While building a house, Vastu helps us in erecting a structure in a way that provides us a lot of benefits. But, Vastu is not just limited to your hall, kitchen, entrance door, pooja room or bedroom. It is also applicable in places like the toilet and bathroom as well which can also prove beneficial for the people living in the house.
As a matter of fact, special attention is needed in the case of toilets and bathrooms as they are the main source of negative energy in the house. So, right from the direction of the bathroom to its structure will be crucial in putting up a toilet and a bathroom as per Vastu.
Vastu Tips For Bathroom and Toilet
Now we do know the importance of building a toilet and bathroom as per the Vastu. Here are a few points that have to be taken into account while constructing it:
- According to the toilet direction as per Vastu, it should be built in the west or northwest direction. And, if you do end up combining the toilet and the bathroom, then it is advised to build the toilet in the northwest direction.
- Also, make sure that that toilet and bathroom you build should not be adjacent to the pooja room, kitchen as per vastu or under the stairs for that matter as it may induce negative vibes.
- As far as making the door is concerned, it is suggested by experts to use wooden doors rather than using metal ones as it promotes pessimistic vibes in the house.
- It is also advised to keep the bathroom door shut at all times because keeping the door open may create issues in your personal relationships as well as your career.
- As this place holds negative energy, it is not recommended to keep statutes and images of gods near/on the bathroom door.
- Concerning bathroom Vastu, see to it that the commode is towards the north-south axis in the toilet.
- Fit a pot in such a manner that the person sitting does not face the east or west direction.
- It is also suggested to construct the toilet 1-2 feet higher than the ground level.
- Build your entrance door on the east or north wall as is suggested in the Vastu for bathroom fittings.
- Light color schemes with the likes of white, blue and pink are preferred to paint the walls of the bathroom as per the Vastu colors for the bathroom.
- To add further, one may also place the window, exhaust fan or space for ventilation in the east, west or north wall of the bathroom, so that sunlight and fresh air lightens up this space.
- As far as drainage is concerned, the direction of the water outlet should be towards the north, east or northeast direction. Again, make sure that the slope is also in the same direction.
- With respect to the bathroom Vastu, place your mirror, taps, and shower in the north direction. Additionally, electrical equipment like Geyser, switchboard, etc should be in the southeast corner of the bathroom.
- If you do want a space for the changing room, then construct it in the south or west direction as is suggested in the bathroom direction according to Vastu.
- The bathroom tiles should be of light and pale shades.
- If you place a washing machine, make sure that it is in the southeast and northwest direction. Besides, one can also put the bathtub in the west side of the room. Read about other household appliances
- If one wants to bathe, he/she should be in the north or east side of the bathroom. And, all the washing clothes should be kept in the north-western corner as per the bathroom Vastu.
- One can also make use of the plants to decorate the bathroom and make it more lively.
Read full guide to understand Vastu Directions
Things To Avoid As Per Bathroom and Toilet Vastu
Here is a list of things that one should completely avoid while building a bathroom in their house. These are:
- Avoid constructing the toilet in the center, east or northeast of the house.
- Also, make sure that the bathroom is not connected with the bedroom for it may induce nightmares for a person sleeping in such a room.
- Avoid having a water closet above or under a pooja room in a toilet.
- Moreover, building a septic tank on the south side of the toilet may have a negative influence on the house.
- Do not store your water in the southwest or southeast side.
- Moreover, avoid using dark colors to paint the walls of the bathroom for it may produce negative energy that may have an adverse impact.
- The toilet should never be in front of the bathroom door as well.
Into the bargain, one should also avoid constructing an attached bathroom and toilet for it may create financial as well as health issues for the family living in the house.
If you do have any queries related to bathroom Vastu or toilet Vastu, then consult our experts who can guide you and provide you with a variety of solutions.