Live-in relationship, a modern day phenomenon, is a reality that is literally poking us in the face today, despite our culture and religion being completely averse to it. Perhaps the greatest contributing factor to this trend is the rapidly changing cultural values of our country - the fact that we as a culture are in such a flux that we feel directionless at times.
There could be numerous specific reasons for which people opt for this way of life and love. There may be the ones who firmly believe in shunning responsibilities, and thus marriage may not appeal to them. Ambitious and self-absorbed youth of Gen Y may not want to let anything come in their way to a successful career and a good life. A failed love affair, a marriage gone awry, a broken heart, a non-supportive family - all or one of these too may lead one to lose faith in the institution of marriage.
And then, there could be other reasons, due to which one would prefer a live-in-relationship over marriage. Astrologically speaking, there could be stars and planetary alignments, which may make one inclined towards such a relationship. Stars and their positions in one's natal chart may augur a not-so-happy married life. And, that is when one may decide to go for such an arrangement, especially if one is aware of this well in advance. For, many will opt for this arrangement rather than suffer in an excruciating, painful marriage!
If you any confusion about your marriage, read your Marriage Astrology and get guided.
As per the tenets of Vedic Astrology, if a Lord or Sub-Lord of the 2nd House as well as the Lord/ Sub-Lord of the 7th House in one's natal chart is in a very poor conjunction with the Sun, one is destined to have a poor married life.
At the same time, if a Lord/Sub-Lord of the 5th House as well as the Lord/Sub-Lord of the 11th House is strong, the person may naturally feel inclined towards a live-in arrangement, even after a possible break in his/ her marriage. This certainly is different from an extra-marital relationship.
Listed below are some more possible prominent planetary alignments, which augur a poor married life for the native. (all relations should be seen in degrees with a orb limit of 6 degrees, plus or minus) :
(1) Mars in the 4th, 7th, or 8th House from the Sun/Moon
(2) Saturn in the 4th, 7th or 8th House from the Sun
(3) Rahu in conjunction with the Sun/Mars in the 2nd, 4th or 7th House
(4) Uranus in conjunction with the Sun/Moon in the 7th House, and the Sun/Moon is a Lord/Sub-Lord of the 7th House or Venus is poor
(5) Neptune in a conjunction with the Sun/Moon/Mars or is in the 4th or 7th or 8th House from the Sun/Moon/Mars
(6) Venus in conjunction with Moon, but is aspected by a malefic planet or is in Paapkartari or both Moon and Venus are in Krutikka/Moola Nakshatra
(7) Saturn in the 7th House from the Moon
(8) Uranus in the 3rd, 5th, 9th or 11th House from the Moon
(9) Uranus in the 4th, 7th or 8th House from the Moon
(10) Mars in the 12th House from Venus, in degrees as well as House-wise
(11) Venus in the 4th, 7th or 8th House from Mars
(12) Saturn in conjunction with Mars in the 7th House
(13) Uranus in conjunction with Mars in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th House.
(14) Rahu, Ketu, Uranus, Neptune or Pluto alone in the 7th House, and aspected by a malefic planet.
(15) If Saturn in the 4th House from the Moon, the person will not be too inclined to marriage itself.
(16) Venus placed in the Kruttika/Magha/Moola Nakshatra.
(17) Neptune in conjunction with the 4th, 7th or 10th House from Venus.
(18) Lord or Sub-Lord of 7th House in the 6th, 8th or 12th House.
(19) Jupiter in the 7th House and in Taurus/Libra sign.
(20) Venus in Pisces, and aspected by a malefic planet.
(21) A Lord or Sub-Lord of the 6th House (enemies' house) is placed in the 7th House.
(22) A Lord or Sub-Lord of the 7th House in a Nakshatra, the Lord of 64th Navmansha, 64th Navmansha or in 22nd Dreshkan, which falls in the 8th House. This will create problems in one's life generally too.
(23) A Lord or Sub-Lord of the 7th House in the Nakshatra of Gulik or is aspected/or is in conjunction with Gulik.
Thus people may consult an astrologer to find out their marriage prospects, and to get detailed Kundali readings. And, then some of them if destined for a poor married life may prefer to go in for a live-in or a contractual relationship, provided the 5th , 11th and 3rd Houses in their charts are strong.
Click here to ask a question to our Celebrity Astrologer
With Ganesha's Grace,
Santosh Santosh Deuskar
The GaneshaSpeaks Team