How Mangal Dosha or an adversely posited Mars can affect you?
Planet Mars, when placed in different Houses of the kundali has different effects on the native’s personal life. Lets see how Mangal or Mars forms a ‘Mangal Doshaa’ in the kundali When Mars is placed in 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th House, the kundali has a ‘Mangal Dosha’ and the person is called a ‘manglik’. The presence of Mangal Dosha or Kuja Dosha is one of the biggest fears or misconceptions in our society. Even the various old texts of astrology differ about the Mangal Dosha, what are the exceptions available and the remedies to nullify it. However, Mangal Dosha cannot be ignored. It may cause problems in marital life. So, before marriage it is very essential to match horoscopes for Kuja Dosha. It is also very important to analyse the chart and identify whether the kundali has a Mangal Dosha or not.
- If Mars is placed in the 1st House, it will aspect 4th, 7th and 8th Houses. 1st House signifies the character of the person. Hence, a person may be very aggressive and short tempered. Afflicted 4th House indicates problems associated with house, vehicle, accident due to fire, chemicals, electricity etc. Afflicted 7th House indicates a possibility of obstacles in marital life with spouse, partnership etc. Afflicted 8th House indicates a possibility of fatal accident. So, the placement of Mars in the Ascendant is considered as a drawback.
- If Mars is placed in the 4th House, it will affect 7th, 10th and 11th House in addition to 4th House. We have already seen adverse effects of afflicted 4th and 7th Houses. Afflicted 10th House indicates a possibility of frequent changes and disturbances in profession, sleep and issues with father. Afflicted 11th House indicates possibility of losses due to accidents, thefts etc. So, the placement of Mars in the 4th House is not very well received.
- If Mars is placed in the 7th House, it will affect the 10th, 1st and 2nd Houses. 7th is the House of marital life and spouse. So, the presence of Mars
in the 7th House indicates turbulent married life. Afflicted 2nd House can create issues among the family members; there are chances of
frequent problems and lack of harmony among the members due to conflicts. Also, there may be loss of money or unexpected expenses. So, the placement of Mars in the 7th House may gives rise to hardships
- If Mars is placed in the 8th House, it will affect 11th, 2nd and 3rd House. The person is prone to fatal accident due to fire, chemicals, electricity
etc. Also, afflicted 3rd House may create tensions among siblings. It also makes person very rude and arrogant, and tends to hurt others quite often and may also suffer failures. So, placement of Mars in the 8th house is considered as a drawback.
- If Mars is placed in the 12th House, it will affect 3rd, 6th and 7th House. 12th House signifies the spending habits of the person. So, it highlights
the fact that the person may go overboard with expenses. A person may be prone to diseases caused due to acidity, hyper tension, diseases related to blood etc. So, the placement of Mars in the 12th House is considered as a drawback.
So, Mangal Dosha can cause many problems. But these are very broad guidelines. Many other aspects and angles need to be studied. The overall strength of the horoscope, strength of the planets, benefic aspects, and Mars’ strength must be considered.
Exceptions and Cancellations of Mangal Dosha
- If Mars is debilitated.
- If Mars is combust
- If Mars is in own sign Aries or Scorpio
- If Mars is exalted
- If Mars is in Leo in 8th House
- If Mars is in Sagittarius in 12th House.
- If Mars is aspected by a benefic.
- If a strong benefic is placed in the 9th House
- If Mars is exalted or in its own sign in Navmansa chart.
- If boy and girl both are ‘Manglik’
The Mangal Dosha can be troublesome and affect the married life, substantially. But kundali matching and judging the Mangal Dosha is the job of an expert astrologer, and it must be done only after carefully analysing the horoscopes of the boy and the girl, both.
Here are the remedies for the Mangal Dosha. Following these may reduce the ill-effects of Mangal Dosha and give good results:
Appease Lord Ganesha in the following manner
- Offer red flowers and �gud� (Jaggery) to Lord Ganesha everyday. While worshipping, recite the mantra: �Om Gan Ganpataye Namah� 108
- Donate Blood on Tuesdays (quarterly), if health permits.
- Install Mangal Yantra and perform Mangal Prayer.
- Observe fast on Tuesdays (sunrise to next day sunrise). Have only fruit juice or milk.
- Recite Mangal Chandika Stotra on regular basis.
- Perform Kumbh Vivah, Vishnu Vivah or Ashwatha Vivah.
- Recite Hanuman Chalisa daily.
- Feed birds with sweet.
Talk to an Astrologer Now, First Consultation with 100%
With Ganesha’s Grace,
The GaneshaSpeaks Team