Highlights: Mars-Mercury Exchange, Jupiter-Mercury Combine and as strong 8th House Influence!
Ramanujan is globally regarded as one of the greatest mathematicians the world has ever witnessed. With no formal training in mathematics, Ramanujan made exceptional contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions. Even today, his findings continue to inspire a vast amount of research. Born in Erode, Tamil Nadu, Ramanujan, exhibited precocious talent. By the age of 13, he had started discovering sophisticated theorems on his own, and by 14 he was receiving merit certificates and academic awards. Ramanujan quit college without a degree as he excelled only in mathematics and performed poorly in other subjects. He pursued independent research in mathematics and lived in extreme poverty. In 1913, Ramanujan sent his work to noted mathematician GH Hardy, who was astounded by his work and brought him to Cambridge. Soon Ramanujan was recognized as a mathematical prodigy globally.
Date of Birth: 22nd December, 1887
Time of Birth: 18.20
Place of Birth: Erode, Tamil Nadu
- Srinivasa Ramanujan was born with Gemini Ascendant and Lord of Ascendant Mercury is placed in the 6th House with Jupiter in his Natal chart.
- Mars and Mercury are very important Planets for any mathematician. In Ramanujan’s Chart, Mars is in exchange with Mercury. Further, both the Planets have also established strong relationship not only through association in the same House but by Mars occupying his Multrikona Sign. Due to these Planetary combination Ramanujan recognition of his career and achievements as the Indian icon of mathematics.
- The Parivartan Yog between Mercury and Mars made him a great Indian mathematician. This Yog gave him a very sharp mind and strong calculation powers. He could solve mathematical problems very easily.
- The conjunction between Mercury and Jupiter also contributed to help him deliver his best in Mathematics. Mercury conjunct with Jupiter gave him a strong ability to communicate and diversify. This conjunction gave him a strong analytical and critical powers for doing detailed work.
- The conjunction is indicative of a successful mathematician due to Jupiter – Mercury combination application of mind and mathematics due to this combination he made a successful mathematician.
- The Lord of life-line Saturn is retrograde and placed in 2nd House with Rahu, and also Ketu is placed in the 8th House the House of adversities and longevity. When not properly treated, dysentery can lie dormant for years and lead to hepatic amoebiasis, a difficult disease to diagnose, but once diagnosed, readily cured. Due to these malefic combinations and alignments, Ramanujan died soon thereafter at the age of 32.
- All these Planetary positions helped Ramanujan independently compile nearly 3,900 results, mostly identities and equations. Nearly all his claims have now been proven correct, although some were already known. He stated results that were both original and highly unconventional, such as the Ramanujan prime and Ranmanujan theta function, and these have inspired a vast amount of further research. The Ramanujan Journal, an international publication, was launched to publish work in all areas of mathematics influenced by his work.
May Srinivasa Ramanujan’s soul rest in peace and may his glory eternally enchant people.
With Ganesha’s Grace,
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team