11 years after construction was started in early 2002 on the Kudankulam nuclear power project in the Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu – and after braving many paralysing protests -- it's unit 1 began producing power in the early hours of October 22, 2013, and it was synchronised with the southern power grid. It was a momentous day for the ambitious power project, set up with the help of Russia, when it generated 160 MW, raising optimism that the load-shedding days in southern India were over. The project is expected to start generating 300 MW power in the next few days. The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) is setting up two 1,000 MW Russian reactors at Kudankulam costing about Rs.17,000 crore.
With the help of Vedic astrology, Ganesha predicts that the plant will function smoothly to become a steady source of power for the southern states, and that it will not be a threat to people living nearby.
Kudankulam nuclear power plant
Construction start day chart
31st March 2002
Kundakulam, TN, India
Astrological highlights related to the subject
- Mercury and Sun – the source of power are conjunct in Surya Kundli
- Mars is Swagruhi, placed with Venus
- Moon is in Libra – Swati Constellation
- Saturn is in Venus' sign and Venus is in Saturn's sign of debilitation so Saturn is getting debilitated by exchange (Anyo Anya Neecha)
- Nuclear energies are ruled by Uranus, Pluto and Aquarius. In this chart, Uranus is in Aquarius. Pluto and Ketu are degreecally very close in Scorpio.
- Modern Rulership Rules of astrology state that Uranus rules Aquarius and Pluto rules Scorpio. So in this chart, both Uranus and Pluto are Swagruhi.
Natal potential of the project
- The chart clearly indicates that this power plant is a very ambitious project because there are three Swagruhi planets – Mars, Pluto and Uranus.
- The project has become functional during 'Jupiter Return phase' (Currently transiting Jupiter is in Gemini and Jupiter was in Gemini when construction began)
- Mercury is debilitated thus weak in this chart so misgivings and misconceptions regarding the project are most likely.
- Delay in this project is most likely considering current transit of Saturn and Rahu over Moon in this chart. It is to be noted that on the day on which construction started, Moon was in Ardra Constellation and currently Saturn and Rahu both are transiting through Ardra Constellation.
- In view of the same, even for the government, this is likely to be 'going against the flow' type of scene.
Chances of mishaps?
- Between 2nd March and 19th May 2014, this project is again going to be surrounded by controversy.
- During the same period, they may face some technical problems at the power plant, feels Ganesha.
- Nevertheless, it does not have any major threat to the people living in that state. Errors or minor problems – every project would encounter but that shouldn't be counted as failure of the project itself.
- Briefly, Ganesha would like to state that - started with strong Natal promise as indicated above, this project will continue giving power to desired states.
The GaneshaSpeaks Team