The ninth day of Navratri is the last day of Navratri Puja. This day is dedicated to Maa Siddhidatri who is the ninth incarnation of goddess Durga.
Each day of Navratri is important for devotees, but the ninth day has special significance because this is the final day to conclude Navratri pooja. This day is also called as Maha Navami.
Significance of Goddess Sri Siddhidatri
Siddhidatri Maa sits on a lotus flower while her procession is a lion. She dresses in red clothes and has four hands. In her lower left hand, she holds a lotus flower while a Shankha is in the upper left hand. She has the Chakra in the upper right hand while a bludgeon (Gada) is in the lower right hand.
The meaning of Siddhidatri is - “Siddhi” means Perfection while “Datri” means “the one who gives” that’s why she is recognized as Mata Siddhidatri.
She offers all type of Siddhis (Perfection) to the devotees, so she is known as Siddhidatri Maa. Another name of Maa Siddhidatri is Goddess Lakshmi who represents the wealth, happiness and success.
By worshipping with full devotion and pure heart, devotees can achieve all these Siddhis as the blessings of Maa Siddhidatri. Indeed, gods can help us. And so can Astrology. To get all the good and remove all the bad, buy Meru Prushth Shree Yantra - Golden Plated.
The Main Legend | Story of Sri Siddhidatri
According to Hindu mythology, legend says that Lord Shiva worshipped Goddess Maha Shakti to get all the Siddhis as blessings. With the gratitude of Goddess Siddhidatri, Lord Shiva attains the half body of Goddess Shakti that is why Lord Shiva is also known as “Ardhanarishvara”.
Navratri 9th day pooja rituals:
1. Since this is the last day of Navratri puja, this day, is celebrated with the great fun fare.
2. The day would see nine flowers, nine different types of Fruits, nine different types of dry fruits are also offered.
3. At the onset, the first thing that is done during the day is to offer Kalash Puja. This would ward off all the negativities of the day.
4. Then the below mantra is chanted during the Kalash Pooja. In fact, the above mantra is chanted nine times in certain parts of the country.
5. Then the Nine Kanya girls, usually below the age of ten is ideal, are invited, and they are given food and dress material. This is a symbol of worshipping the goddess in Kanya Form.
6. Finally, Maa Siddhidatri aarti is done, and these Kanya Girls are taken to conclude the celebration.
7. On the ninth day of Navratri, Ramleela functions are also finished while on the tenth day, Dussehra is commemorated across the world. Life can become a celebration and commemoration if you buy Shree Yantra Golden Plated.
9th day of Navratri 2019 | Important dates and timings:
Navratri 9th day puja date: October 07, 2019
Navami Tithi Begins - 10:54 AM on Oct 06, 2019
Navami Tithi Ends - 12:38 PM on Oct 07, 2019
Recite the below-mentioned Mantras to get the blessing from the almighty Goddess Siddhidatri.
“Om Devi Siddhidatryai Namah”
या देवी सर्वभूतेषु माँ सिद्धिदात्री रूपेण संस्थिता ।
नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नमः ॥
Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu Maa Siddhidatri Rupena Samsthita।
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah॥
Maa Siddhidatri rules over the planet Ketu. She is the governess of the minds of people and motivates them towards a disciplined and spiritual life. Mata Siddhidatri eliminates all the ignorance, fear & sufferings from the life of the devotees, provides knowledge and fulfils all their desires.
To Get Your Personalized Solutions, Talk To An Astrologer Now!
With Ganesha’s Grace,
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team