Useful Vastu Tips For Pillars, Beams & Columns - Creating A Positive Support System
Pillars and columns in a house are built purposely to distribute the load evenly over the floor. But if these are built at the wrong place or direction, they can have an adverse effect on the occupants. A wrongly built pillar may hamper the growth of family members and may also lead to disputes.
Hence, it is important to understand the basic principles of vastu for pillars in house and also the vastu for beams.
Vastu for Pillars in House – Give a strong support to your house
When a house has some protruding edges or corners, it creates bad Vastu and also hinders the path to success. Hence, we are here to help you with some vastu tips for pillars.
- Any pillar should not block the main gate or the entrance. This obstructs the inflow of positive energy into the house.
- Avoid constructing pillars just inside or at the entrance as this will be an obstacle to growth and success.
- If you have purchased the house with a ready pillar at the entrance and if it cannot be removed, then the vastu for pillar in front of the main door suggests changing the main entrance to some other positive direction. This will help in getting rid of the vastu dosha.
- If changing the main entrance is also not possible, then without any delay, hang a picture of an open field or a road and paint the pillar with a colour that gives a sense of open area.
- If the structure of your house rests upon the pillars, it creates a void and lets the wealth escape from that void. It is advisable to build a room to seal the void and retain your finances.
- If the pillar is too sharp and pointed, then cover it with plants or mirrors. Ensure that the mirror does not reflect toilets or entrance in it. And it is important to frequently change the plants as the strong negative vibes are absorbed by them when they are put near the pillars.
- Avoid having pillars in the living room. But if there is one that cannot be removed, then you should divide the room from the pillar. This will help in easy movement of positive energy and invite abundance without much hurdles.
- As per vastu for column count, one should have an even number of pillars in the house for peace and prosperity.
Pillars in Brahmasthana – A Vastu Flaw
It is believed that the centre of the house, which is the Brahmsthana, is the core and is the calmest place. It has the maximum connection with the cosmos and its energies. This area should never be obstructed with anything, especially a pillar. The ancient Indian houses were built with open courtyards as it was the Brahmsthana of such houses. And the open space helped the house absorb most of the positive energies from the cosmos. All this led to a harmonious relationship amongst the family members and also blessed them with a sense of content. Vastu Shastra advises not to have any pillar in the Brahmsthana. But if it is unavoidable, then one should follow the vastu remedy for pillars in Brahmsthana without any delay. Crystal lotus, Ashthakon pyramid, and Copper pyramid shifting arrows can be installed in the house as a remedy for this vastu dosha. But all this should be done under the guidance of a vastu expert.
The Beams Vastu
As there is vastu for pillars, vastu shastra also guides us with vastu tips for beams in the house.
- It is not recommended to have a beam just above the place where members sleep. This will affect their health and also lead to stress and sleeplessness.
- Even sitting below the beam is not advisable as it releases negative energy and drains out all the positivity. It acts as an obstacle in career growth.
- The beams should be covered with a false ceiling as this helps in getting rid of vastu doshas.
- If it’s not possible to have a false ceiling, then it should be decorated and kept clean. This will help in the flow of positive energy.
- Hanging two flutes wrapped in red cloth, over the beam, is an effective vastu remedy to reduce negativity due to beams.
- The vastu pyramids can be used to get rid of the vastu dosha due to the presence of a beam at some critical place in the house.
As much as floor or door or directions are important in Vastu, so are columns and beams. Columns and beams play a vital role in holding the building and taking on the pressure of the entire structure. They act as the backbone of the house. But if this bone is infected with vastu dosha, then it will certainly affect the life of the ones who reside there. So, one should try to comply by the vastu for pillars and beams while constructing the house.
- Vastu For Bedroom
- Vastu For Living Room
- Vastu For Kitchen
- Vastu For Shanti Puja
- Vastu For Dining Room