There is always a first time, they say, and debutant director Sanjay Sharma has dared to do it! 'Dunno Y... Na Jaane Kyun' is India's first film on gays or homosexual relationship between two males. Deviating from the mundane subjects on which Bollywood movies are made, Sanjay chose a path less travelled, and opted to make a film on the emotional grind between two gay lovers. No matter how broad-minded we become, such topics will always remain a hush-hush in the Indian society. Breaking all the shackles of a traditional mindset, the film will have bold and unconventional sequences. Perhaps, this is the reason why the film has raised a public ire and run into trouble with the censor board. Besides newcomers Kunal Sharma & Yuvraj Parashar, the film stars seasoned actors such as Helen, Zeenat Aman & Kabir Bedi.
Will the film rise above all the controversies & censorship issues? Though the film has already won a couple of awards, will it be accepted by the Indian audience despite a delicate topic of homosexuality? Ganesha finds out with the help of Vedic astrology.
Dunno Y... Na Jaane Kyun's release time chart
for India's major territory
- Rahu is very close to Ascendant's degree.
- Saturn is placed in the Karma Bhuvan.
- Venus is retrograde and placed with fallen Sun.
- Mars is Swagruhi, but in the 12th House.
- Jupiter is retrograde and aspecting Bhagya Bhuvan.
- Moon is placed in the 2nd House being the Lord of the 8th House.
- Rahu's Square with Saturn indicates that this film will have average start at box office. It might not receive more than 60 percent opening across India on the first day and in the first weekend.
- The film may have many bold sequences and unconventional scenes (which may not appeal the audience), as Venus, the planet that signifies love, is retrograde and is placed with debilitated Sun. Retrograde Jupiter aspecting this conjunction also indicates that the intensity of 'unconventional' sequences shown in the film would be very high. This is also supported by Swagruhi Mars in the 12th House.
- However, the film is likely to do a brisk business in the foreign countries.
- Film will be surrounded by controversies.
- It may run for about two weeks, but not more than that. Business in India would be very average.
- Retrograde Jupiter's aspect over retrograde Venus and debilitated Sun in the 11th House makes Ganesha feel that this film may win awards & accolades.
Good luck and may Lord Ganesha bless the cast and crew of the film.
Bhavesh N. Pattni
The GaneshaSpeaks Team