A Solar Eclipse is a natural phenomenon which occurs when a portion of the Earth is engulfed in a shadow cast by the Moon which fully or partially blocks sunlight. Solar eclipses are only visible from within the area on Earth where the Moon's shadow falls, and the closer you are to the center of the shadow's path, the bigger the eclipse looks.
The phenomenon of the Eclipse is known as Grahan in the Sanskrit Language, and it is not only an astronomical occurrence but something beyond the realm of astronomy.
The Annular Solar Eclipse of 21 June 2020 will begin at 9:15 am (IST). The full eclipse will start from 10:17 am with the maximum eclipse occurring at 12:10 pm. The full eclipse will be visible until 2:02 pm. It will end by 03:04 pm. This year it coincides with the Summer Solstice.
Effects Of Solar Eclipse
Astrologically, a Solar Eclipse can be beneficial for some while for some it may bring adverse effects. Here are some of them:
- Few eclipses can bring in life-changing happy moments for some individuals like marriage, child-birth, a promotion, a new job, or sudden progress in life. While some may experience the worst phase of life like the sudden death of a loved one, separation, onset of critical illness, surgery, accident, etc.
- When it comes to pregnancy, the expectant mother is advised to follow stringent guidelines for her and her baby’s health as it is believed that gazing the sky during an eclipse can cause miscarriage or bring deformities in the fetus.
- It is advisable to use glasses while viewing a Solar Eclipse as the sun’s strong rays may cause permanent damage to the retina of the eye resulting in total or partial blindness.
- It is commonly believed that once the eclipse gets over, people should bathe if possible, in sacred rivers to get over the negativity or toxins extracted through the eclipse.
- Many cultures still see eclipses as a bad omen. For instance, in India, many believe discard food cooked during an eclipse as it is said to turn poisonous.
- Fasting not only has religious significance but also a spiritual connection with Solar Eclipse. It is believed that an eclipse can wreak havoc on the digestive system therefore, people choose to avoid meals and practice fasting during a total solar eclipse.
- The solar eclipse is a rare phenomenon that has some psychological effects on humans. There are reports of increased agitation, unusual dreams, sudden bursts of creativity, and even relationship difficulties during a solar eclipse. As it negatively affects the moods of a person, the phase is considered to be inauspicious to make big decisions.
Types Of Solar Eclipse
Eclipses are astronomical events where a celestial body partially or totally covers another celestial object. There are four major types of Solar Eclipse.
- Partial Eclipse - Partial eclipse happens when the Moon comes between the Sun and Earth, but the Moon only partially covers the Sun’s disk.
- Annular Eclipse - Annular Solar eclipse happens when the Moon covers the Sun’s center leaving the Sun’s visible outer edges to form a ‘ ring of fire’ or annulus around the Moon.
- Total Eclipse - Total solar eclipse occurs when the New Moon comes between the Sun and the Earth and casts the darkest part of its shadow, the Umbra, on Earth. A full solar eclipse known as totality is almost as dark as night.
- Hybrid Eclipse - Hybrid eclipse is a rare type of solar eclipse that changes its appearance as the Moon’s shadow moves across the Earth’s surface.
It might fascinate you how the eclipses are seen across the World. Read about it here.
Effects Of Solar Eclipse On Zodiac Signs
This eclipse will occur in the Cancer sign as per Tropical (Geo-Centric method) Astrology. Let’s understand the weekly impact of this Solar Eclipse for all 12 Sun Signs and Ask A Question to our expert astrologers for further guidance.
- Aries ( Mesh) - Solar eclipse affecting the fourth house of Aries may make them remain more attentive to domestic affairs. Professionals may undergo a strenuous period as they struggle hard to maintain their positions at work. No major gains are envisaged during the period. Health may raise an alarm as past illnesses may start causing discomfort. Remedy - You can read Harivansh Puran to get fruitful results.
- Taurus ( Vrishabh) -The eclipse will take place in the third house for Taurus. The third house stands for courage, communication, and siblings. Keeping these aspects in mind, Taurus natives may need to refrain from speculation or risks to push their prospects. The communication chain with seniors should not be disconnected. Siblings may need to be taken care of. However, the effects of the solar eclipse may not have much negative impact on Taurus. Remedy: You can do charity in Gaushala. Also, chant the Lakshmi mantra 'Om Lakshmyai Namah' to get divine protection.
- Gemini ( Mithuna) - The eclipse will be taking place in the second house for Gemini. The second house is indicative of finance and family. This shows that finance may be a major concern during this phase. Family expenses may arise and you may need to keep a check on your unwarranted expenses. You may need to visit an eye specialist as some eye issues may cause discomfort. Remedy: You can worship Lord Vishnu to get fruitful results.
