Constructing your house as per Vastu Shastra is very important and similarly, building your main entrance door as per Vastu is equally crucial, say our experts. But why is it so seminal?
Well, Vastu experts believe that the entrance of the main door is the most influential and pivotal part of the house as the door lets in and out various kinds of vibes and cosmic energy with people. It is similar to entering an inner world (house) from the outer world which brings along a lot of vibrations too. This makes the entrance door of utmost importance, as per the main entrance door Vastu.
Main Door Vastu (Do’s)
Here are some of the do’s while placing your main door in your house:
- As far as the direction of the main door is concerned, it is highly recommended to place the door in the North, North-East, East or West direction as these are considered to be very favorable and auspicious.
- Another crucial aspect is that the main gate of the house and the entrance door should not be aligned on the same line. This is because it is not considered to be auspicious as per the main door vastu as it affects the direct flow of energy and vibrations inside and outside the house.
- Placing a doormat near the entrance of the door is quite fruit-bearing for it not only helps to keep dirt from entering the house, but it also keeps away the dark and negative energy that can have an adverse impact on the house and its members.
- It is also advised by Vastu experts that the main door should be the biggest door in the house.
- Moreover, there should be an “umbro” or an elevated slab of concrete at the entrance of the door. This aids in not letting the negative vibes from outside flow in abundance inside the house. You may also place auspicious signs like “Sathiya” or felicitous “footstep” stickers in the corners of the main door that may also help in driving away the negative energies.
- According to the main entrance door vastu, it is beneficial to have a name plate on the main door for it invites health, wealth and happiness.
- In terms of the material used in making the door, it is preferable to use the wooden door as it is the most favorable of them all. But if it is in the South direction, then a combination of wood and metal is considered great. Similarly, metal work should be used for the south direction, majority of silver color for North direction and an amalgamation of wood and metal accessories for the east direction.
- The area around the main door should be kept very neat and clean as it attracts positive vibrations.
- Also, make sure that the door does not creak and proper oiling is done whenever it is needed for it creates a negative impact on the house.
Main Door Vastu (Don’ts)
We now know what we have to do to building and placing the main door as per Vastu Shastra, but also find below a list of don’ts that you have to consider as well:
- It is highly advised to not place a mirror opposite to the main door as it may reflect the energy and vibrations.
- One should use bright lights at the entrance of the main door but surely avoid using any red lights for the same.
- It is also best to avoid sticking any god’s photo on the main door as well for banging and disrespecting it may cause problems for you.
- Do not use divine signs and symbols on the “umbro” or the elevated slab mentioned earlier, as you would not want to step on it while entering the house.
- The stairs in front of the main door, as per Vastu, should not be even in number.
- One should not have their main door in the south, south-west, north-west or south-east directions.
- Make sure that there is no door opposite to your main door.
- Do not have creaking doors as well.
Remedies For Main Door Vastu
As mentioned earlier that the entrance, as per the main door Vastu, should be in the north, north-east, east or west direction. If it is not, then there are some possible remedies that one can try to overcome the negative impact of the same. Here are some Vastu tips for main door:
- If you have your main door in the south or south-west direction, then it is suggested to use a lead metal pyramid and a lead helix to correct it.
- If you have your main door in the north-west direction, then it is suggested to use a brass pyramid and a brass helix to correct it.
- If you have your main door in the south-east direction, then you can use a copper helix to correct it.
Additionally, one can also decorate the entrance of the door using plants if sufficient space is available. Thus, the entrance of the door is very important and making sure that things are correctly placed and crucial things are taken care of, you may surely experience a good vibe and energy in the house, says our expert.
If you still face any problems with main door Vastu for flats, bungalows, offices, etc then consult our experts who will guide you further with their immense experience in the same field.