From a ticket collector to the Test Captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s journey is the stuff that dreams are made of. After taking up the Indian Test captaincy in 2008, the raw and rustic lad from Jharkhand led his country to series victories in New Zealand and West Indies, and the Border-Gavaskar Trophy in 2008, 2010 and 2013. In 2009, Dhoni also led the Indian team to number one position for the first time in the ICC Test rankings. By far Dhoni’s personal ODI innings best has been his unbeaten 183 against Sri Lanka in Jaipur in 2005, inclusive of 15 fours and 10 sixes, which helped India chase down the formidable target of 299, and also catapulted Dhoni into the limelight. And, rest as they say is history! From leading Team India, as they became the World Champions to performing consistently as an excellent skipper (and a wicket keeper) in the One-day and 20-20 formats of the game and more – Dhoni has done it all. The man of steel, the Captain Cool, has also weathered spot-fixing allegations (still unproven) in IPL, stemming from other allegations of conflict of interest, him being the skipper of the team Chennai Super Kings. Dhoni announced his retirement from Tests in December 2014, after a drawn Test against Australia and coming under heavy fire from the media for his defensive tactics.
Will he be able to lead India to a second World Cup victory in 2019 and before that, will he be able guide India to another World T20 victory? And, how will the path ahead be for him?
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
7th July, 1981
Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
- Ganesha notes that MS Dhoni is born with Virgo Ascendant and three important planets – the Moon, Jupiter and Saturn are placed therein, in his Natal Chart. This indicates that he is very intelligent, a brilliant strategist and an efficient team man who knows every aspect of the game in detail. This gives him the ability to put his intelligence to use and get things done for himself and the team.
- The conjunction of such heavyweight planets indicate that he is a man with a mission! There would be a lot of innovative ideas that exist in his mind, but due to the presence of Saturn in the Ascendant itself, all these ideas and thoughts are restricted within the boundaries of the self. To the world, he presents a calm and composed exterior but internally, there is uncontrolled intensity in the mind, always trying to figure things out and to execute the best possible plan. Due to the presence of such a strong trio in the Sign of Virgo, he is also blessed with great analytical and logical skills. He has a constant drive to improvise and perfect his game, which sometimes makes him extremely selective, choosy and finicky.
- Moreover, the interesting thing to note here is that he has 2 Rajayogas and a Dhanayoga in his Ascendant itself!
- The Lord of the 2nd House (Wealth) and 9th House (Fortune), Venus – is conjunct with Rahu in the 11th House in his Chart. It makes him very popular, stylish and well-known for his cool and composed character. It also makes him very fortunate and successful. This is the combination which also blesses him with great success commercially and in endorsements.
- The Lord of the 10th House, Mercury – is swagruhi i.e. placed in its own Sign in Gemini, which results into one of the Panch-Mahapurusha Yogas – Bhadra Yoga. Moreover, Mercury is in conjunction with the Sun. So, he is a master strategist, a sharp communicator, clever In all aspects of the game and a very versatile leader.
- Currently, Dhoni is under the influence of the major period of Rahu and the sub period of Venus.
- The transiting Saturn is passing through the 3rd House, and giving a negative aspect to Mars in Dhoni’s Natal chart.
- Plus, the transiting Rahu is passing through the 12th House.
- The benefic Jupiter is currently passing through the 12th House in Dhoni’s Chart.
- Basis the aforementioned planetary movements, following are Ganesha’s observations –
- M.S. Dhoni will continue to lead the Team India with his full potential. His contribution will help Indian Team in some important matches.
- Besides this, the transiting Rahu in the 12th house will keep him confused. Rahu will also control his decisive power, and may instigate him to commit mistakes. Dhoni may also face unexpected criticism from people. However, the the Rahu-Venus Dasha period may help him overcome this threat.
- He must take more time in taking important decisions, and coordinate politely with the team mates. Besides this, Ganesha advises that Dhoni should take care of his health and fitness till August this year. The period post August 2016 will be extremely bright for the Captain Cool!
- Overall, Ganesha feels that despite all seemingly insurmountable problems, Dhoni will be able to contribute to the Indian cricket till around June 2017.
With Ganesha's Grace,
Tanmay K. Thakar
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team