The 6th House, 8th House and the 12th House: Problematic Houses?
Explanation of the Negative Houses in Astrology:
- In Astrology, the 6th House, the 8th House and the 12th House are considered to be negative Houses or Trikhasthanas. Why?
- The First House or the Ascendant denotes the self and also represents good heath. Take the 6th House from it, it shows Illness. Take the 6th from the 6th, it also shows illness. Take the 6th from there. It shows Recovery from illness.
- The First House represents Power. The 8th House shows Difficulties. The 8th from the 8th shows Courage.
- The First House shows the self. The 12th shows Loss to myself. The 12th from the 12th shows Gains.
- Thus, we can say that these three Houses happen to be the adverse Houses, which give a lot of hardships and troubles to the native. But, one thing to be kept in mind is that
- This is why you see the cycle of Gains and Loss in a symmetrical manner when we ponder over the Houses 6th, 8th and the 12th House.
- Thus the Lagna Lord placed in the 6th House may cause illness. The Lagna Lord placed in the 8th shows less longevity. The Lagna Lord in the 12th shows Loss or Self-Undoing.
If these Houses are looked at from a deeper perspective, then the the following are the areas and aspects represented by the 3 Houses:
- 6th House = Enemies, Debts, Recklessness, Competitors, Conflicts, Quarrels, Hatred, etc.
- 8th House = Death, Mystery, Darkness, Sorrow, Humiliation, Suffering, Prolonged Illnesses, Misfortune, Accidents, Unexpected or Unforeseen Problems, Hidden Enemies, etc.
- 12th House = Bondage, Incarceration, Exile or Imprisonement, Banishment, Losses and Long-term debts, Harm to self, etc.
- It is not only about the Lagna Lord and the adversity being caused to it by being placed in any of these Houses. Any Benefic planet thus, when it occupies the Sign which happens to be the 6th,8th or 12th from the sign it owns, will loose its strength and abilities to give benefic results completely. Thus, we can say that the benevolence of a good planet gets subdued when placed in a Trikasthana.
- Moreover, in many cases, we observe that despite of the presence of Rajayogas, they do not function in an effective manner, as they may be getting formed in either of the Trikasthanas. But, as always, there are some exceptional cases.
Talk to an Astrologer Now, First Consultation with 100% Cashback!
With Ganesha’s Grace,