The makers of Ishqiya (2010) are back with its sequel – Desh Ishqiya, starring powerhouse performers - Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi, Madhuri Dixit and Huma Qureshi. The fresh pairing of Naseeruddin Shah-Madhuri Dixit and Arshad Warsi-Huma Qureshi has surely generated curiosity among film enthusiasts. The songs are penned by ace lyricist Gulzar and composed by none other than Vishal Bhardwaj himself. If the television promotions are anything to go by, the film promises to be an interesting mix of drama, action, suspense and thrill. And there is also one striking factor working for this directorial venture by Abhishek Chaubey- this is going to be Madhuri Dixit's first release after she shifted her base to India in 2011. Needless to say, her fans must be waiting with bated breath to see the dhak-dhak-girl scorch the silver screen once again.
The previous installment of this film, Ishqiya, was critically acclaimed and had received good response from the audiences, but the box-office collection was not at all extraordinary. Will it be the same scenario for Dedh Ishqiya as well? Ganesha analyses the release time chart of the film to predict its fate at the box office.
Release time chart for major Bollywood Territory
- Dedh Ishqiya is releasing with Capricorn Ascendant.
- The Ascendant Lord, Saturn, is exalted in the 10th House. It is placed with Rahu.
- Mars is in Mercury's Sign and Mercury is in Mars' Sign of exaltation, thus Mars becomes Anyo Anya Uchcha (gets exalted by the virtue of exchange).
- The Lord of the 7th House, Moon, is afflicted by Ketu.
- Ganesha feels that Dedh Ishqiya will have an average opening at the box-office across India.
- The film will do average business during the 1st weekend, and the collections will decline post Monday.
- Overall, the film will do average business during the 1st week of its release.
- Although the film may not be able to mint money at the box-office, it will garner positive reviews for the performances of the actors, songs and direction.
- Ganesha feels that this movie is likely to get nominated for some award. It may even bag a few awards.
- The overseas business of Dedh Ishqiya may be slightly better.
- Ganesha feels that this will be a film the classes, not the masses.
The GaneshaSpeaks Team