Pay heed to these essential vastu tips before starting the construction and these given construction vastu tips to get all the required vastu guidelines on how to prepare land for construction to build a vastu compliant house.
Bhoomi Pooja or Ritual: Procedure & Benefits
As per the norms of Vastu Shastra, any construction for house, business or industrial should undergo a few rituals like bhoomi pooja that can make the place suitable. Listed below are the different steps in the bhoomi pooja procedure / ritual proceedings:
- After taking the possession over the property, cultivate and grow plants on the land. Before the land is ready for construction and starting bhoomi pooja procedure, make preparations for clearing out the land. Dirt, debris, humus, and all kinds of rubbish should be removed from the land including the up root of thorny plants and bushes.
- Initialise the setting up of the property during the most favourable time under a most fortunate constellation. To ensure accuracy, hire a professional astrologer who can award you proper time to set up the land for construction. And if you are doing bhoomi pooja for construction then Mondays and Thursdays are two very bright days when it comes to bhoomi pooja benefits.
- Stop looking vastu dates for bhoomi pooja and do not start the construction if a female member of your household is more than seven months pregnant.
- The ground-breaking ceremony should be done when the sun is in the northern hemisphere and when days are longer than nights; usually this transpires from June 21 to December 20.
- All the construction work should come to an end right at the sunset. It is inadvisable to continue working during the night. Not only this, qualified engineers are also required to work on the project.
- According to the vaastu shastra, storing of the building materials should be done in the Southwest or Southeast corner of the property under construction. The positioning must be such that it is at least a meter away from the property boundary. Guards should be placed in the southeast corner to ensure danger away from thieves.
- As per Vastu Shastra principles recycling old construction materials to build a new house or building is totally out of concerns. Old materials should be sold if still suitable and the money from the sale should be used to buy new materials.
Vastu for Well or Water Source
As well begun is half-done, building a new house with the initial construction of a well/water source is best prescribed under vastu shastra? According to vastu for the well position, the vibes go good as soon as the well is dug on the North or Northeast side of the property. To locate the most ideal site to dig the well, you should draw a line from the Southeast corner to Northeast corner and mark your well to the right or left of the line; make sure not over it.
Below are the vastu guidelines for the Well:
- To make sure that the water derived from the well is pure, an astrological ritual needs to be performed on time; talking of the correct time- a downward-facing constellation is, the most fortunate time of all.
- Wells on a conventional and practical should be round in shape.
- As per vastu for well, It is located either on the Southeast corner or Northeast corner in a spot where at least 5 hours of sunlight is freshly received.
- Vaastu Advice For Well says that importantly, wells are not advised to serve two properties at a time.
Compound Wall Vastu
The compound walls and gates are two important constructions that should be done even before the actual construction of the house or building goes underway. Favourable constellations also influence them during the actual construction of these walls. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday should be considered as the lucky days of the beginning for the construction. Also, the side to begin with should be southwest.
As per the norms of compound wall vastu, the maximum height of compound wall should not be higher than the house to be built. Uniformity shouldn’t be maintained in the height of these walls; a good recommendation by vastu for boundary main gate is to always have the Southwest part of the wall higher than the rest. Talking precise, the walls on the North and East side should be shorter by 21 inches than the wall on the West and South sides.
However, if this is not possible, the North and East sides should maintain at least a lowered difference of 3 inches than the West and South sides. An ideal vastu tips for compound wall gate would be to install two gates for the compound, so that evil forces that enter one gate will finally make an exit from the other gate. A golden thumb rule and position as per vastu is to avoid South side as entrance.
Vastu for Gate in Compound Wall
There are certain obstructions associated with the entry at the main door. Enlisted below are examples of the same.
- Big Tree – This obstruction can cause detriments to the progress of children
- Gutter or Ditch – This connotes grief and sorrow
- Open Well – This is negative since it equates with mental problem
- Corner of another building – This too concerns mental unrest instability
- Water drain – Income will be drained by unnecessary expenses
- Straight Street Can shorten the lifespan of residents
- broken down house or walls – This has a negative effect on prosperity
- Staircase railings – Often associated with sadness
- Pillars – Electric or telephone posts can affect the well-being of Female members
Main door vastu suggests the existence of a public road to separate obstruction from the property; this will lessen the deficiencies in case it doesn’t completely go void.
Similarly, according to the vastu for home entrance, if the distance between the obstruction and the house results to a difference that is twice the house’s height, the deficiencies will go null and leave no effect.
- If a tree is uprooted due to its negative outcomes, it should be done so in the month of Magh or Bhadrapada. It is necessary to ask for an apology from the tree before cutting it and finally removing it. Also, it should fall in east or north direction. An oath should be taken to replant a tree and the oath should be respected within the next three months.
- Except roses, plants with thorns should be avoided while planting a new sapling, while creepers should always be by the gardens with their own support to prevent them from crawling up the building.