Auspicious Vastu Tips For Temple Construction
Temple or mandir is synonymous to peace and harmony. And such a place should be designed and constructed following the temple Vastu only. It will ensure that the divinity of the place is encapsulated in that area and devotees return enriched with joy and contentment.
Whenever you visit any temple, you may feel positivity all around the area. This positive aura is because of the divine presence of the Lord. However, the Vastu for temple construction is also responsible for that conducive environment.
The temple Vastu makes sure that it is constructed in proper proportion and correct orientation. The most important Vastu tip is for the temple’s entrance gate design. The primary shrine and the entrance gate should face the east as the sun rises from the east and brings happiness along with it. Follow this article to get the vastu tips for entrance and main door.
Vastu Tips for Temple Construction
According to Hindu temple Vastu Shastra, one has to adhere to the Vastu tips for construction of a temple. These tips are enlisted below.
- The best direction for mandir is the north-east direction.
- The direction of the temple should be such that the face of worshipper should be towards the north or east.
- The entrance gate of the temple should also be in the east direction. It should be large and strong.
- On entering the temple, the idols of the deities should not be visible to the devotees.
- Windows should be only on the eastern side.
- It is important to select the correct regular-shaped plot for temple. It should be either square or rectangle. Irregular plot or land should be avoided.
- Shoe stand should be placed on the southern side of the temple.
- Water resources should be on the eastern side of the temple.
- The idols of the deities should be placed above the ground level facing the east direction. But the idols of Lord Hanuman, Lord Dakshinamurthy and Goddess Kali should be facing the South direction.
- Any commercial or residential construction should be avoided in close proximity with the temple.
- Underground and overhead tanks should be in the south-west direction.
- As per Vastu, the kitchen should be in the south-east corner of the temple.
- The donation box should be placed in the north or east direction.
- If possible, a temple should be constructed at the site where the sea or river in the east direction. And the slope should be from south-west to northeast direction.
- Deepstambha, Agnikund and Homkund should be in the south-east corner.
- The colour of the walls, pillars and floor should be white, yellow or saffron. Follow this article to get the Vastu tips for home beams or pillars.
- The sun rays should fall on the idols directly between 6 am to 9 am.
- Devotees should have enough space to do the parikrama around the idols.
- If a temple has idols of several gods and goddesses then Lord Hanuman’s idol should be placed first in the South direction.
- The pandit of the temple should not be living inside the temple area. He should stay in a room outside the premises.
If You Are Constantly Surrounded by Personal Problems in Your Life, Then Get the Most Effective Solutions for Personal Problems.
Mandir in South-West Direction – Auspicious Or Inauspicious?
It is believed that the northeast direction is the best for constructing any temple or to enshrine any idol at home. But mandir in south-west direction is an exception. Picture or idol of Lord Hanuman can be placed in this direction. But it is not advisable to construct any temple, as it is the most inauspicious direction. One can hang the pictures of forefathers and ancestors in this direction. And if proper care is taken then this direction can help the native feel relaxed and gain fame too.
Temples have healing power. Such places are magical and divine, and if they are constructed by following the temple Vastu then the effect is huge on the devotees. The most renowned temples of India have the best mandir Vastu implemented. Hence, progression is always experienced there. On the other hand, the temples which do not adhere to the Vastu are not so serene and blissful. There is a dearth of positivity in those temples and even devotees don’t feel joyous at such places. So, before constructing any temple, its important to select the auspicious site with proper directions, natural resources, slopes and rooms according to the mandir Vastu.
- Vastu For Ceilings
- Vastu For Flooring
- Vastu For Garden Plant Trees
- Vastu For Locker Room
- Vastu For House Construction