Vibrant victory or faded fate? Ganesha predicts for ‘Dhobi Ghaat’
Anything associated with the Aamir Khan Productions is bound to generate buzz around the town. ‘Dhobi Ghaat’, a story shot in the hustle and bustle of Mumbai, with four protagonists and how their lives intersect, is the next to come out of Aamir’s kitty.
Releasing on 21st January, 2011, it has caught the eyeballs of the audience, thanks to the intriguing star-cast, screenplay and storyline. The film stars
‘Mr. perfectionist’ himself, Prateik Babbar, Monica Dogra and Kirti Malhotra, who play the roles of a painter, a washer man, a banker cum photographer, and a Muslim woman respectively. Kiran Rao, co-producer of the film, has certainly chosen a road less travelled for her maiden directorial venture.
Will ‘Dhobi Ghaat’ be able to maintain the cent per cent success ratio of ‘Aamir Khan Productions’? Will Kiran Rao prove to the world that she too is a ‘Perfectionist’, just like her husband? Or will the film get washed away at the ticket window? Ganesha answers the questions with the help of Vedic astrology.
Release Time chart for India’s major territory
- Jupiter and Moon are Swagruhi and are in trine
- Mars is exalted
- Venus is placed in the Bhagya Bhuvan
- The 10th House is afflicted by Mercury Rahu conjunction
- Ganesha feels that this film will have a good story line and will be very well-directed, as Jupiter and Mercury have acquired positions on angles.
- Film’s editing would be better than the camera work, as Venus is in detrimental sign and Mars is exalted.
- Film may receive 70% opening. At some theatres, it may see the ‘house-full’ board on the first day or during the first weekend. It, however, may not run at the theatres for long, and may get tagged as a ‘critic’s choice’ or a film for the class.
- Ganesha feels that performance of all the entire star-cast will be highly appreciated, as Moon is exalted in the 5th House of performance in the release time chart.
- All in all, it will be a good film, but Ganesha feels that ‘Dhobi Ghaat’ will not become a blockbuster.
Good luck and may Lord Ganesha bless the cast and crew of ‘Dhobi Ghat’.
With Ganesha’s Grace,
Bhavesh N. Pattni
The GaneshaSpeaks Team