- In the Horoscope of independent India, Sun is in the Moon Sign Cancer, and the transiting Sun is passing through the 10th House in the Moon Sign Aquarius and in the Satatarka constellation. Such planetary positions indicate that the Finance Minister may take some harsh decisions regarding the gold policy, public sector units (PSUs), GDP growth rate, taxation, income tax and sales tax.
- The 5th House represents the mutual funds, speculators, brokerage houses/ companies, education sector and universities. Besides, the Natal Moon is posited in Cancer, and on the day of the Union Budget, Moon will be passing through the Virgo Sign, in the 5th House. As a result, the aforementioned sectors may get a favourable treatment in the upcoming Union Budget.
- The transiting Mars forms a conjunction with Mercury, Sun and Venus in the 10th House. Resultantly, the Judiciary, Armed Forces and other major authority bodies may be given more power and authority in the Union Budget.
- Mercury, the Lord of the 2nd House in the Horoscope Chart, is in a retrograde motion and, as mentioned earlier, is transiting through the 10th House. Because of this particular planetary alignment, it is likely that the Export-Import industry, Foreign Trade, National Saving Schemes, Currency, RBI policies and Rural Development Programmes will neither be at a loss nor at any benefit in the Union Budget 2013-2014. Some relief in the Insurance sector may be expected, though.
- Jupiter will transiting through the Moon Sign Taurus, the Ascendant in India's Kundali, over the House of the Natal Rahu. As a result, it is possible that there will be some expected benefits in store for the stock exchanges, government loans, bonds andgovernment securities. However, sandalwood, gold, diamond jewellery and perfumes may become more expensive. In general, education, however, can be expected to get more affordable. This may not apply to higher education, though.
- Venus, the Lord of India's Ascendant Sign as well as the 6th House, will be transiting through the 10th House. Therefore, businesses related to Textiles, Butter, Milk, Betel- Nuts, Liquid Medicine, Land Development and Liquor may remain in focus. Along with these, Health-related Programmes, Army, Air-force, Civil Services, Medical Services and Labour Services may also get some benefits.
- A stellium of four major planets – Sun, Mercury, Mars and Venus – is happening in the 10th House, the House of Government and Government Policies. The planetary forces may make the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister take into account the growth rate, inflation and the entire economy while preparing the Union Budget. But despite all the efforts, they may not be appreciated for the Budget.
- The Finance Minister may also consider tax accumulation, revenue deficit, fixed deposits and foreign direct investment flow, while preparing the Union Budget. It is likely that the policies related to these matters may go through some drastic changes, causing some sort of panic. Nevertheless, the Finance Minister will definitely try to play safe and make efforts to maintain the growth rate.
- At present, India is under the influence of Sun Mahadasha, Saturn Antardasha and Chandra Pratiantardasha. Here, Sun is Sukhesh, therefore, sectors such as Agriculture, Infrastructure, Auto-mobile, Petroleum Products, Dairy Products and Silver Products may be in focus.
- In the Horoscope Chart of the independent India, Moon is the Lord of the 3rd House. Therefore, the Chandra Pratiantardasha may keep sectors like Transportation, Telecommunication and Railway Stock as well as Courier Companies in focus.
The Auto-mobile sector may not get any direct and favourable influence of the Budget. However, the Finance Minister may try and introduce some positive movements, foresees Ganesha. The future of the Auto-mobile sector overall looks set to be promising, though.
The sector that may experience wide fluctuations in 2013 :
- Since Saturn and Rahu are in conjunction, the Leather sector may remain highly volatile in the year 2013.
Information Technology (IT)
As per the Kundali of independent India, Sun is the Lord of the 4th House and it is in the 3rd House in the Moon Sign Cancer. On the day of the Budget presentation, the Natal Sun will be transiting through the Moon Sign Aquarius, in Satatarka constellation, with Mercury, Mars,Venus, and in the House of Profession. This suggests that software companies working for the software and finance of the Banks' infrastructure are likely to remain in focus.
The planets Mercury and Venus are associated with the Auto-mobile sector.
In India's Natal chart, Mercury is the Lord of the 2nd and the 5th House. On the day of the Budget presentation, Mercury will be retrograde in the 10th House, in Sataraka constellation. Sun, Venus and Mars will also be in the same House on that day. Since Rahu is the Lord of this constellation, this particular sector may experience unpredictable movements.
