People who are practising meditation are happier, clear in mind, healthier and calm as well. They understand the importance of necessity in life. Mindfulness exercise is a type of meditation that you might have heard about. If so, you are definitely eager to know more about mindfulness and how to practice it. Just like any other thing, by practice, you can train your mind and feel the difference after a certain period.
If you have already tried meditation and you think it is not your cup of tea: you should try mindfulness. For example, to cook a delicious dish, you have to start with the first step, and if you feel something is missing in the dish, next time you take care of that point. Similarly, if you want to feed something good to your mind, you must first exert effort without giving up.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness means observing your life as it is and accepting the current situation without being judgmental about it. Mindfulness means your ability to be fully present in any situation and allowing your feelings to exist without converting them into action. In another way, we can say mindfulness means being aware of the current situation: noticing your thoughts and feelings as they arise without any reason.
Apparently, mindfulness means not reacting to any actions going around you. You are observing them but not overactive or overwhelmed by them. Put your mind in that condition when you can observe every movement going around you, but it does not affect you. Mindfulness is one type of meditation when you can concentrate on something without any reaction but with awareness.
You can exercise mindfulness anywhere, anytime. You just need to be mindful to exercise mindfulness.
Steps to Learn Mindfulness Meditation
Sit in a comfortable position and relax your body. Choose a peaceful and quiet place to sit. As any type of noise can distract you and maybe disrupt your mindfulness exercise.
Set a time limit. If you are a beginner, five to ten minutes time is enough for you at the beginning of the mindfulness exercise. Also, try to sit at the same time every day and gradually increase the amount of time you spend practising mindfulness. Morning mindfulness activity can help you more to exercise mindfulness.
Observe the sensations in your body. When you sit to exercise mindfulness, you may be sitting on a chair or the floor with cross legs. Just make sure you are comfortable and you are not changing your sitting postures frequently. Try to sit still. When you start meditation, your body and mind start giving you their feedback. Feel that happiness and peace of mind even after completing your session.
Feel your breath. During exercise mindfulness, you are present with your mind in a present situation without being judgemental about any movement. You are sensing and feeling yourself in exercising mindfulness. Continuous exercise mindfulness increases your ability to focus and increases your acceptance level for anything. You begin to pay attention to what is going on around you rather than flowing with your thoughts.
Just stay away from your mobile phones and other electronic gadgets which can distract your mind. In today’s time, it is difficult to stay away from phones because most of the business and work are handled by mobile phones. Still spare some time for yourself and sit in a place where you can relax and forget all your problems. And then exercise mindfulness.
Try to develop your concentration power. Our mind is fickle and it goes with the flow of things that happen around us. By learning mindfulness and exercising mindfulness, you can instruct your mind in a good way. Mindfulness practice can help you improve your concentration.
What do you need to know before Exercise Mindfulness?
To exercise mindfulness, remember you don’t need to take admission to any gym or yoga classes. You only need to find a peaceful corner of your home: take cushions: a chair and you can easily exercise mindfulness. And this exercise can make your day.
Do not be upset if you lose your focus during exercise mindfulness. To exercise mindfulness, the most important thing is your focus. In the beginning, you may lose your focus on exercising mindfulness. But take fun mindfulness exercises. Short mindfulness exercises can give you better results. If you do not get too much time, you can do quick mindfulness activities. Combine meditation and mindfulness exercises for the mesmerized experience of a peaceful soul. Do not be in a hurry. This is not any match or function where you have rushed to be there. You just need to pay attention to be present at the moment without reacting.
Do not get hyper when your mind is wandering. Like we already said, you can not get immediate results from exercising mindfulness. Your mind can pay attention every time you want to. Thoughts take over your mind on their own. Assume we are driving on a road where excavation is taking place; you will be unable to drive smoothly. But when you are driving on the highway, you can reach your destination smoothly and quickly compared to local roads. This exercise is also like that. You must build a highway in your mind, but this will take time. In short, disappointment and frustration is not a solution. Cooldown your mind and keep doing simple meditation exercises: fun meditation exercises and exercise mindfulness.
Different types of Mindfulness Exercise
Now we all know what mindfulness is and how to exercise mindfulness? But do you know what the different exercises to practice? Here we are going to find some different types of active mindfulness exercises and you can also try guided meditation exercises by the experts. We are going through some simple mindfulness exercise for your routine practice.
- Observe a leaf for a few minutes: This is a simple exercise of focus. You can take a leaf from any tree. Take it in your hand and observe that leaf for five to seven minutes. Observe small things like its colour: a pattern that is created by nature: the shape of the leaf: texture: colour differences. This exercise keeps you alive and brings you to the present situation rather than being into the imaginary world.
- Mindful of eating your meal: we eat every day, but how many of us observe such things during this time? We don’t always know what we’re eating when we’re stressed. We eat resin to live but don’t do that. During your mealtime, pay attention for a few minutes to what you are eating. Observe the food: how you hold the food. When you notice these things, you are now able to observe the colour, the texture of food and finally feel the smell and eat. Pay attention and feel the test of the meal after it. Not immediately but slowly, this mindfulness exercise will work.
