The 24 Tirthankaras Of Jainism, Gain Huge Inner Strength And Positivity
Published on March 24, 2018
(Image Source: Internet)
Jainism is one of the oldest existing religions in the world, with some scholars tracing its origin to the pre-Vedic, Indus Valley Civilisation. Going by this view, Jainism’s birth is stated by some to preceed even Hinduism, making it world’s most antique religion. Followers of Jainism may be numerically small today, but they exert an influence which is far greater than their population.
Are you planning to change your job? Have you thought whether it is the right decision or not? Put an end to all your doubts by seeking Expert guidance.
Who Is A Tirthankar?
Jainism is about simple living and non-violence (Ahimsa). Jainism is a way of life based on the teachings of 24 Tirthankaras, of whom Lord Mahavira was the last and most prominent The word Tirthankara signifies the founder of a tirtha which means a fordable passage across the sea of interminable births and deaths (called saṃsāra). Tirthankaras are variously called “Teaching Gods”, “Ford-Makers”, “Crossing Makers” and “Makers of the River-Crossing.
Are you feeling dissatisfied with your career? Get accurate guidance from our Experts to make big, positive changes happen.
The Names And Details Of 24 Tirthankaras
The 24 Tirthankaras have taken birth over last several thousands of years and taught the law of Dharma (Righteousness). It is interesting that each of these Tirthankaras represent a symbol. So, here find the names, birthplace, symbols, etc of each of the 24 Tirthankaras:
The 24 Tirthankaras With Their Details:
|1||Rishabhanatha (Adinatha)||Bull||Ayodhya||Golden||84,00,000 Purva|
|4||Abhinandananatha||Monkey||Samet Sikhar||Golden||50,00,000 Purva|
|6||Padmaprabha||Padma||Samet Sikhar||Red||30,00,000 Purva|
|7||Suparshvanatha||Swastika||Samet Sikhar||Golden||20,00,000 Purva|
|8||Chandraprabha||Crescent Moon||Chandrapuri||White||10,00,000 Purva|
|11||Shreyanasanatha||Rhinoceros||Samet Sikhar||Golden||84,00,000 Years|
|16||Shantinatha||Antelope or deer||Hastinapur||Golden||1,00,000 Years|
|18||Aranatha||Nandyavarta or fish||Hastinapur||Golden||84,000 Years|
|21||Naminatha||Blue lotus||Mithila||Golden||10,000 Years|
Future 24 Tirthankaras Names
Below are the names of the future 24 Tirthankaras who are going to apear in the next time cycle as per Jain Cosmology.
1) Padmanabha (King Shrenika)
2) Surdev (Mahavira’s uncle Suparshva)
3) Suparshva (King Kaunik’s son king Udayin)
4) Svamprabh (The ascetic Pottil)
5) Sarvanubhuti (Śrāvaka Dridhayadha)
6) Devshruti (Kartik’s Shreshti)
7) (Shravak Shamkha)
8) Pedhalputra (Shravak Ananda)
9) Pottil (Shravak Sunand)
10) (Sharavak Shatak)
11) Munivrat (Krishna’s mother Devaki)
12) Amam (Krishna)
13) Shrinishkashay (Satyaki Rudhra also Satyaki of Mahabharata)
14) Nishpulak (Krishna’s brother Balbhadra also known as Balrama)
15) Nirmam (Shravika Sulsa)
16) Chitragupta (Krishna’s brother’s mother Rohini Devi)
17) Samadhinath (Revati Gathapatni)
18) Samvarnath (Sharavak Shattilak)
19) Yashodhar (Rishi Dwipayan)
20) Vijay (Karna of Mahabharata)
21) Malyadev (Nirgranthaputra or Mallanarada)
22) Devachandra (Shravak Ambadh)
23) Anantvirya (Shravak Amar)
24) Shribhadrakar (Shanak)
With Ganesha’s Grace,
The GaneshaSpeaks Team
To Get Your Personalised Solutions! Talk To Astrologer Now.