Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the unsung hero of tennis, defeated four much-sung heroes of tennis – the top-ranked Novak Djokovic, No. 9 Andy Murray, No. 8 Grigor Dimitrov and No. 3 Roger Federer – to stunningly win perhaps his greatest victory in the game, and in the process became the first Frenchman to win the Rogers Cup in the Open Era, which concluded in Toronto recently. What makes the victory even more sweet is that he entered the Roger's Cup this time not having defeated a top-10 player all season. Tsonga is ranked World No. 10. His career-high singles ranking is World No. 5, which he achieved in February 2012. He came into the limelight in 2008 when he reached the final of the Australian Open as an unseeded player. His best performances in a major tournament since 2008 are semifinal appearances in the 2010 Australian Open, the 2013 French Open and at Wimbledon in 2011 and 2012. He also reached the final of the 2011 ATP World Tour Finals, where he lost to five-time and defending champion Roger Federer.
Ganesha, with the help of Vedic astrology, tries to find out what the future holds for him.
17th April 1985
Le Mans, France
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga's Horoscope
- Jo is born with a Capricorn Ascendant. Jupiter is, however, debilitated in his Birth Chart.
- Mercury, Venus and Saturn are retrograde in his Birth Chart.
- Venus is exalted, plus it creates the Neech Bhang Raaj Yoga, as Venus is the 10th House Lord and it is placed with the debilitated Mercury, which is the 9th House's Lord.
- The Sun is exalted and Mars is Swagruhi. Angaarak Yog exists in Tsonga's Chart.
- Mars is the Aatmakaraka planet in Jo's Chart.
The Natal Promise
- Ganesha finds Tsonga's chart to be very powerful, because of the planetary positions explained above. However, there are all the chances of his falling from the Grace, due to Ketu's ill placement in the 10th House.
- Another reason that Tsonga might fall from the Grace in the future is because although his Sun is exalted, it is weakly disposed in the 4th House.
- Mars as the Aatmakaraka planet in his Chart is the only saving grace for Tsonga, because it is the powerful most planet in his Chart, as per the Shad Bala calculations.
- In short, Jo Wilfried Tsonga does have powerful planetary combinations in his Birth Chart, they are all not very positive. Thus, he may not be able to maintain his position at the very top for a long time. His performance will keep fluctuating, feels Ganesha.
Timing of Events
- Jo has been currently performing well, because he is under the influence of the Mercury major period and the sub period of Venus. Of course, the Saturn sub sub period makes him work harder at the tennis court, but his hard work is getting duly rewarded too. The point in case is his recent victory at Rogers Cup 2014. The Dasha Sequence on the day of his Roger's Cup victory was Mercury-Venus-Saturn-Rahu-Saturn. Rahu is in the Bharani constellation ruled by Venus, and Venus is exalted in Tsonga's Chart. So, even Rahu has worked in his favour, during Roger's Cup 2014 tournament.
- Saturn is Tsonga's Ascendant Lord. It was transiting through Libra in his 10th House with Mars, when he won the Rogers Cup, and the Moon was transiting through his Ascendant.
- Ganesha feels that overall Tsonga will perform well till February 2015, after which there will be a slight decline either in his performance or the number of victories, as his Ketu sub sub period starts from 10th February 2015 and rules till 12th April 2015. Again after that he will be able to perform well till 16th February 2016, because his Sun sub period will be ruling at that point in time.
- Ganesha notes that Tsonga is born with a Mangal Dosha. As he has already crossed the age of 29, the effect of the Mangal Dosha must have toned down.
- Jupiter's transit through the 7th house of Marriage remains favourable for Tsonga till July 2015.
- Born with a retrograde and exalted Venus, which is his 5th house Lord, Jo is likely to go for love marriage. However, he would be slightly unconventional in his approach towards his love life/married life, due to the retrograde Venus.
- He will surely marry the person of his liking however, some disappointment or delay is also envisaged, as far as his love life is concerned.
- The retrograde Venus in his Chart with retrograde Mercury (Venus = love, Mercury = communication) indicates that Jo will prefer to remain silent regarding his relationship and will not wish to talk about it. We can call him secretive. He has been dating Charlotte Deon.
In short, astrological readings indicate that Jo Wilfried Tsonga is a potent tennis player and is yet to win more titles. However, he will continue to see high and low phases in his career.
Name of the Contributor
The GaneshaSpeaks Team