With the increase in the overall income of an average middle-class family, the trend of eating out and staying out has seen a great elevation in the past decade. The hospitality business is flourishing and people in business consider the restaurant sector as a good business option. When Vastu for the restaurant is religiously followed, it yields an excellent profit to the owner. It also makes the visitor feel comfortable and secure at the vastu compliant restaurants. But if the restaurant does not comply with the vastu principles, it may lead to the downfall of the business and the owner may have to suffer a huge loss.
Vastu for Restaurant
Vastu for restaurants makes the restaurant turn into a paradise for the customers, and it also gives the owner of the business his due position in the industry. The guests who visit restaurants that are vastu compliant, come out with great appreciation as they get complete satisfaction and value for their money. The owner of the business also benefits with vastu for the restaurant as it makes him prosperous and fetches popularity too. The science of architecture – vastu shastra has laid down certain basic and easy principles that can help in escalating the business of restaurants. Vastu shastra for restaurants mentions a few vastu tips that are elaborated here.
Vastu Tips for Restaurant and It’s Kitchen
To have a flourishing restaurant business and enjoy customer satisfaction, one must follow the below-given vastu tips for a restaurant.
- Having a regular shape plot is considered good vastu for a restaurant.
- As per the vastu shastra for restaurants, the main entrance of the restaurant should be in the north or east direction.
- The reception has an aura of its own; this should be in the north zone as it is full of positivity.
- Try to choose a location that is well known and is a fully functional area as such places are less affected by bad vastu and can be an excellent support for escalating the business.
- There should be a maximum number of windows in the north and east direction as they are the gateway to positivity.
- The seating arrangement should be possibly kept on the first floor.
- The customers should face either east or west while enjoying a meal at the restaurant. The tables should be square or rectangular.
- The vastu for the kitchen suggests that the kitchen should be in the southeast only. No other direction is favorable for the business.
- As per the vastu for the restaurant cash counter, the cashier should be facing the east or north while the payment is being received.
- Avoid having a beam or pillar in the restaurant. If there is any beam, then ensure that no customer sits under it directly. This leads to a discord between the customer and the owner, which is not suitable for the business.
- Raw materials like vegetables, oil, and grains should be stored in the south-west of the restaurant’s store-room.
- South-east is a favorable direction to keep electronic equipment like generator, inverter, and geyser.
- Restaurant toilets should be in the west or north-west direction of the restaurant.
- The walls of the restaurant should be bright and inviting. Paint them with light yet bright shades. Avoid dark shades.
- Decorate the dining hall with fresh flowers as they bring positivity and freshness.
- The waiters should wear light shades of grey, blue or yellow. Avoid black and brown.
- Install a water fountain in the north-east direction of the restaurant as it invites abundance.
- North-east is the most favored direction to install washbasin. It should never be placed in the center of the restaurant.
- Avoid having any water body like a lake or river, in the south of the restaurant as this may lead to mismanagement issues at the place.
- The cold storage unit should be in the west.
- Vastu for coffee shop suggests that the coffee table should be small and comfortable. It should not be a glass table. Wooden furniture is advisable.
- Vastu suggests that the restaurants facing west should have a slope towards the east to negate the negative effect of the vastu dosha.
- If the restaurant faces south, then create a slope in the north. This will attract positivity and prosperity.
- The western and the southern walls should be thicker than the northern and the eastern walls. This will obstruct negativity from entering the restaurant. At the same time, it will give free movement to the positivity in the area.
Having meals outside with family has become a common trend. But if the restaurant we choose to dine in is not designed as per vastu for restaurant, customers might feel unsatisfied. By the simple vastu tips for restaurants, it becomes possible for the restaurant owner to attract more customers, and it also enhances the food quality and taste, that compels the customers to return to the same restaurant.