The kitchen in a house is the main source of food and water, which in turn, provides us with good health. It is of paramount significance as it runs our body and thus is an integral part of the house we live in. Moreover, it represents the element of fire as this fire not only helps us in nurturing the physical body but it also aids in cooking purposes.
Constructing the kitchen as per Vastu is very essential as it plays a role in balancing the energies and vibrations of the house. Not only is it a source of life but it also helps in building motivation in the time of crisis.
Vastu Tips For Kitchen
It is very crucial to understand that placing the kitchen as per Vastu yields numerous benefits with the likes of keeping the family healthy, prosperous and self-driven. It assists in making a person more confident and motivated to pursue various aspects of life. Here are a few Vastu tips for kitchen that may come in handy:
- With respect to the direction of kitchen as per Vastu, it is highly advised to place it in the southeast direction as it is affiliated with the Lord of fire. Even though this is the best direction to form your kitchen, one can also set up their kitchen in the northwest direction too.
- It’s highly recommended to face the east side of the kitchen while preparing food as it provides a lot of positive energy to the person.
- In accordance with the kitchen sink vastu, the water pipes, kitchen drain, washbasin, etc should be placed in the north or northeast direction. However, the overhead tanker should not be in the same direction, rather it should be outside the kitchen in the western part of the house.
- As per kitchen vastu shastra, there has to be a proper balance between the elements of fire and water. Therefore, one should not keep the fire and water, that is the washbasin and the cooking range (gas cylinder, oven, etc), on the same level of the platform or parallel to each other as it may create issues in the relationships between the family members.
- To fight problems in your life, it is advised that the refrigerator is placed in the southwest direction as it helps in maintaining tranquility in the kitchen. Also, the grain storage place and other food stocks should be placed in the same direction for it provides wealth and good fortune.
- In terms of the kitchen vastu direction, it is preferable to construct the kitchen in a way that the windows face north, east or northeast direction.
- The vastu for kitchen suggests us to keep the electric equipment like the oven, heater, microwave, etc in the southeast or south side of the kitchen and to avoid it to place in the northeast side.
- The kitchen color, as per Vastu, should be chocolate, rose, orange, red or yellow.
- The dining table in the kitchen should be placed in such a manner that it falls in the northwest corner of the room and not in the middle of the kitchen. It is believed that placing it in this direction helps in digesting food properly and maintain good health as well.
- In kitchen vastu, as far as the flooring is concerned, it is instructed to use marble, mosaic or ceramic tiles to keep the kitchen more neat and clean.
- It is also advised to not keep the door of the bathroom opposite to the door of the kitchen, according to the kitchen direction as per Vastu.
- The windows and exhaust fan should be aligned in the east direction, whereas the clock should be hung on the south or southwest wall, says our expert.
Don’ts As Per Kitchen Vastu
Here are a few key points to avoid and take note of while constructing the kitchen as per Vastu Shastra:
- There should not be a common wall between the kitchen and the bathroom. The kitchen should also not be placed directly above or below the kitchen.
- The kitchen should not face the main entrance of the house.
- The kitchen stove and sink should be placed in a way that it does not fall beneath the pooja room or the temple as it brings bad fortune.
- It is best to avoid directions like north, north-east, and southwest for constructing your kitchen as it may have a negative impact on the relationships that the family shares.
- Additionally, it is best to avoid colors like black or any dark colors on the kitchen walls.
Thus, we now know what all things are advisable and what are the things that should be avoided while constructing the kitchen as per Vastu. If you have more doubts regarding kitchen Vastu, connect with our experts who will guide you to make the best out of your kitchen space.