Many of you might know that a North facing house is the most preferable one as per Vastu Shastra. You are right on that, and the second one that comes in line is an East facing home. Being the direction from where Sunrises, East is said to bring positivity and harmony. The rays of the mighty Sun regulate the fragments that form the entire physical world. This is the same reason why elders worship the Sun as a deity and the East direction is given significance.
Vastu Tips for Main Door Location of East Facing House
Simply building an East facing house is not sufficient to consider it auspicious. The location of the entrance or main door helps determine whether the living space is auspicious or not, on the basis of Vastu Shastra. We will make the process easy for you with these steps or padas. The direction in a home consists of nine steps or padas. Visualize the East length of your house and divide it into 9 equal parts. This division is from North-East to South-East. Each of these parts is called a step or pada. The step in the North-East corner is the 1st one, and the one in the South-East corner is the 9th. Each step or pada can bring grace in a unique way to people residing in the house.
- The 5th step is the most sacred location for a main door in an East facing home. It is where the God of fame, Sun is located. Hence, the inhabitants earn good name, fame, and respect from the society.
- The steps 3, 4, 6, and 7 can be used to place the main door if the 5th step is very small. But, it is always favored to include the 5th step in the arrangement.
- The prohibited ones in the North-East direction are the padas 1 and 2. But do not worry if you have to build the main door in the North-East corner without any other option. It will be a neutral place, which means, it will neither let harm come to you nor benefits. Additionally, if the main door is going to be in this corner, ensure that there is a minimum of 6-inch space between the door and the wall in North-East.
- The steps 8 and 9 are strictly prohibited, as it gives way for all the illnesses to make their way into the home.
With the above guidelines, you can decide the entrance door placement in a simple manner. Read more about Vastu for Main Entrance Door
Below are the tips that you need to follow in an East facing home as per Vastu Shastra.
East Facing House – Vastu Do’s:
- The walls to the East and North should be a bit smaller and slimmer than the walls to the West and South.
- Build a house with a balcony possibly on the Eastside. (This should be in such a way that there is no construction on the East, ENE (East-Northeast) and NNE (North-Northeast) side.
- You should construct a Verandah slopping East such that North-East is not narrowed.
- While cooking, you should face towards East in a South-East kitchen, and West in a North-West kitchen.
- You should place a puja room in the North-East, it is highly auspicious.
- You can choose to place your living room in the North-Eastside.
- You can create a guest bedroom in the North-West direction.
- A plot inclining from South to North is considered favorable.
- It is for the best to have a master bedroom in the south-West direction.
- More open area towards the East direction is considered to bring luck.
- Building an underground water tank in the North-Eastside is deemed auspicious.
- The drainage should be accumulated in the Eastside and evacuated from there.
East Facing House – Vastu Don’ts
- Avoid buying a plot that is inclining from North to South if possible.
- You should not build bathrooms in the North-East corner.
- You should avoid constructing a septic tank in the north-east corner.
- Do not build staircases in the North-East side of your home.
- Refrain from building a kitchen in the North-East corner.
- You should not place dustbins towards the North-East of your home.
- Ensure that there are no cuts in the North-East corner of the house.
- As per Vastu, you should refrain from planting trees in the East direction. This is because they will block the morning sun rays.
The above guidelines about what to do and what to avoid will help you understand the Vastu benefits about an East facing house. However, it is preferable to consult an expert astrologer before going ahead. They can help you tackle challenges that may come in the way towards building your home.