Shradh 2020 – Pitru Paksha Do’s and Don’ts
We all have Lord Ganesha close to our heart, and the festival associated with bringing him home, is never missed by anyone, isn’t it? Yes, Ganesha Chaturthi is the grand occasion that celebrates the eminence of the omen of all fortunate things. It makes all hearts go weepy when it’s time to say goodbye to the Lord after having pleased him at home. That said, Ganpati Visarjan leaves each one in the joy of giving immense love to the Lord and invites a new hope of bringing back Lord Ganesha the next year. People all over the country dance to the tunes of drums and Ganesha’s songs, and cherish the final moments with great enthusiasm and spirit!
Ganesh Chaturthi 2021 Visarjan Days
The final day of Ganpati or Ganesh Visarjan is the day of Anant Chaturdashi. This year it will be on the 10th of September, 2021, Friday.
The other Ganesh Visarjan days are as follows:
1 and a half day: 23rd August 2021, Sunday
3rd day: 24th August 2021, Monday
5th day: 26th August 2021, Wednesday
7th day: 28th August 2021, Friday
Though Ganesha may depart on the day of Visarjan, you can gain blessings by installing the powerful Ganesha Yantraafter consulting with our expert astrologers.
Ganpati Visarjan Mantra
There is not a particular Ganpati Visarjan mantra. However, ‘Ganpati Bappa Morya’ is everyone’s most favorite. People also do various other chantings in the honor of Ganesha while going for Visarjan. They give numerous shoutouts to the Lord, all their way to the place where they are about to do Visarjan.
How To Perform Ganpati Visarjan Vidhi At Home?
You can follow the below Ganpati Visarjan puja vidhi rituals before bidding farewell to Bappa:
- Offer aarti to Lord Ganesha along with your family and friends in the morning. Sing the customary aarti song for Bappa. Two of the popular songs to be sung while performing aarti are ‘Sukh Karta Dukh Harta’ and ‘Jai Ganesh Deva’.
- Light diyas and incense sticks, offer flowers, scent, and home-cooked sweets to the Lord.
- As the Muhurat for Ganesh Visarjan approaches, everyone should come together in front of the puja altar. After performing aarti, they can take Ganesha’s idol and leave the house.
- Just before taking the idol completely from its place, move it a bit towards you slowly. This means the ending of Bappa’s stay at your home and heading for the Visarjan. Ensure that all the family members are present this time at home and while going for Visarjan.
- Thank the Lord for residing at your place with you, and offer your love for listening to your prayers. Express your gratitude for receiving immense happiness and blessings that Bappa showered during their stay. Be grateful to the Lord for removing all the obstacles from your path. Thanking plays a vital part in pleasing the Lord and making him feel loved.
- Offer akshata (a mixture of raw rice and turmeric powder) to Ganpati Bappa. Keep some curd in Bappa’s hands.
- Place a dry coconut, jaggery, and 5 grains in a red cloth. Keep this tied cloth near Bappa, it acts as a meal for the Lord’s travel.
- Sprinkle some water on the individual conducting the rituals for Ganpati Visarjan.
- Take the Lord’s idol, hold him, and take a stroll around your home. This will fill Ganesha’s presence and grace in your house including bedrooms, kitchen, and other rooms.
- Keep singing ‘Ganpati Bappa Morya‘ and other mantras together with full enthusiasm and happiness.
- Come out of your home, holding Bappa’s idol. Another person should hold a coconut in their hands, make 3 circles over the Lord’s head, and break it on the floor. Keep the coconut with you, and start your journey to the Visarjan place. The coconut should be immersed during Visarjan along with the idol.
- Once you reach the spot, keep the idol on a table and perform aarti for the final time along with everyone.
- Take out all the ornaments of flowers and outer drapes from the idol. Discard or keep the removed decorations in a proper area of disposition.
- Finally, take the idol and immerse it at the Visarjan place.
You can give the below items for Visarjan along with the idol:
- The puja Kalash if any.
- The water and other contents from it.
Wishing to welcome Bappa the next year as well? In this case, you can return home by taking these things after Visarjan:
- The soil of the Visarjan place.
- Coconut from Kalash – wrap it in a red cloth and place in your home temple
May Ganpati Bappa bless you all and fill your lives with prosperity, love, and happiness by removing all the difficulties.
To Get Your Personalized Solutions, Talk To An Astrologer Now!
With Ganesha’s Grace,