Panguni Uthiram 2023: The Day When Divine Marriages Took Place
Are you still single and looking for getting married? Then, for you, Panguni Uthiram 2023 is the perfect day when the legendary Lord Shiva-Paravati, Rama-Sita, and Lord Krishna- Radha Pangani got married. Panguni Uthiram is a Tamil Hindu summer festival dedicated to celebrating the extremely auspicious and sacred marriage anniversary of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Hindu month Phalguna becomes highly auspicious during the beginning of April every year when Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra transits through the full moon. Every year, this full moon period on Panguni Uthiram plays an important role in keeping your mind calm, serene, and peaceful.
Therefore, the Panguni Uthiram festival is the most auspicious time in the year to get married. Panguni Uthiram festival or Panguni Uthiram celebration is best known for the celebration that takes place at the Muruga temples in the presence of Lord Subramanya. Panguni Uthiram festival marks the beginning of your married life or the karma of your family responsibilities.
Panguni Uthiram Auspicious Date and Time
Date: April 5, 2023
Uthiram Nakshathram Begins: 09:36 AM on April 04, 2023
Uthiram Nakshathram Ends: 11:23 AM on April 05, 2023
Significance Of Panguni Uthiram Festival
Panguni Uthiram festival falls on a full moon night. The ancient priests and astrologers used to choose Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra or Uthiram to ascertain the marriage muhurat. Uttara Phalguni nakshatra is ruled by Venus, the planet of relationship and marriage and symbolised by a bed that indicates marital bliss and peace. Therefore, many Gods and Goddesses, kings and queens used to get married on the Panguni Uthiram festival.
Common Natures Of People Born Under Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra:
Both men and women are practical and responsible in spending money. You keep yourself away from disputes or quarrels. You know how to compromise just to maintain a harmonious relationship. You are action-oriented and like to work hard. Even you have the potential to become rich and well known. However, being ruled by Venus, you can develop a chance to engage in an extramarital affair. So, be careful.
Married Life of a Man born under Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra:
If you are born under Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra, your wife might be knowledgeable and well organised. You may have a fun-filled and harmonious married life. What twists and turns will 2023 bring in your married life? Know with your Marriage Horoscope 2023.
Married Life of a Woman born under Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra:
If you are a female born under Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra, you may hold chances to be rich through your marriage. You might be a good homemaker and most probably remain happy with your husband and children. You are likely to enjoy a healthy life, but you may face minor troubles like headaches, menstrual trouble or breathing problems.
Reasons behind Choosing Panguni Uthiram-Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra:
- Panguni Uthiram is the auspicious day to remove obstacles in married life. There could be disturbances in your life after marriage if your wedding is not conducted in an auspicious time or if there are any faults like Kuja Dosha or Kaal Sarp Dosha in your birth chart. Panguni Uthiram is the best day to remove these doshas after marriage. This day offers you an opportunity to strengthen your relationships. Panguni Uthiram has the power to dissolve all your faults and negative influences that cause disturbances in family life.
Reveal the malefic and benefic doshas for you with the help of Free Janampatri.
Cultural Significance of Panguni Uthiram Celebration:
- Divine Weddings conducted at the South Indian Temples of Lord Muruga: Panguni Uthiram celebration signifies the wedding day of Lord Shiva and Parvati, Murugan and Valli Rama and Sita, as well as Lord Shri Krishna and Radha. Panguni Uthiram is celebrated to enrich your married life with bliss.
- Marriages made during the Panguni Uthiram festival are Divine and sacred.
- It is believed that on Panguni Uthiram, at the Shiva and Vishnu temples, Lord Muruga appears to devotees when he was just got married.
- Panguni Uthiram also marks the birthday of Lord Muruga, the incarnation of Lord Ayappa.
- Panguni Uthiram is Mahalakshmi Jayanti: Many of us don’t know that the Panguni Uthiram festival is also celebrated as Mahalakshmi Jayanti since it is believed that Goddess Lakshmi, the symbol of wealth and prosperity, was born on earth from the ocean of milk.
- Panguni Uthiram is the Vow Fulfillment Ceremony- Devotees of Lord Murugan perform certain rituals for the fulfilment of vows. Such vow fulfilment by devotees is a special feature of Subrahmanya temples.
- Panguni Uthiram is a ten-day festival where devotees in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala attend the rituals in the temples. Murugan Temple of Palani, Aiyyappa temple of Sabarimala in Kerala, Kapaleshwar temple of Chennai, Mangaleshwara temple in Trichy etc., are some of the temples where rituals of Divine marriages are conducted on Panguni Uthiram.
Benefits Of Panguni Uthiram Festival
Those who are still single and want to get married or not find peace in married life can see the progress in relationships provided that you perform the prayers and rituals on the auspicious day of Panguni Uthiram. Panguni Uthiram is that auspicious day when you can rectify the issues in relationships.
- You can connect with the Divine consciousness to understand the stages of life: Well, it does not matter whether you are single, committed, married, or divorcee, be present at the temple and pray to the divine couples who get married on this auspicious day of Panguni Uthiram.
- Panguni Uthiram may teach you the significance of relationships.
- If you get married to your partner during the Panguni Uthiram festival, you are likely to be blessed with wealth, happiness, and prosperity in life.
- Also, if you keep observing the fasting rituals on the day of Panguni Uthiram for forty-eight years, it is believed that you might be free from the cycle of births and deaths.
Rituals of Panguni Uthiram 2023
- On this auspicious day, take a bath.
- Observe a strict fast on this day of Panguni Uthiram since it is considered an extremely popular observance, especially among the devotees of Muruga. You can drink water or a piece of fruit if you cannot observe a strict fast.
- Visit the temples of Muruga, Shiva and Vishnu and worship special pujas.
- Offer payasam or sweet Pongal as a prasad to Lord Muruga.
- Break the fast after having the prasad.
For personalised rituals, consult our Expert Astrologers.
Mantra For Panguni Uthiram Festival Or Panguni Uthiram Celebration Mantra:
Harey Muruga Harey Muruga Shiva Kumara Haro Hara
Harey Kandha Harey Kandha Harey Kandha Haro Hara
Harey Shanmukha Harey Shanmukha Harey Shanmukha Haro Hara
Harey Vela Harey Vela Harey Vela Haro Hara
Harey Muruga Harey Muruga Om Muruga Haro Hara
Still facing problems in your married life, Talk to Astrologers Now!
Wish you a Happy Panguni Uthiram festival or Panguni Uthiram celebration or Panguni Uthiram 2023.