- Brainstorm your thoughts for a few minutes. If you feel you are stuck somewhere and it is disturbing you, this mindfulness exercise will help you to feel relaxed. To begin this exercise, sit or lie down on the floor as per your comfort. And try to dissipate all the tension from your body. Now start to focus on breathing and make yourself aware of what is going on in your mind and then move to your thoughts. If your mind wanders, gently shift your mind again to your thoughts. In a different way, you can use this method of mindfulness of thought exercise.
- Sound mindfulness exercise. In this exercise, you can focus on the sound of some bell till it’s faded. You can use any sound from the internet as well to practice this mindfulness exercise. When you start to concentrate on the sound, it helps you to be totally present at the moment.
- Focus on the center. Your purpose of exercising mindfulness is to be present and focused. Your mind wandering and trying to break that thing. When you exercise to focus on the center, it helps you to increase your mental strength without disturbing your focus. You must see some of the videos on the internet about focusing on the center. You can also use that also to exercise mindfulness. During this activity, you can also focus on your thoughts. But you should be careful during this exercise. If it goes wrong, you can lose yourself rather than concentrate or focus on your thoughts. We advise you to do this exercise under the observation of your instructors or experts.
All these are easy mindfulness exercises. With this, you can try meditation and exercise in the morning for a better feeling and you can learn some meditation exercises for beginners from our different sections.
Mindfulness Exercises for Depression, Anger, and Anxiety
Mindfulness exercise also helps to overcome depression, anger, and anxiety. We can discuss one by one how to exercise mindfulness can help a human when they are surrounded by such mental issues.
Exercise mindfulness for depression: In depression, people are present physically but their mind is stuck somewhere due to some shock or some kind of incident that happened. The ability to accept the truth can be considered negligible when someone is passing through a bad time and, in technical terms, we call it depression. It is one kind of mental illness.
With the help of experts and exercise, mindfulness can make a person get out of depression. In mindfulness, we exercise living in the present and observe everything which is going around us. Depression is one type of pause in this chain. And to break this, a person needs to start to notice his own mind: thoughts: feelings. Realization and acceptance play an important role in coming out of the depression. Mindfulness exercise can help a person to accept the past and give the self-confidence to live for the future with the present in the current situation.
There is so much research done on exercise mindfulness for depression. For better results and techniques, you can always consult experts.
Exercise mindfulness for anger: Anger can be your biggest enemy, so it is necessary to control your anger. By exercising mindfulness, you can control your feelings. Mindfulness can help to control your stimulus nature and help you control your immediate actions. When you are angry, first sit in a comfortable position and close your eyes for a few minutes and calm down your mind. Take a deep breath and go back to the past and think about the reasons behind your anger. Analyze and feel the anger that you felt at that moment. Feel the sensation and changes in the body at the time you are angry. Like your hands and feet are warm or cold: Is your body shivering at the moment?: After all these observations, try to leave all these feelings and try to stable your mind. Show some kindness to your anger and say goodbye to anger.
Notice your behaviour after exercising mindfulness and keep practising it regularly to stay away from anger.
Exercise mindfulness for anxiety: To overcome any type of anxiety, you can learn the correct and effective methods from the experts which are guided meditation exercises or from any authorized program or related to it. For some quick action to exercise mindfulness for anxiety, we can try some safe tricks. Whenever you are anxious, focus on that sensation and observe your feelings and body. Do not avoid your anxiety and try to find out the reason behind this anxiety. As per mindfulness, regular practice is present in the situation. Do not hesitate to think about anxiety. Let the thoughts allow you to come into your mind and try to sort out the maximum confusion and reason behind your anxiety.
You are the best doctor yourself. If you think positively, you create an aura of positivity around you which keeps negativity and any kind of anxiety away from you. These mindful thinking exercises can also help you to overcome your anxiety.
Benefits of Mindfulness exercise
Mindfulness exercises can improve your physical and mental health. You feel changes in behaviour: your attitude and your way of approaching problems. When you are mentally fit, you can win any fight in your life and mindfulness exercise helps you to reach that state of mind.
As highlighted in the points below, practising mindfulness can be beneficial in a variety of ways. Even minute activities that are mindful will benefit you.
- Exercise mindfulness improves your physical health. Just like meditation can control some physical strength of your body, mindfulness can also help to control your blood pressure and cardiac condition as well.
- Exercise mindfulness can reduce stress from your daily life. Mindfulness can train your mind to be present in the situation where you are, rather than observing the problems around you.
- Mindfulness practice can bring you inner joy and help you learn to love yourself. You can be more creative and can succeed in your life.
- Regular exercise in mindfulness keeps you away from depression, anxiety, insecurity, and anger. Having control over these four things makes your life easier.
- You can approach your work with more concentration and focus. And this approach increases your productivity.
- It can help you increase your power to deal with any illness. Your strong mental health can increase your power day by day.
- If you exercise mindfulness with your kid and participate in some normal exercises, you will find that their learning abilities increase with time. They will also learn how to digest defeat. And their creativity comes out with time.
- If you are a college student and are practising mindfulness, you can save yourself from depression, competition, internal appearances, and even bad habits. With your strong focus on studies, you can achieve a good academic score.
Going through all the benefits, now don’t forget to exercise mindfulness. You can also learn mindfulness activities for the elderly if you have elders at home. For more information, we recommend that you consult experts to learn mindfulness and appropriate mindfulness exercises so that you can stay healthy and happy.