The Pharmaceutical sector is represented by the Sun. In India's Horoscope, Sun is in the 3rd House, in the Zodiac Sign Cancer. On the day of the Union Budget 2013-2014 the Natal Sun is transiting through the Zodiac Sign Aquarius, in Satatarka constellation. Rahu is the Lord of this constellation. As a result, the Pharmaceutical sector will experience some powerful and long-term influence of the Budget. Moreover, in the upcoming Union Budget, businesses related to the production and R&D (research and development) of medicines for heart, chest, spine, spinal, pancreas and metabolism are going to be in focus. Apart from these, vaccines and bulk drugs are also likely to be in focus.
Banking As per Vedic Astrology, Mercury represents the Banking sector. In India's Horoscope Chart, Mercury is in the 3rd House in the Zodiac Sign Cancer. On 28/02/2013, the retrograde Mercury will be transiting through the 10th House and the Poorvabhadrapda constellation, which is ruled by Jupiter.
The sector itself is going through a favourable phase; there are chances that a proposal to increase the numbers of branches and ATM machines will be put forth the Parliament. The Finance Minister may concentrate on the performance of the Public Sector Unit (PSU) banks and Insurance sector in the upcoming Union Budget, notes Ganesha.
Infrastructure-Cement and Real Estate
This sector is ruled by Mars. In India's Kundali, Mars is in the 2nd House, in the Zodiac Sign Gemini. On the day when the Union Budget is going to be presented, Mars is going to be in the 10th House and in the Poorvabhadrapda constellation of Jupiter. The planetary position is likely to increase the benefits that Infrastructure-Cement and Real Estate sector business might have been enjoying.
In the Cement industry, the burden on the cost of raw material is likely to become more challenging. To sum it up, Ganesha says that the Cement sector may go through highly volatile times during 2013-2014.
Metal and Steel
Saturn and Mars represent the Metal and Steel sector. The exalted Saturn is posited with the negative planet Rahu, whereas Mars is posited in the Aquarius, which is rule by Saturn. Here, Saturn and Mars are not creating a favourable combination. Therefore, as far as this sector is concerned, Mr. P. Chidambaram is likely to give some odd and perplexing results.
Venus represents the field of entertainment. Venus is the Lord of the Ascendant and the 6th House, and is transiting through the 10th House in Satatarka constellation which in turn is lorded over by Rahu. This particular planetary alignment suggests that the Radio industry will maintain its growth rate. Moreover, companies related to broadcasting are also likely to get benefited by such a planetary position. Ganesha foresees that the Finance Minister is likely to implements new policies for new television channels. The growth in this industry is likely to be more quantitative than qualitative. While forming the policies for this sector, revenue generation in the main Indian languages, circulation income, printing cost, and average cost are also likely to be considered, foretells Ganesha.
It has been a rather interesting and challenging period for the Telecom industry, which has been in the clutches of 2G spectrum scam for quite some time now. Astrologically, the Telecom sector is ruled by Mercury, which is the Lord of the 2nd and the 5th House. In the Horoscope Chart of India, Mercury is in the 3rd House. On 28/02/2013, when the Union Budget is going to be presented, the transiting Mercury is going to be retrograde in the Moon Sing Aquarius and in the Poorvabhadrapda constellation, which is ruled by Jupiter. The Indian government is likely to focus on following matters -
- Revenue growth
- Subscriber growth
- Profit Margin
- Number of operators
- 3G and BWA roll out
- Rural penetration
- Spectrum management and licence terms and conditions
- Re verification of mobile subscribers
- Data segment
- TRAI directive on value added services
Therefore, if we look at the Telecom sector with a long-term perspective, the condition looks favourable. The Finance Minister is likely to present a reform-based and performance- oriented budget for this sector. In short, as far as the Telecom industry is concerned, there may be some movements beneath the surface. However, the effects may not be clearly visible.
Fertilizers, Pesticides and Agriculture
Rahu and Ketu represent this sector. In India's Horoscope chart, Rahu is posited in the Ascendant, and therefore this sector always remains in the news. On the day of the Union Budget presentation, the transiting Rahu shall be moving over the Natal Jupiter. So, overall, the Budget may prove to be encouraging for this sector, foretells Ganesha.
With Ganesha's Grace,
The GaneshaSpeaks Team