Out of all the rooms and spaces in the house, the Pooja room plays a huge role in maintaining positive vibrations in the house and providing mental peace. And because it is the most sacred place in the house, it becomes mandatory to pay special heed to this room.
As per the Pooja room Vastu, there are specific guidelines that need to be followed to gain maximum benefit from this room. Right from the mandir face direction in-home, to its design and spatial arrangement, Vastu Shastra plays a vital role in deciding what suits best.
Given below are some of the key points that have to be taken into account while constructing a temple/pooja room in your house.
- Concerning temple direction for Vastu, it is advised to build your pooja room in the north, east or northeast side of the house.
- Another important aspect is that when you perform your prayer, you should always face the east or the north side.
- No matter if you are standing or sitting while worshipping, the legs of the idol should be at the level of your chest. Thus, one has to build the space accordingly.
- It is also crucial to understand that because this room is a place of worship and carries positive vibrations, it is mandatory to wash your legs and hands before entering the pooja room. To add further, there is a whole process of cleaning oneself before entering the pooja room. Firstly, one should never rub their legs with one another for cleaning purpose, rather it is recommended to pour water from the right hand and clean the legs using your left hand for this is the perfect way to do it.
- If you place an idol in the pooja room, make sure that you place them in the east or west side of the room.
- Using wood to make your doors will help you create a peaceful environment in the prayer room.
- Also, built the room in such a way that the doors are always on the north or east walls.
- As far as the color of the room is concerned, it is advised to use colors like white, light yellow or light blue on the walls. The reason being that light colors reflect more and make the room brighter.
- The marbles used in the room should be white or light yellow in color as it makes it more auspicious and favorable for the inhabitants.
- If you want to place a lamp in the pooja room, try to do so in the southeast or eastern side of the house.
- Another significant factor that makes the place special and auspicious is if you build the roof of the pooja room in a pyramid shape. This brings good fortune.
- Besides, you will have to keep a check on the idols as they should always be neat and clean without any deformities.
- If you do want to place an Agnikund, then it is suggested to keep it in the southeast corner of the room.
Don’ts As Per The Pooja Room Vastu
To construct a pooja room as per Vastu in a house, there are also some key points that we need to avoid so that there is no negative impression in the house. Here are a few mentioned below:
- As per the home temple Vastu, one should never build a pooja room in the south direction for it may harm the inhabitants of the house with negative vibes.
- Moreover, one should never construct a pooja room in a bedroom, storeroom or on a wall that is adjacent to the bathroom according to Vastu in mandir for home. This can have an adverse impact on the house and its inhabitants.
- If you do place idols in the pooja room, then make sure that you do not let them face the south direction.
- Also, do not place any photos in the pooja room of people who have passed away.
- It is best to avoid keeping things that do not belong in the room as well.
- One important aspect to be noted down is that one should never keep valuables or hide money in the pooja room as it is an inauspicious sign.
- It is also believed that placing a dustbin inside a temple room drives away the positive energy and thus should be avoided.
Thus, it is very crucial to understand the do’s and don’ts so that you gain maximum profit with the assistance of pooja room Vastu. Not only will you be able to stay peaceful and vibrant but you will also be able to manage your stress well.
If you still have some doubts and want to dwell deep into the matters affiliated with Vastu, then connect with our experts who will assist and guide you in the best possible way.