Butterfly Pose Or Titli Asana - Uses And Benefits For All Age Groups
People are finally beginning to understand the importance of yoga. Due to this their inclination towards the various activities of yoga has also started increasing. Everyone, whether it is a child, young or old person, is opting for yoga to stay healthy, lose weight, increase stamina in the body, maintain facial glow, healthy hair and fitness. With the spread of Indian culture, the importance of yoga is being recognised by foreigners as well.
Talking about the Titli Asana, it is a simple asana that is practiced while sitting. Just as a butterfly flaps its wings, in the same way, to perform this asana, the legs are bent up and down from the knees. Today we will know through this article what Titli Asana is, how to do butterfly posture and benefits of this posture.
Butterfly Posture Yoga
Titli asana yoga is a very good and easy yoga posture for people of all ages. In this posture, you have to move your legs like the wings of a butterfly. Talking about the benefits of Titli asana, it can benefit you in many ways. Butterfly posture method is quite easy. The biggest feature of butterfly pose is that it can be practiced by people of all ages. The reason behind giving this asana the name titli asana is the position of this asana which one takes while doing it. During Titli Asana, both your legs look like butterfly wings, which is why this yoga is known as Titli Asana. Although in English it is called Butterfly yoga. Let us know what is the right way to do butterfly posture yoga, so that you can get all the benefits of this asana, also known as Baddha konasana, bound angle pose or cobbler pose.
Butterfly Posture Method
You can get the benefits of butterfly asana only if you practice this asana properly. To do butterfly posture, first sit on the mat. Bend your knees and try to bring the feet as close to each other as possible. While coming in this posture, keep in mind that during this time the soles of both the feet should be connected to each other. Keep holding the feet tightly with your hands. Now taking a long breath, bring your thighs down towards the floor, and slowly start moving it like the wings of a butterfly. After some time, while exhaling, come back to the normal position. Through the points given below, you can understand butterfly posture better.
- First of all, sit comfortably by laying a yoga mat or mat on a flat place.
- Now straighten both your legs in front and keep your waist straight.
- Bend both your knees and bring both the feet towards your pelvic area.
- Now join the fingers of both your hands and hold both your feet tightly.
- After this, bring both your ankles close to the genitals.
- Then press both your thighs down towards the floor.
- Now slowly lower both your thighs up and down, while doing this, your position should be like a butterfly.
- If you are a beginner or a beginner, practice butterfly yoga while staying in this position for one to two minutes and gradually increase the practice time.
- Keep in mind that while doing this yoga, your spine should be very straight.
- You should feel a stretch around the inner part of the thighs.
- At the end, while exhaling, slowly come out of this posture and sit comfortably.
Benefits Of Butterfly Posture
Butterfly posture is a simple asana performed while sitting. Just as a butterfly flaps its wings, in this posture, in the same way, the legs are bent up and down towards the knee. That’s why this asana is called Titli Asana or Butterfly Asana. The legs are more used in the butterfly posture. This asana is very beneficial for people working in the office. This makes the leg muscles strong and flexible. Let us know the benefits of butterfly position.
- Regular practice of butterfly posture makes the leg muscles flexible and strong.
- This asana is beneficial in curing problems related to digestion like indigestion, gas and constipation.
- Regular practice of butterfly posture helps pregnant women to reduce the pain during delivery.
- Butterfly posture helps in curing problems related to menstruation of women.
- Butterfly posture helps in reducing the tension of the thigh muscles.
- This asana is also very beneficial for the urinary system.
- Helps in relieving leg fatigue.
- Regular practice of butterfly posture improves blood flow in the body. It helps in dealing with problems like stress and depression.
Precautions To Be Followed During Titli Asana
The benefit of any type of yoga is available to a person only if he does it regularly and correctly. But many times we do yoga regularly due to wrong or misleading information and it does not give us the desired benefits. This is the reason why we are telling you about the benefits of butterfly posture and the precautions related to it after the method of butterfly posture.
- Keep your spine straight during the practice of butterfly posture.
- During the asana, make sure that you are not putting too much stress on your knees during this asana.
- If you feel more strain in the knees, you can place a blanket under the thighs for support.
- If you have any kind of injury or pain in the knees, then you are advised not to do butterfly posture.
- Do not do butterfly posture if you have sciatica or lower back pain.
- Do not move your legs too vigorously while doing butterfly posture. Practice butterfly posture as slowly as possible.
Baddha Konasana (Butterfly Pose) is a wonderful practise to use to relieve neck tension, extend the spine, and enter a mind-body restorative state. The Baddha Konasana assists us in a variety of ways, whether we practise the modified butterfly pose or use it as a resting yoga posture.
Comprises of events likely to happen, hourly guidance, precise timeframes & Dos and Donts
Know the percentages of different aspects of your physical and mental state
Check out how well will your wavelengths with others match