Sita Navami, also popular as Sita Jayanti or Janaki Navami, is celebrated as the appearance day or the birthday of Goddess Sita, the incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi and the life partner of Lord Rama. Goddess Sita appeared on the earth and she was discovered by King Janaki who rescued Her and looked after like a child. Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti is observed on the Shukla Paksha, the waxing phase of moon and Navami, 9th day in the lunar month of Vaishaka according to the Hindu calendar. Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti is popular amongst married women who keep fast on this day for the long life of their husband. This year Sita Navami falls on May 13, 2019.
Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti is celebrated as a grand festival and with huge excitement and devotion in Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Rama in Uttar Pradesh, Bhadrachalam in Andhra Pradesh, Sita Samahit Sthal in Bihar and Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu. Sita Darshan, Aarti, and Maha-Abhishek remain the significant Sita Navami rituals to welcome the positive aura of Goddess Sita on the earth. Devotees take part in a big procession in the praise of Goddess Sita, Lord Rama, Lord Hanuman and Lakshmana and read the Great Epic of Ramayana by sitting in groups at the Lord Rama temples. Bhajan, Kirtan, and Aarti are some of the important attractions of Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti.
Astrological Significance Of Sita Navami 2019 Or Sita Jayanti 2019:
It is believed that Goddess Sita was born under Pushya Nakshatra. Interestingly, Lord Rama too was born on the same auspicious period in the Hindu month of Chaitra. It is believed that Goddess Sita was born in Pushya Nakshatra on Tuesday, whereas Lord Rama was born on Navami Tithi. Goddess Sita also got married to Lord Rama during Shukla Paksha of Chaitra month. Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti comes exactly after one month of Rama Navami according to Hindu calendar.
Pushya Nakshatra born People’s Personality:
If Pushya happens to be your birth star or Nakshatra, you are governed by the planet Jupiter, the God of divine knowledge. Sustenance is the nature associated with a person born under Pushya Nakshatra. Since Goddess Sita was born on the earth, she was down-to-earth, humble, sincere and remained dedicated to Lord Rama.
Men Born Under Pushya Nakshatra:
You are self-centred. You think what others think about you. You don’t think pros and cons before starting any work. You even don’t know about your skill, strength, and abilities. However, you love to continue until you succeed.
Women Born Under Pushya Nakshatra:
You are a soft, sweet, and a devotional person. You must remain attentive to your health as you tend to suffer from breast cancer, lungs, and stomach.
So, if you are born on Pushya Nakshatra and a newly married Hindu woman, you are lucky. However, to enhance your fortune, you should pray to Goddess Sita and perform Sita Navami rituals for long life and success of your husband, says Ganesha.
Sita Navami 2019 Astrological Signs:
Sita Navami 2019 Sun Sign: Taurus
Sita Navami 2019 Moon Sign: Leo￼￼￼
If you welcome your son or daughter on this auspicious Sita Navami 2019, he or she will be reserved, attractive and courageous. The boy will be hard working, wealthy, and have a happy married life. The girl will be beautiful, religious, and follow a luxurious lifestyle.
Sita Navami Rituals Or Sita Jayanti Rituals:
- On Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti, married women have to worship Goddess Sita along with Lord Rama and Lakshmana.
- It’s one of the important Sita Navami rituals to set up a small puja mandap with four pillars and decorate with bright flowers.
- Place the idols of Lord Rama, Goddess Sita along with Lakshman, Lord Hanuman and King Janaka in the mandap.
- You have to pray to Mother Earth too since Goddess Sita emerged from a ploughed land.
- Now, worship Goddess Sita and Lord Rama together so as to welcome happiness, peace, and prosperity in married life. Sita Navami rituals include offering sesame seeds, rice, barley, and fruits to the idol.
- Then, perform Aarti during the auspicious Sita Navami rituals.
- Prepare Sita Navami special bhog as Prasad as a part of the important Sita Navami rituals.
- If you are a married woman, you have to observe a strict Sita Navami fast for the long life of your husband. It is believed that performing the Sita Navami fast will make you a good daughter, an honest wife and daughter-in-law and a virtuous mother.
- It would be great if you can perform rituals like Sringar Darshan, Maha Abhishekam and Aarti at the Lord Rama temple on Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti.
- Recite Ramayana.
- Sing a devotional song.
- As a beloved wife of your husband, you should chant “Jay Siya Ram” in the commemoration of Goddess Sita who was the devoted wife of Lord Rama.
- Read the stories of Goddess Sita on the auspicious day of Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti.
- Donate barley, rice or jaggery to the poor or feed some cows.
- According to Sita Navami rituals, you should also break the Sita Navami fast on time by having the prasad.
Benefits of Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti:
- If you observe Sita Navami rituals with devotion, it is believed that you will bring health, wealth, and happiness. As a married woman, you will attract qualities like sacrifice, modesty, motherhood and dedication.
The Mantra Of Sita Navami Or Sita Jayanti:
It’s one of the important Sita Navami rituals to chant the auspicious mantra on Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti at least for 108 times: 'Om Shri Sitaye Namah'
Strotras Of Sita Navami Or Sita Jayanti:
Chant the following strotras of Goddess Sita on Sita Navami or Sita Jayanti.
Arvaci subhage bhava sitey vandamahey twa
Yatha nah subhagasasi yathah nah suphalasasi
The Meaning Of Sita Navami Or Sita Jayanti Strotra:
Oh, dear Mother! We request you to appear in front of us! We bow down to you and welcome you. O Supreme Goddess endowed with supreme fortune and aura! Please be kind to us so that You be generous to us and eventually be the harbinger of auspicious results for us!
With Ganesha's Grace,
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team
To Get Your Personalised Solutions! Talk To Astrologer Now.