It took a long while – 4000 years, to be precise -- for the Bollywood big-wigs to come up with the idea to make a film on Mohenjo Daro, the oldest civilization in the world, but here it is -- at last! The epic adventure-romance film written and directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, with the UNESCO World Heritage site as its backdrop, features Hrithik Roshan and Pooja Hegde in the lead roles. To his credit, Gowariker took more than three years to research and develop a script, with the help of archaeologists to ensure authenticity while documenting the Indus Valley civilization in his fictional story. The film is produced by Siddharth Roy Kapur, and AR Rahman lends it it's music. With the film set to release on August 12, Ganesha predicts that, though it will not be a blockbuster, it will do fairly well at the box office.
Releasing on 12th August, 2016
Major Territory, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Release Time Chart
Mohenjo Daro will be releasing with Leo Ascendant. Lord of Ascendant Sun will be in the 12th House. Yogakaraka Mars will be in the 4th House with debilitated Moon and retrograde Saturn. Venus and Mercury will be placed with Rahu in the Ascendant. Jupiter will be in the 2nd House of finances.
No bumper opening; but the steady performer
- Ganesha feels that Mohenjo Daro will have better than average start at the box office. Although the very name of the movie evokes nostalgic memories, chances of this movie opening full houses in major territories are very less.
Great critical acclaim expected
- Ganesha feels that the direction, performance of the actors and art direction will be highly appreciated. Especially, the film may receive a lot of appreciation from critics.
The film will perform better abroad
- Quite ironically, the movie will not do great business at least in India, the country where the Indus Valley Civilization took root, although its performance abroad may be satisfactory.
Are you curious to know how you will perform in your career in the upcoming year? Are you facing some problems in your professional life? Then our customised report - Career Report 1 Year
will provide a detailed overview of the year ahead. Order now!
Negative publicity may play spoilsport
- Lord of the 2nd House of finances and 11th House of gains, i.e. Mercury, is in the Ascendant with Venus and Rahu. Jupiter is in the 2nd House. These factors are indicating that the film will have mixed reviews. There may be some negative publicity too.
Above average, but not a blockbuster?
- This movie will end up doing better than average business at box office and it may not prove to be a blockbuster.
With Ganesha's Grace,
Bhavesh N. Pattni
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team