Every Major Yoga in Kundali and All You Need to Know About Them
How Yogas in Your Kundali are Formed
Major Kundali Yogas: Effects and Formation
1. Panch Mahapurush YogaAs the name suggests, Panch Mahapurush Yoga is created by five planets, each of them different in characteristics. Those five planets are Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Saturn, and Venus. Based on their positioning in your birth chart in the different houses, they will affect you as below: Hamsa Yoga: If your natal Jupiter is positioned in Sagittarius, Cancer, or Pisces, and one of these signs are in Kendra (1st, 4th, 7th, or 10th house from the ascendant in your birth chart), Hamsa Yoga is formed. Hamsa Yoga is likely to bring you name and fame in life. It is known to bestow intelligence to the natives, and while being some of the smartest people around, they are also spiritual at times. Jupiter grants them knowledge, and at the same time, makes them humble. Malavya Yoga: When your Venus is positioned in Taurus, Libra, or Pisces, and one of the signs are situated in either 1st, 4th, 7th, or 10th house from the ascendant, then the Malavya Yoga is formed. It blesses the native with a charming personality and undeniable Charisma. They will be gracious and attractive. Luxury, comfort, and beauty are the things synonyms for Malavya Yoga. Being on the good side of Venus has its perks! Bhadra Yoga: If in your birth chart, Mercury is situated in either Gemini or Virgo, and these signs are positioned 1st, 4th, 7th, or 10th house from your ascendant, then Bhadra Yoga is formed. Bhadra Yoga is believed to bestow the natives with a strong and healthy body with a long life. They are also quick-witted, yet gentle and kind. Like the true followers of Mercury, they love travelling and gain lots out of it. Ruchaka Yoga: Ruchaka Yoga is formed when Mars is placed in Aries, Scorpio, or Capricorn, and in one of the Kendra (1st, 4th, 7th, or 10th house from ascendant). Mars in Vedic astrology is associated with courage and bravery. Natives of this yoga are also courageous and hold higher positions in either governments or armies. They are also virtuous and along with their physical strength, they also possess solid mental strength. Sasa Yoga: When Saturn is in its own signs Capricorn or Aquarius; or exalted in Libra, and at the same time situated in Kendra, the Sasa Yoga is created. Sasa Yoga is many times associated with power and fame. Natives with Sasa Yoga are likely to achieve a higher status and social standing in their life. They are great hosts and always helpful to others. These are the five Yogas that you may find in your Kundli, under Panch Mahapurush Yoga. It is sometimes also referred to as Panch Koti Yoga. For more detailed information on them, you can continue reading here.
2. Budh Aditya Yoga
3. Chandra Mangal YogaChandra Mangal Yoga defines itself, doesn’t it? However, there is more to this Yoga than it meets the eye. Yes, the formation occurs when the Moon and Mars are in the same house. However, for this Yoga to work for the benefit of the native, both the planets have to be benefic in their birth chart. In other words, if any one of these planets is incurring malefic effects in your birth chart, the Chandra Mangal Yoga will not prove to be beneficial for you, even if they are in the same house. Some astrologers also believe that even if these planets aspect each other in Janam Kundali, Chandra Mangal Yoga is formed. When benefic, Chandra Mangal Yoga is believed to bring ultimate riches to the native. However, many times it is not considered as strong a Yoga as others. It can also make the natives money-minded or cruel even! You can read more about this interesting planetary combination here: Chandra Mangal Yoga
4. Gaja Kesari YogaOne of the most widely known Yoga, Gaja Kesari Yoga is considered to be very beneficial and auspicious Yoga. Gaja Kesari Yoga is formed by the placements of Jupiter and the Moon in your birth chart. When the Moon and Jupiter are in mutual Kendra, that is placed from 1st, 4th, 7th, or 10th house from each other, the Yoga is formed. The influence of this Yoga is believed to be long-lasting and very lucrative. Natives with this Yoga will be blessed with peace of mind, prosperity, and wisdom. The natives are also likely to be rewarded for their hard work with riches and happiness in abundance. Read more about
5. Guru Mangal Yoga
6. Amala Yoga
7. Kahala Yoga
8. Lakshmi YogaFor Lakshmi Yoga to be formed, it is essential to have a strong ruler of the 9th house (the house of luck). Venus and Jupiter play an important role in the occurrence of this Yoga, as both the planets are considered to bring worldly gains and materialistic pleasures. When a powerful planet creates a Kendra or Trikona. The relationship of this planet with planets in the ascendant also play an important part. Also, the lord of the 1st house should not be in the 6th, 8th or 12th house for this Yoga to have its effects. As the name suggests, Yoga bestows the native with riches and materialistic possessions in abundance. People with Lakshmi Yoga in Kundali are also multi-talented and skilful. You can read more about this Yoga and its formation here.