- Cancer ( Karka) - As the Solar eclipse will take place in your own Sun Sign some health issues may arise for Cancer natives. Some lung-related issues may crop making it necessary for you to see a physician. On the financial front, expenses may soar and you may need to make suitable arrangements to meet contingency needs. Remedy: You can worship Lord Shiva and chant Shiva mantra to get fruitful results.
- Leo ( Simha) - The twelfth house signifies loss of money, sudden major expenses shooting, and lack of work recognition. As the Solar eclipse will occur in the twelfth house for Leo natives they may face a major financial crunch. Furthermore, loss of money may lead to health issues and so it is advisable for them to take special care of their health and on the slightest of discomfort, consult a physician to avoid future complications. Remedy: You should recite Gayatri Mantra to get protection against eclipse.
- Virgo ( Kanya) - With the occurrence of the Solar eclipse in the eleventh house of Virgo natives, excessive monetary gains may make them financially stable. Cash- inflows may fulfill all their long term desires. To add to this, personal relationships may go through a blissful and harmonious time. Remedy: You should read “Shrimad Bhagwat Katha” to fulfill your desires.
- Libra ( Tula) - For Libra, the solar eclipse will occur in the tenth house which governs occupation, profession, and fame. As an after effect, Libra may face some challenging moments on the occupational front. Those in business may need to re-assess their work strategy to get satisfactory results. They may need to get more cautious while interacting with new customers. It is advisable for them to check the credentials of the prospective customers before lending them credit. Office-going professionals may face stressful hours at work as they may be nagged by superiors for better work quality and productivity. Remedy: You should read “Shrimad Bhagwad Geeta” for eternal protection.
- Scorpio ( Vrishchik) - The solar eclipse will take place in the ninth house for Scorpio. And if no major planet is positioned in this house, they may need to exert more efforts to push their prospects in general. However, precautionary steps may need to be taken to avoid unnecessary risks for the same. Health may shine but those suffering from respiratory ailments may need to get more precarious and consult a physician in case of slightest discomfort. Remedy: You should ideally read Ganesh Puran.
- Sagittarius ( Dhanu) - As the eclipse takes place in the eighth house for Sagittarius, health concerns may see a rise. Therefore, it should become necessary for them to refrain from roadside or junk food as they may grow susceptible to viral infections. Finance and domestic issues may grow vulnerable and to avoid any discord that may ruin the harmony in the family, you may need to sort out matters tactfully and patiently. The time may not deem appropriate for new investments. Those ailing from past respiratory disorders may need to have regular health checks to avoid future complications. Remedy: You should read “Devi Mahatmya” to get divine blessings.
- Capricorn ( Makar) - The eclipse will take place in the opposite house of your Sun Sign. Hence, Ganesha feels, it may turn out to be promising for Capricorn. Past constraints may not be a reason for worry. On the professional front things may positively change as you may be showered with an appreciation for past endeavors from seniors who may entrust you with new assignments. Despite favorable conditions health may suffer as past ailments may crop. Remedy: You should recite “Hanuman Chalisa” to fulfill your desires.
- Aquarius ( Kumbh) - The sixth house of Aquarius native will get affected by the eclipse. This can be a major breakthrough for them as they may successfully come out of a stuck situation. This may increase chances for the betterment and may make things work favorably for them. However, patience is the key to success- and it should be their motto for the time being as ground reality should be judged before they make further moves. Remedy: You should recite “Hanuman Chalisa” to fulfill your desires.
- Pisces ( Meen) - The occurrence of the Solar eclipse in the fifth house for Pisces may bring some differences in their relationships. Thus, it should be necessary for them to handle the fragile situation with care without disrupting the harmony of the relationship. Financial stability may make it easy for you to strike the balance between your routine and incidental expenditure. However, no major monetary gains are indicated.
Solar Eclipse Horoscope
Solar eclipse could bring a bold beginning as human beings have a finite focus to concentrate on what lies before them. Major growth can happen during the cosmic power outrages. Eclipses are agents of change and greatly influence the human race. They can break a horoscope pattern and shift dynamics. The North and South nodes in a horoscope determined by where the eclipses happen. Thus, an astrological chart connects one’s past life, karmic path, and soul missions from a mystical perspective!
It is necessary to have a strong understanding of the celestial influence of stars in a fast-paced life unfolding itself from time to time! Turn to our expert astrologers for assistance through calls and emails and get Your Personalized Solutions Now!
With Ganesha’s Grace,
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team