A Bengali actress who achieved success at a young age, Sharmila Tagore appeared in numerous Bengali classics before switching to Hindi cinema, which shot her to fame, thanks mainly to her intense films opposite Rajesh Khanna. A distant relative of poet Rabindranath Tagore, she is also the wife of Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi. Sharmila's pairing opposite Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra and Shashi Kapoor was loved by the audiences, though the Khanna-Sharmila pair remained the most popular with both critics and fans. She received two National Film Awards and two Filmfare Awards for her performances. She led the Indian Film Censor Board from October 2004 till March 2011. In December 2005 she was chosen as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. She was one of the International Competition's Jury Members at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival. In 2013, she was awarded Padma Bhushan by the Government of India.
Date of Birth: 08th December, 1944
Time of Birth: 23.45
Place of Birth: Kanpur, UP
The Highlights of Tagore's Birth Chart:
- Sharmila Tagore was born with Leo Ascendant and Lord of Ascendant Sun is placed in the 4th House with Mars in her Natal chart.
- Moon and Jupiter is placed in the 2nd House in Sharmila Tagore's Chart. Moon and Jupiter form a Gaj Kesari Yog in her Chart.
- Modesty, sweet voice and good culture are part of Sharmila's nature. She would be quiet, cultured, intelligent, firm, charming and will be interested in charity. She would follow the family customs and traditions due to Gaj Kesari Yog.
- Mars is conjunct with Sun in the 4th House, which makes one an energetic personality. She will be brave, ambitious and keen to make progress. She would be skilled at getting her work done.
- Venus in Capricorn in the 6th House favors Sharmila Tagore and her acting. Venus being placed in Capricorn, she surely would have a very appealing beauty and charm, which would be different from others.
- Saturn is the Lord of House of marriage and it is retrograde and placed in 11th House with Rahu. Mars also aspects the 7th House in her chart. Due to these, she married Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, the Nawab of Pataudi and former captain of the Indian cricket team, in a Nikkah ceremony held on 27 December 1969. She converted to Islam and took on the name Ayesha Sultana.
- Because of the planetary alignments in her chart, she made the most versatile actress of Indian film industry.
Ganesha wishes a great time ahead to Sharmila Tagore and wishes her a most happy birthday.
With Ganesha’s Grace,
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team