The past and Future of Infosys
Infosys Technologies Ltd. was started in 1981 by seven people with an initial capital of US$250 only. The seven founder members of Infosys are N. R. Narayana Murthy, Nandan Nilekani, N. S. Raghavan, Kris Gopalakrishnan, S. D. Shibulal, K. Dinesh and Ashok Arora. Murthy started the company by borrowing Rs 10,000 from his wife, Sudha Murthy. Infosys is a NASDAQ listed global consulting and IT services company with more than 90,000 employees. Infosys has a global footprint with over 40 offices and nine development centers in India. The company was incorporated as Infosys Consultants Pvt Ltd. on July 2,1981. The company became public limited on June 1992.
Share Holding Pattern:
Foreign Holdings – 55.48
Govt./Financial Institutions – 7.13
Corporate Bodies – 2.86
(not covered above)
Directors and their Relatives – 16.52
Other including Indian Public – 17.52
In the sun chart of Infosys, there is Gemini rising Ascendant with conjunction of Sun-Moon and self owned Mercury in the first house. Due to the strong deposition of Ascendant Lord in this chart, the company got a good beginning and susequently achieved fame, prestige and public acceptance, feels Ganesha.
The following are the milestones that are analyzed astrologically by Ganesha:
- Jupiter is considered as the Lord of profession in the chart of Infosys. It is posited in the fourth house and having conjunction with Bhagyesh (the Lord of the ninth house).The company was passing through the Mahadasha period of Jupiter-Jupiter during 1983. Due to this Mahadasha phase, the company relocated its headquarters to Bangalore. The change of place during this period changed the fortune of the company.
- Ganesha observed the Mahadasha period of Jupiter-Mercury between February 14, 1986 to May 22,1988. Mercury is the Lord of Ascendant and also the Lord of the fourth house which is posited in the first house. So, the company was successful in expanding its operations and opened its first international sales office in Boston.
- Company was passing through the Mahadasha period of Jupiter-Moon between October 15, 1992 to February 14, 1994. Moon and Venus were in conjunction in the second house during this period. Moon is the Lord of the wealth house whereas Venus is the Lord of the fifth house and fifth house is considered as the house of the stock market and speculative earnings in Corporate astrology, says Ganesha. So, Infosys became a public limited company and one of the most successful IPOs in India
- The Company was under the influence of Saturn-Venus Mahadasha phase from April 06, 2004 to June 07, 2007. As stated above, Venus is the Lord of the fifth house as well as the Lord of the twelfth house. So, Infosys became the first Indian company to be listed on NASDAQ.
- Rahu was passing through the tenth house of the company’s natal chart on August 20,2006. On the opposite side, Ketu was passing over natal Saturn and Jupiter from the fourth house. Some miraculous planetary positions and transit in Navamansha chart were happening during this period. Jupiter was in Pisces Navamansha, Mars was in Scorpio Navamansha, Sun was in Aries Navamansha and Saturn was in Capricorn Navamansha. The transiting Moon’s constellation was Punarvasu Pada-1. Jupiter is the Lord of the tenth house and also the Lord of the constellation in the Company’s natal chart, says Ganesha. The transit of Rahu from the tenth house assumes great importance particularly in respect of the head of the organization. So, Mr N. R. Narayana Murthy retired from his position of the executive chairman. Even then the entire decisions taken by Board of Directors during this period came positive.
- On April 13, 2007, Kris Gopalakrishnan accepted his chair as C.E.O because Jupiter was transiting from the sixth house. This house symbolizes the position of staff and employees.
- On July 25, 2007, Infosys bagged a multi-million dollar contract for outsourcing due to the Mahadasha of Saturn-Sun-Mars. Mars was transiting from Aries in the eleventh house. Mars, being the Lord of the sixth house is posited in the eleventh house which is considered to be the house of gains.
From December 10, 2008 to April 30, 2009, Jupiter will be transiting from the eighth house of the company. The financial stability of the company will receive reverses and it’s relations with the economical and corporate institutions may get strained. In short, the company may not enjoy favourable time. Rahu will also be there in the eight house. So, Ganesha advises the company to be cautious during this phase.
For Short Term Period – Strongly recommended to Sell
For Mid Term Period – Hold
For Long Term Period – Hold
During the 14-year period from 1993 to 2007 the issue price of the stocks of Infosys has increased manifold. This excludes the dividends that the company paid out during this period. Infosys will continue to ensure growth and success and add more value to its customers and investors at large, portends Ganesha.
With Ganesha’s Grace,