Portico is an area that is a part of the roof of the building and is supported by columns. It is a spatial area outside the house but is attached to the building in the form of a porch. This structure is used for multiple purposes where you can either park your car or sit with your family and friends. Framing and designing a portico may have been a very western thing, but it is also considered to be a space outside the door that assists in bringing a lot of optimistic and positive vibrations for the inhabitants as per Vastu Shastra!
Portico which is also known as a porch/verandah is viewed as being quite auspicious according to Vastu for the portico. Right from its location to its design, building a portico is proven to be very advantageous in terms of generating good health, wealth and prosperity.
Portico Vastu: The Doe’s
- To start with, one of the reasons to construct a portico is that it acts as a shield against negative energies along with blessing the inhabitants with sound health. It also helps to create an optimistic vibe in the house.
- Besides, doing so in this particular direction can also be scientifically explained as it helps in receiving the optimum amount of morning sunlight required.
- See to it that you do not let the portico be in contact with the main building directly. Use pillars as supporting structures and do not let them face the wall.
- As per what is stated in the Portico Vastu, if you do happen to park your car under the portico then it is favorable to do so in the North or East of North for the plots which face the North or the East direction.
- Slanting the roof of the Portico/Patio/Verandah East and North side can create propitious circumstances for you and your family. It may increase the effectiveness needed in dealing with situations as well.
- One can also green it up and grow plants in the North-East area for it also makes you connect with mother nature at some level.
- Furthermore, the height of the portico should be less than that of the main building in the opinion of the experts.
- Try to keep open spaces in the verandah/portico because it will let in a continuous flow of refreshing air. This will provide upbeat energy in the house.
- Use light colors like white or shades of yellow to paint the walls of your portico.
Portico Vastu: The Don’ts
There certainly are things that one should desist from while establishing a place for a portico or a verandah. These are prescribed so that people do not experience any negativity due to its misplacement. This, in turn, can cause unfavorable situations in terms of both your health and wealth. One can also use our Golden Plated Vastu Yantra that can help fight the negativity in the house and generate more positive vibrations to help you deal with them!
Here are some aspects that one should avoid while constructing a portico or a verandah:
- Do not erect the verandah/portico in the South direction as it brings a lot of bad omens and mishappenings to the family.
- Placing heavy furniture can be avoided as it can block the flow of the air circulation around the place.
- One should refrain from erecting circular corners of the verandah/portico as well.
- In an ideal situation, one can also abstain from using Tin roofs and rather resort to cement walls. Having no roof at all is also advisable, says Ganesha.
- The walls should also not have cut corners as it affects the aura of the place.
- As it is a very crucial part of the house, one can also consult a Vaastu expert who can assist in providing a more detailed knowledge for constructing the verandah/portico.
- Plan and design your portico before building the house. This can help you plan your special arrangements in a better way.
- Placing the portico in the West direction may also have its disadvantages. So, one can avoid doing this!
- Keeping the place lit up and making sure that the area is clean will also add to the benefits.
Vaastu Shastra, as they call it, is the science of architecture and if followed properly can bring in a lot of positive changes in life. Similarly, portico Vastu plays a significant pillar in providing the benefits as per the science of Vastu. Over and above that, we now also know how its construction in a particular manner can bring about optimistic changes and assist the people living in the house with more positivity in life. While it also makes one more successful, it also provides the person with good health and happiness!
Related Articles :