Ganesha explains the Shrapit Yoga and ways to minimise its impact
Shrapit Yoga is also called Shrapit Dosha. The word Shrapit literally means somebody who is cursed. It is said that Shrapit Yoga is formed when Saturn and Rahu are placed together in a single House of a horoscope. Some astrologers are of the opinion that Saturn’s aspect on Rahu also results in Shrapit Yoga. It is believed that the combination results from bad karmas (deeds or actions) of past lives. Moreover, astrologers also say that if Shrapit Yoga is
present in a particular horoscope, it nullifies the effects of the good yogas present in the same horoscope.
zodiac sign of saturn
Saturn is the owner of two signs of the zodiac – the 10th sign Capricorn, and the 11th sign Aquarius. Capricorn represents karma and Aquarius denotes labha or gains. The position of Saturn in any horoscope is decisive, and it is prudent to properly assess the disposition and strength of Saturn before making any predictions. Saturn is a deterministic planet and acts for good or bad without any restraint.
Saturn will be transiting through the Tula rashi, or Libra, from 14th November, 2011, to 2nd November, 2014, and Rahu will be transiting through Tula Rashi, or Libra, from 23rd December, 2012, to 7th December, 2014. Therefore Saturn and Rahu will be together in Libra from 23rd December, 2012, to 2nd
November, 2014, resulting in the prevalence of Shrapit Yoga during the period.
Effects of Cursed or Cursed Dosha
When Shrapit Yoga is present, some of the results that are observed
- The incidence of divorce cases increases
- Ending up as a widow or widower, despite the fact that the couple’s horoscopes were matched
- Children fall sick repeatedly
- The couple has problems in conceiving a child
- Repeated miscarriages
- Frequent quarrels among family members, things to keep in mindwithout any specific reason
- Obstructions in the person’s educational and career growth
Remedies for cursed or cursed defects
However, like there are cures for most diseases, there are remedial measures that can be taken to minimise the effects of Shrapit Yoga. Chief among them are:
- Every Saturday, make balls of cooked rice and ghee. Feed these rice balls to crows and fish.
- Render unconditional service to parents, aged and needy people, sweepers, and poor people.
- Make an effort not to get angry, and avoid quarrels.
- Worshipping Lord Vishnu, especially in the form of Sri Ram is also advised for Pitru Dosha Nivaran.
- Perform Kanya Daan (perform the marriage of a daughter).
- Perform Rudrabhishek (Rudra Abhishek) in the name of ancestors.
- Chant Hanuman Chalisa everyday, plus on Saturdays offer oil + sindoor + aakda garland + coconut to Lord Hanuman.
- Try to chant the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra at least 1,25,000 times in front of Lord Shiva or a Shivlinga. In case you don’t know the mantra, it is:
Om Trayambakam yajamahey Sugandhim pushtivardhanam
Urvarukamiv bandhanat Mrityuomurkshir Mamrutat?
Things to keep in mind
It is important to note the following: Maintain brahmacharya while chanting, stop indulging in addictions, vices, feed brahmins and donate other material things to them, and try to do havan, tarpan as many times as possible.
You can feed brahmins and do havans at home on any Somvati amavasya, Amavasya, or Budhvati Amavasya. On Maha Shivratri, you can chant the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra.
Besides this, Ganesha suggests that you keep a Shrapit Dosha Yantra after making it holy (siddha) by chanting the Shani Mantra:
Om Sam Shanis-swaray namah?.
To nullify the effects of the yoga, the above mentioned remedies can do wonders. To know how the yoga may affect you, ask a question.
Soniya Nayyar Celebrity
The GaneshaSpeaks Team
Other Specials On Saturn You May Like To Read:
1) Saturn Sade Sati Remedies –Reduce Shani Dev’s Negative Effects To Lead A Happy Life