Agneepath shall open to full houses, predicts Ganesha.
Today, when Bollywood is unabashedly and candidly looking at its own past for inspirations and motivation, remakes of successful Bollyood oldies are a norm. Amidst such a scenario, it was but natural that Karan Johar, the film-maker par excellence, chose to recreate his late father Yash Johar’s masterpiece Agneepath. The movie, when originally released in the year 1990, had failed to woo the audiences to the theatres. However, it acquired a cult status in the years that followed.
In the many years when he ruled the cine-screens across India, the original superstar of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan played myriad roles with innumerable shades, all, but few, essayed to perfection. And, the fact that the man himself calls his role in the critically acclaimed Agneepath as one of his ‘best and most challenging’ says it all.
In the latest version of this highly talked about classic (that releases with the same name), the iconic character Vijay Deenanath Chauhan is being essayed by Hrithik Roshan. Whether Hrithik Roshan manages to match (or even exceed) up to Amitabh’s towering performance in the original is yet to be seen. With movies like Lakshya, Krrish, and Guzaarish to his credit, Hrithik seems to fit the bill.
No wonder, the audiences have pinned their hopes on him and the movie.
Another famous role in the original played by Danny Denzongpa, the menacing, grotesque Kancha Cheena, is being enacted by Sanjay Dutt in the remake. With this role, Sanjay Dutt is expected to redefine the role f a villain in Bollywood cinema. The sizzling Priyanka Chopra features as the leading lady in the movie. And, as has now become almost the norm in modern cinema, an item number too has been added in the remake for good measure, Chikni Chameli enacted by Katrina Kaif.
Will the remake live up to the original Agneepath? Will Hrithik adeptly handle the mammoth task of enchanting the audiences with his performance and dialogue delivery? Ganesha finds out with the help of Vedic astrology.
Agneepath’s release time chart for India’s major territory Release date:- 26th January 2012
- Agneepath is releasing with Venus and Moon in Aquarius Ascendant. Lord of the Ascendant Saturn is placed in the House of luck and it is exalted.
Moreover, it is in exchange with Bhagya Bhuvan Lord Venus which is Yogakaraka planet for Aquarius Ascendant.
- Karma Bhuvan Lord Mars is retrograde in fiery sign Leo.
- Rahu is placed in the Karma Bhuvan.
- 2nd House of finance?s Lord Jupiter is aspected by the Lagna Lord Saturn.
- As Yogakaraka planet Venus in the release time chart is well placed and it is in exchange with Ascendant Lord, Ganesha feels that Agneepath
is going to receive very warm response at the box office.
- Opening of the first day and first weekend?s business will be very good. Expect house-full boards in many territories.
- Performance of all the actors will be good but aggression would overpower the glamour shown in the movie as retrograde Mars is aspecting the
Ascendant, Venus and Moon.
- Ganesha feels that this film?s business for first two weeks would be very good.
- Due to Rahu?s position in the 10th House, the film may be criticized too, despite which the business shall be good, feels Ganesha.
- Overseas business will also be equally good as 12th Lord Saturn is placed in it?s sign of exaltation plus is in exchange with Venus the Lord of the 9th
House as well as the Yogakaraka for Aquarius Ascendant.
Ganesha wishes all the luck to the cast and crew of Agneepath.
With Ganesha’s Grace,
Bhavesh N. Pattni
The GaneshaSpeaks Team