9. Raja YogaBy far the most widely known Yoga in Astrology, Raja Yoga is not formed by one combination of the planets. The associations between Kendra (1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th) and Trine (5th and 9th) Houses in your Kundali form Raja Yoga. There are numbers of combinations and types of Raja Yoga, such as Vipreet Raja Yoga, Neech Bhang Raja Yoga, Kendra Trikon Yoga, and many more. Many of them we will discuss as we go further. Coming back to Raja Yoga, as the name suggests, it makes the natives a ‘King’ in the true sense. This Yoga is believed to bring success, wealth, happiness, and achievements worthy of a King. However, there is more to Raja Yoga than just this. You can get all the detailed insights and understanding of this Yoga here: Raja Yoga – Types and Benefits of Raja Yoga. Vipreet Raja Yoga is when the lord of 6th, 8th, and 12th houses are positioned in one of those three houses themselves. There are also three subtypes. Harsha Yoga or Harsha Vipreet Raj Yoga is formed when the lord of the 6th house is in the 6th, 8th, or 12th houses. Sarala Yoga occurs when the lord of the 8th house is in either one of those houses. Similarly, if the lord of the 12th house is situated in either one of those three houses, Vimala Yoga is considered to be in effect. Vipreet in Sanskrit means ‘opposite’. Natives of this Yoga will first face a lot of adversities before achieving great success in their life. Hence, Raja Yoga, but Vipreet. Neech Bhang Raja Yog is said to be in effect when a planet with a negative or malefic influence is placed in such a way in your Kundali, that the ill-effects are eliminated and the planet itself turns out to be beneficial. In short, the ‘Neech Graha’, which are believed to bring negativity are turned into the good ones, hence ‘Neech Bhang Raja Yog’. This Yoga brings out the best in the natives and inspires them to work with determination towards their goals. Rajya Poojit Raja Yoga is reserved for women only! When the 7th house in a woman’s birth chart is ruled by an auspicious planet, her husband will be the lucky one with all the wealth and the riches! Kendra Trikona Yoga, on the other hand, is formed when the lord of a Kendra and the Lord of a Trikona are in conjunction or into the opposite house of each other. I.e. in the 7th house of each other. This one is considered as one of the best forms of Raja Yoga, for bringing fame, wealth, and prosperity to native’s life.
10. Dhana Yoga
11. MahaBhagya YogaMaha translates to great, and Bhagya translates to fortune. MahaBhagya literally means the provider of a great fortune. It is one of the most auspicious Yoga in Vedic astrology, and also one of the most interesting Yoga in terms of how it is formed. If a male native is born at a time when his Ascendant, the Sun, and the Moon are placed in odd numbers zodiac signs such as Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius; MahaBhagya Yoga is formed. For women, if you are born at a time when your Ascendant, the Sun, and the Moon are in the even signs such as Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, and Pisces; this Yoga is formed. Read More here: MahaBhagya Yoga
12. Akhanda Samrajya Yoga
Some Other Yoga in the Kundali You Should Know About
Here is some lesser-known Yoga in your Kundali that you do not hear about much, but nonetheless they are there to affect your life when formed strongly:
Now that you know of all these benefic Yogas, it is time to divert your attention to some challenging planetary combinations. Now, we don’t want to scare you, but you must have heard of Kaal Sarp Dosha, Bhakut Dosha, and a number of other Dosha that can affect your life in several negative ways. Here are the planetary combinations that are exactly opposite to Yogas in Kundali: Every Major Kundli Dosh & Things You Need to Know About Them
|Yoga in Kundali||How it is Formed||Effects of the Yoga on Native|
|Chamara Yoga||Ascendant lord is exalted in Kendra and has an aspect of Jupiter||Long-lived, eloquent, skilful|
|Shankha Yoga||The lords of 5th and 6th houses in mutual Kendra||Wealthy, humanitarian, successful in marriage, and good children|
|Bheri Yoga||Jupiter, Venus, and the lord of ascendant in Kendra with each other||Good spouse and children, generous, and free of diseases|
|Srinatha Yoga||The lord of 7th house exalted in the 10th house; lord of the 9th house and 10th house in conjunction||Good communication skills, loved by everyone|
|Khadga Yoga||Ascendant lord in the 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 10th house; the lords of 2nd and 9th house in each other’s house||Learned, wealthy, fortunate, intelligent|
|Shiva Yoga||The lord of the 5th house located in the 9th, lord of the 9th in the 10th, and lord of the 10th in the 5th||Wise, conquers, businessmen|
|Indra Yoga||The lord of the 5th house located in the 11th, lord of the 11th in the 5th with the Moon||Courageous, famous, accomplished|
|Ravi Yoga||Sun in the 10th house, lord of the 10th house in the 3rd with Saturn||Learned, passionate, respected|
|Gandharva Yoga||Sun is exalted, Moon in the 9th house; lord of the 10th house in 7th, 11th, or 3rd house; Ascendant lord in exchange with Jupiter||Famous, accomplished artists|
|Kalanidhi Yoga||Jupiter in the 2nd House, in his own sign; Jupiter in conjunction or aspects Mercury or Venus||Glorious, entertaining, cultured|
|SubhKartari Yoga||Auspicious planets in both houses surrounding the Lagna||Healthy, robust, commanding|
Understanding the planets, their positions in our birth charts, their movements and transits have helped us for thousands of years in making our lives better. By knowing which Yoga is affecting your life, you know what are your stronger suits, and which door to knock for success. However, any Yoga is not going to do all the work for you and put you in the centre of a miracle. Take it as a little support from your planets, which will just add to your hard work. Remember, ‘If you want anything done, do it yourself’.
On that note, we wish all of you an ever-lasting Raja Yoga. Adios!
To Get Your Personalised Solutions, Talk To The Best Astrologer Now!