many healing ingredients from the havan purifies the air.
After the pooja is over, you should feed the priest well and also serve meals to everyone.
Vastu Tips You Can follow For Griha Pravesh
Vastu Shastra is a complete guide that includes processes related to selecting the site of building, directions of the rooms, position of house and doors, etc. Vastu for Griha Pravesh is a significant factor in this guide.
Below is a list of do’s and don’ts that will help you in performing Griha Pravesh successfully:
- Ensure that the house is fully constructed before you perform the Pooja. The doors, windows, and roofs should be in place.
- The house should be filled with furniture only after Griha Pravesh gets completed.
- You should enter with your right foot for prosperity.
- Conch should be blown in rhythm and with complete enthusiasm.
- Immediately within three days of the Griha Pravesh ceremony, you should fill the house.
- Avoid holding the ceremony in case of pregnant ladies in the family or mourning a close relative’s sad demise.
- You should sprinkle holy water around the house to maintain purity.
- You should not leave the house locked overnight. You should also light a lamp to attract mystical energies and get divine protection.
Keeping the above guidelines and tips in mind, you can welcome prosperity and happiness in your home. If you have any Vastu Doshas in your home, you should take expert astrologer’s help and perform Vastu Shanti Pooja. This will nullify the ill effects thereby bringing spiritual bliss to your home.