Leander Paes is hoping that there will be not be a repeat of a selection fiasco ahead of the Rio Olympics and feels he deserves to be paired with Rohan Bopanna and Sania Mirza for the men's and mixed doubles events. Recalling the drama ahead of 2012 London Olympics when Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi refused to pair with him, Paes said dirty politics was played at that time and it should not happen this time again. Leander is an Indian professional tennis player who is considered to be one of the best doubles and mixed doubles players in the world.
He has won eight doubles and nine mixed doubles Grand Slam titles, and is the oldest man to have won a Grand Slam title. He holds a career Grand Slam in men's doubles, achieved the rare men's doubles/mixed doubles double at the 1999 Wimbledon tournament. His mixed doubles Wimbledon title in 2010 made him the second man (after Rod Laver) to win Wimbledon titles in three decades. However, after an astrological analysis, Ganesha feels the stars will not favor him during the Rio Olympics later this year.
Date of Birth: 17th June, 1973
Birth Time: Not Known
Place of Birth: Panjim, Goa, India
[Owing to the unavailability of credible birth-time of the celebrity, the analysis and predictions have been done on the basis of the Solar Chart/ Surya Kundli with the help of his birth-date and birth-place only.]
Important Astrological Observation:
- Transiting Jupiter will be aspecting his Natal Rahu in Sagittarius in his Solar chart, till 11th August 2016.
- Transiting Saturn will be aspecting his Natal Jupiter in Capricorn, till the Olympics get over.
- Ketu will be transiting over his Natal Mars, till 30th January, 2016.
1) Will Leander get a chance to represent India at the Rio Olympics?
- Ganesha notes that Leander Paes is not leading very favorable period for his career currently. There seems to be only remote chances of getting selected for the 2016 Rio Olympics schedule to be held in August, 2016. There are moderate chances of his getting selected to represent the country, provided the selection process takes place post 30th January, 2016.
2) Does Leander still have it in him to win an Olympic medal for his country?
- Ganesha finds that Leander Paes may not be in good form to show his taltent on the tennis court during the Olympic Games, if at all he is selected to play at Rio. The transiting planets, some how may not be beneficiery to him to win the tournament/match.
Ganesha wishes good luck to Leander Paes for 2016 Rio Olympics selection and success in the game.
With Ganesha's Grace,
Rantidev A. Upadhyay
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team