Dussehra or Vijaya Dashami is the tenth day of the Navratri festival. It calls an end to the Navratri festival and is often considered symbolic of the victory of good over evil. It also marks new beginnings. The exuberating festival of Dussehra has various interesting and intriguing customs as well as traditions associated with it, which make it truly charming.
Read on to discover astrological tips and fascinating rituals related to Dussehra Pooja.
1. Right direction to worship
The direction to worship Goddess Durga is North-East or the Eastern direction of the House. This direction is considered imperative as she would control the Nav-Graha or the nine planets in a horoscope.
2. Chant Durga Suktam
After deciding the direction, start chanting Durga Suktamas this is the Beej mantra to ward of all negative energies at home.
3. Place the Idol
After chanting the Suktam, place the idol facing towards East which would enhance your devotion towards the almighty.
4. Vastu Friendly Rangoli
This would bring the positive energies of the five elements under control. Avoid dark colors for Rangoli, especially Black and any other form of Dark colors during this celebration.
5. Torans for the main door
Embellish the main door with a ‘Bandanwars or Torans’ or door hangings made with mango leaves and marigold flowers to bring good luck, happiness, and success to your home.
6. Worship Shami Tree
It is believed that by worshipping Shami Tree on this day devotees can please Lord Shani and get his blessings. This will also bring devotees happiness and resolve their problems. Know the significance of Shami Tree puja on Dussehra.
7. Gift Green Gold (Leaves of Apta Tree)
To gift Green Gold on Dussehra is considered to be lucky and brings happiness and success for devotees. Know the significance of plants and leaves used during Dussehra.
Other rituals to be followed for Dussehra pooja
- On this day, puja is performed for ‘Astra’. You must offer prayers to Lord Ram, Lakshman, Bharat, and Shatrughan.
- People perform the pujas in order to seek the blessings of the almighty for happiness, health, wealth and prosperity.
- Flowers, dry fruits, fresh fruits, jaggery, radish, rice, incense sticks, limestone, cow dung, etc. are some of the most important ingredients of the entire rituals of puja
- ‘Dakshina’ is offered to the saint after the puja is over.
- Once the puja of Dussehra gets over, poor people are offered sweets as ‘prasad’ of the puja.
- Dussehra puja rituals differ from one region to another of the country. Dussehra Pooja is an age-old tradition. It is believed that if you perform the pooja dedicatedly, then you will receive the blessings of Almighty God.
Benefits of Dussehra Puja Rituals and Astrological Tips:
- Following this astrological tips bestows happiness and prosperity in a family.
- Dussehra rituals fulfill wishes and desires and bless one with an increase in wealth.
- It protects one from Evil eye and other negative energies.
What you can do on Dussehra?
Dussehra is considered to be an auspicious occasion to bring home new things or start a new venture or initiate something new in your life. Here are a few recommendations for this fruitful day:
- It is an auspicious day to buy electronics, vehicles or gold ornaments.
- If you are planning to start a new work or a job, this is an auspicious day to make a start.
- Some people also consider keeping ashes of the burnt effigy of Ravana auspicious.
So on this Dussehra acquaint yourself with these popular rituals and follow the Astro tips to make Dussehra more special.
Here's wishing you all a very Happy Dussehra!
To Get Your Personalized Solutions, Talk To An Astrologer Now!
With Ganesha’s Grace,
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team