Vajrasana - Adamantine Pose
The quest to understand the tremendous possibilities of a human body and mind brings us to yoga. Yoga helps to sync the mind and body with the life source within us. It prepares you to be receptive to the enormous grace that nature has to offer. Asanas are the tributaries of yoga. One such basic asana is Vajrasana. Also popularly named as the diamond pose yoga, adamantine pose or thunderbolt, it makes the body as strong as the diamond.
Today, we will see how this simple-looking asana can change your experience of life. With regular practice, you can avail the wealth of good health and wisdom that ancient yogis blessed us with. Let’s live life magically.
The experience of life differs from person to person based on the perception of every individual. To see things as they are, a still mind is a must. The mind has the power to create its own world if left untrained. This was discovered by yogis very early in Indian civilization. The mind being a super sophisticated gadget, its optimum use required sublime mastery. Human beings are at their best when they are pleasant. This pleasantness is a fruit of the still mind. Vajrasana is a practice of bringing stillness and enhancing receptivity. It can also be considered the first step towards meditative practice.
Vajrasana is made up of a combination of two Sanskrit words, vajra means Diamond or Thunderbolt and asana meaning pose.
Let us see the Vajrasana benefits on health and overall wellness.
- Tones body
- Relieves stress
- Aids in weight loss
- Increases blood circulation
- Aids in urinary problems
- Strengthens thigh muscles
- Improves digestion and eliminates constipation
- Better digestion prevents ulcers and acidity
- Strengthens the back and aids in lower back problems and sciatica
- Tones the pelvic muscles too
- Helps to ease out labor pains and also reduces menstrual cramps
- Promotes maximum utilization of lungs
Moreover, Vajrasana yoga pose is one of the best ones to assume when you wish to go into a meditative state since it is an upright pose.
To do anything successfully, we need the right amount of information combined with skillful application. Excellence always follows knowledge and rightful practice. Now that we have learned about the Vajrasana benefits, let us understand carefully the steps to perform Vajrasana.
Steps Of Vajrasana
Before moving further, let us understand the steps of Vajrasana.
- Step 1: Sit on the floor or on a yoga mat.
- Step 2: Spread both of your legs.
- Step 3: Take your body weight and bend slightly on the left side and kneel your right foot down and put it under the right hip.
- Step 4: Then take your body weight on the other side and kneel your left foot down and put it under the left hip. Keep in mind that your feet should be folded in such a way that your buttocks are placed comfortably over them.
- Step 5: Place your legs in such a way that the thumb of both feet should touch each other.
- Step 6: Put both palms on your knees. Both palms should be downward facing. Keep the body straight.
- Step 7: Now take deep breaths in. You need to breathe only through the nose.
- Step 8: Now close your eyes and enjoy breathing at a normal pace. At the beginning of the Vajrasana yoga pose, there may be a slight stretch in the leg muscles, but after a few days of practice, Vajrasana yoga pose can easily be done.
- Step 9: After taking three to five minutes of weight training, straighten them in the same order in which you were kneeling and sit in the normal posture.
Time And Duration
Though any yoga is advisable mainly on an empty stomach, Vajrasana after meal is an exception. It is effective in digestion. You can start with 5 minutes and with practice go on to 30 minutes a day.
Seek Expert Advice
- If you have problems related to the back like disc prolapse or slip disc
- If you have problems related to stiffness
- If you have problems related to the foot, ankle, and knee joints
- If you have issues related to hernia, ulcers, or diseases of the intestines
- If you have hypertension
- If you have heart problems
- If you are pregnant
Vajrasana For Beginners
If you are unable to sit in a kneeling position due to weight or stiffness issues, go slow. Stretch out the legs and massage them when stiffness or pain is felt. With time, the strength in the lower body will develop, and these things will resolve. If you find it difficult, consult an expert.
Supta Vajrasana and Supta Vajrasana Benefits
This asana is performed by people who have been doing this for a long time.
Sit in Vajrasana. Bend back with the support of an elbow first and follow with the other elbow next
Now bring back the head to the floor, releasing the support of elbows
Next, bring the top of the head towards the floor by making an arch on your back
Place the hands on the thighs
One of the Supta Vajrasana Benefits is that it drives the energies higher towards the brain, which is the basics of any spiritual practices.
Now that you have understood Vajrasana yoga pose perfectly, wish you a holistic journey into yoga. Vajrasana yoga pose is a combination of body strengthening and focusing on the mind. It is very easy at first glance, but the challenge is to make sure your mind and body are still. As yogis say, doing absolutely nothing takes a lifetime of effort and practice.
Comprises of events likely to happen, hourly guidance, precise timeframes & Dos and Donts
Know the percentages of different aspects of your physical and mental state
Check out how well will your wavelengths with others match