When it comes to choosing the direction one’s house faces, people opt for the North direction as per Vastu Shastra. Even for business communities, a North facing property is their first choice. The North direction is ruled by the god of wealth, Lord Kuber. Such house attracts abundance and prosperity in terms of wealth. It even becomes easy to design and plan a North facing house with all Vastu requirements. Hence, this is also a quick house to sell if it faces in North!
Vastu Guidelines for Main Door Location in Houses Facing North
Along with choosing a house facing North, the location of the main door also plays a vital role. The North direction in a house consists of nine steps or padas. To know how these steps are formed, visualize the North length of your home. Divide it into 9 equal parts from the North-East corner to the North-West corner. The North-East step is the 1st one and the North-West step is the 9th one. Each step or pada can bring fortune in a unique way to the inhabitants of the house. However, for the Northside, the 5th pada is the most auspicious one in order to accumulate riches.
- The 5th step is where Lord Kuber is situated and helps attracts wealth. Hence, this step is said to be the most auspicious one for the main door or entrance location in a North facing house.
- You can use the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th steps for the main door if step 5 is small. But ensure that you include 5th step along with steps 1, 2, 3 or 4.
- If you’re using up the space up to 1st step, you need to ensure that the entrance or main door does not touch the North-East corner. You need to leave at least 6 inches of margin from the North-East corner.
- The steps 6 to 9 should be used if there is no possibility to situate the main door in any other steps or padas.
From these guidelines, you will come to know that no step in the North direction is prohibited, contrary to other directions. This is the very reason that the North direction is considered the most favorable as per Vastu Shastra.
Now that you are aware of the guidelines, let’s go ahead and read the do’s and don’ts in a North Facing House.
North Facing House – Vastu Do’s:
- Provide an underground tank at the North-East portion of the house.
- It is better to leave more open space towards the East and North while constructing.
- Make maximum windows on the North or East direction of the construction.
- Place an open terrace towards the Northside. You can apply the element balancing techniques to construct an open terrace in other directions.
- Build the walls in the North and East directions a bit smaller and slimmer than the ones in the South and West directions.
- Ensure that the kitchen is in South-East or North-West.
- While cooking, you should face towards East in a South-East kitchen and West in a North-West kitchen.
- You should create the Pooja room in the North-East corner.
- You can situate your living room in the North-East corner.
- The guest bedroom can be in the North-West.
- Select a plot that inclines from South to North.
- The master bedroom should be in the South-West.
- Garage should be placed towards the North-West of the plot or home.
North Facing House – Vastu Don’ts
- Avoid leaving surplus space towards the South and West.
- Avoid situating a septic tank in North-East, South-East or South-west corner of the area. Locating septic tanks in these directions is considered as a Vastu defect.
- Avoid placing a heavy pillar on the North-East side while constructing a home.
- Refrain from placing a toilet in the North-East corner.
- You should avoid the placement of bedroom in the North-East corner.
- Do not build staircases in the Northside of the house, especially from steps 1st to 5th.
- Placing the kitchen in the North-East corner should be avoided.
- You should avoid selecting a plot that inclines from North to South.
- There should not be any big trees in the Northside of the home.
- You should not keep dustbins or dirt towards the North and North-East.
- Avoid cutting the North-East corner.
- Avoid a plot with the T-junction from any direction.
You are all set to create that living space and welcome the abundance in your life. Applying these tips and guidelines will increase the amount of positivity in your home. It will also keep the surroundings of your North facing house sacred.
- Vastu for South Facing House
- Vastu for East Facing House
- Vastu for West Facing House
- Vastu for North East Facing House
- Vastu for North West Facing House