Why mental health should not be underestimated?
"Mental health…is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going." — Noam Spencer, PhD
How exactly do we understand what mental health is? Do you feel like there is a feeling that causes a lot of distress but you are unable to identify it? Are there situations where you wish you knew better about what was happening within your mind and how it impacts your body? The answer lies in knowing all there is about mental health because it is one pit-stop answer to many such related questions.
In terms of mental health, unfortunately, there is also a considerable stigma attached to it, which is why it is critical that we recognize good mental health efforts and work to overcome the barriers that have been formed that prevent us from addressing mental health in a positive, effective and a productive manner. You should give yourself permission to tune in to yourself and assess your overall mental health on a frequent basis so that you can adequately manage your needs.
Importance of Mental Health
You may have wondered what the significance of mental health is. Why is it a hot topic gaining popularity all of a sudden? Is it a real concept or an imaginary one? What does it have to do with physical well-being? And a bunch of these questions tend to crop up regarding the aspect of mental health. However, if we dig deeper into the concept and its impact on our overall health, the results will be beneficial.
- Preserving a healthy level of mental health and addressing any mental health disorders is critical for restoring constructive behaviors, emotions, and attitudes.
- Focusing on mental health care could boost productivity, improve our self-image, and strengthen our relationships with ourselves and others around us.
- Nurturing mental health not only improves our everyday functioning but may also help us regulate some of the physical health concerns that are directly related to mental health difficulties.
To use the pandemic as an example, the value of having excellent mental health was clearly seen since it affects how you think, behave, and feel. People who had a strong emotional, psychological, and social foundation were better able to manage stress, connect with others, and make appropriate decisions, which in turn helped them to cope well and faster compared to those who had poor mental health (i.e., higher levels of stress, unhealthy coping mechanisms, negative outlook on life, etc.).
Why is mental health awareness important?
Mental health is a crucial topic that should be taken into consideration for people belonging to different walks of life. The more awareness is created about it, the more beneficial it is for everyone.
The areas that should be the prime focus of creating awareness about it should be education for students and in the workplace. Mental health awareness for students is especially crucial if public awareness of the problem is to be raised. Without comprehensive mental health education, children grow up believing in society’s long-held assumptions, perpetuating a vicious cycle of stigmatized attitudes toward mental health. They may be made aware by promoting good eating habits, boosting their self-confidence, encouraging assertiveness, and so on.
A culture of awareness can empower employees to seek assistance. Organizations should not only try to eliminate the stigma associated with mental illness, but they should also provide proper assistance to employees who suffer from mental health issues. This can aid in the recovery of people suffering from minor issues as well. Routine therapy and the availability of a free therapist in the office might encourage employees to come up with any concerns and more confidently manage their mental health.
What about your mental health? want to talk with some experts? Connect to the best online therapist to know more about the importance of mental health.
Qualities of people who have a healthy level of mental health
While each of us has some quirks to our personality, knowing what works the best and sticking to it consistently takes a lot of effort. In exchange, the fruit is a contented state of mind, even if the circumstances around you indicate otherwise. Some qualities of a person with a healthy level of mental health are as follows:-
- You can be happy for people around you even if you are facing difficulties in your life.
- You do not compare yourself to others.
- You take enough breaks and give importance to self-care.
- You enjoy the simple things in life.
- You express gratitude and respect your boundaries.Talk to our online psychologist at Ganeshaspeaks.com to improve your mental health.
More Expert Psychologist
Ways to Boost your Mental Health
When you have a healthy state of mind, you are more likely to be able to deal with daily obstacles and concerns. Here are some easy strategies to improve your mental health.
- Accept the flaws in you and prepare to change that thought, feeling, or behavior in yourself.
- Seeing a therapist and venting your problems can help you find direction and support.
- Developing healthy coping mechanisms.
- Being ready to unlearn old patterns and learn new ones.
- Believe and be patient with yourself, because you’ve got this!
“There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” — John Green