Saturn, commonly known as 'Shani' is the slowest moving planet in space, but has quite strong effects on kundalis. It gives good as well as bad effects according to your job. Its presence is considered auspicious in 2nd, 7th, 3rd, 10th and 11th House, but inauspicious in 4th, 5th and 8th House. It controls life, death, wealth, home, children, results of legal suit, theft, illness related to intestines, etc. It can do wonders if it is favourable, but can be very evil if inauspicious.
In case of benefic Saturn, a person becomes a great scholar with a good command over language. Saturn is capable of turning gold into ashes, but when it is benevolent it gives immense profit. The people whom Saturn favours have high possibilities of engaging into the trade of machinery, furnace, leather, cement, wood, iron, oil, transport, astrology, rubber, etc.
However, if Saturn is malefic, the person has to face struggles in life. He may suffer from diseases related to stomach. There are high chances that he may also lose wealth or fall prey to imprisonment.
Some Effects of Saturn in Different Yogas And Combinations:-
- As Saturn is the Lord of the 8th House, it shall adversely affect any other House, regardless of where it is placed.
- Drinking, gambling, telling lies or indulging into frivolities suppress the positive effects of Saturn.
- If Saturn is placed with Rahu and Ketu, it becomes insignificant.
- If Saturn comes under the aspect of Sun, it brings harm to Venus.
- If Saturn is under the effect of Venus, then the native may experience financial loss. But, on the contrary, if Venus is under the aspect of Saturn, it may prove beneficial.
- If Saturn is debilitated at the time of birth and comes in the debilitated Houses in the annual horoscope, then it causes great loss in 9th, 18th, 27th and 36th year of life.
- The beneficial effects of Saturn normally begin after the 36th year of birth.
- Saturn gives evil impact when it is alone, or placed with Moon or it is placed with Rahu in the 12th House of Horoscope. If there is a friendly planet in 2nd House and Mars, Venus is established. In such a situation, a person may overcome a prolonged illness and live a healthy life.
- Saturn never gives debilitated effects in the Houses of Saturn viz. 2nd,9th,12th, but when it is placed in the 3rd or the 8th House, the person becomes mangalik. It hurts the Moon in the 4th House and causes accident in 8th House.
- Saturn gives very beneficial effects when placed in the 9th House provided there is a friendly planet in the 2nd House.
- A person may have to go for an eye surgery when Saturn and Moon clash with each other.
- When Sun and Venus are in each others' aspect, it indicates loss of wealth and the wife may have to suffer.
Remedies for the adverse effects of Saturn in all the Houses as per Red Book / Lal Kitab:
(a) Abstinence from consuming alcohol and non vegetarian food.
(b) Burying surma in the ground will be beneficial for promotion at work.
(c) Feeding monkey will lead to prosperity.
(d)Offering sweet milk to the roots of a banyan tree will give good results in education and health.
(a) Going barefoot to temple for forty-three days.
(b) Putting a tilak of curd or milk on the forehead
(c) Offering milk to snake.
(a) Feeding three dogs.
(b) Donating medicines for eyes or distributing free medications for eyes.
(c) Keeping a dark room in the house may prove beneficial.
(a) Offering milk to snake and offering milk or rice to crow or buffalo.
(b) Pouring milk in the well.
(c) Pouring rum in running water.
(a) Distributing salty things while celebrating son's birthday.
(b) Offering almonds in the temple and keeping half of it in the house.
(a) Offering food to a black dog.
(b) Putting coconut and almonds in flowing water.
(c) Feeding snakes will prove advantageous for the welfare of children.
(a) Bury a flute filled with sugar in a deserted place.
(b) Feeding a black cow.
(a) Keeping a square piece of silver.
(b) Putting milk in bathing water; sitting on a stone or wooden plank while taking bath.
(a) Putting rice or almonds in flowing water.
(b) Donating gold and kesar for work associated with Jupiter, and donating silver and clothes for work associated with Moon; all these for good results.
(a) Going to temple.
(b) Abstinence from meat, wine and eggs.
(c) Offering food to ten visually-impaired people.
(a) Before going for an important work, place a vessel filled with water on the ground and pour few drops of oil or wine for forty-three days.
(b) Abstinence from consuming alcohol; try maintaining good moral character.
(a) Trying twelve almonds in a black cloth and placing it in an iron pot and keeping it in a dark room will give good results.
Click here to "ask a question
" to our celebrity astrologer.
Talk to an Expert Astrologer for Personalised Guidance.
Other Saturn Specials: