Kapalbhati Pranayam - Everything You Need To Know About This Pose
How Does Kapalbhati Yoga Work? Importance And Benefits
It is said that the standard of living of a human being is getting better day by day, but to get something, a lot has to be lost. It is not so easy to keep up with the running life and it has to be borne by our physical and mental health. If you find yourself feeling tired after a marathon all day, it’s quite natural.
You may not reduce conflicts with your life, but by adopting some easy methods, you can balance your life. Even if you are too lazy to do this, but if you are determined then ‘Nothing Is Impossible’. Doing pranayam daily is easier than doing yoga. When you come to know about its benefits, you will gladly adopt it in your life. One of these pranayamas is Kapalbhati, which we will discuss here.
Table of Content
What Is Kapalbhati Pranayam?
Pranayama is an art that teaches you to control your breath. Pranayama is made up of two words – prana and ayam, in which prana means life-like energy and the word ayam refers to control. Kapalbhati is a type of pranayama. The head is called the skull brain, while Bhati means the one who shines. By doing Kapalbhati Pranayama continuously, the face starts glowing. This yoga is also known as Sanjeevani of the earth. While doing Kapalbhati Pranayama, one should focus on the Muladhara Chakra. Being balanced can awaken the Kundalini Shakti. While doing this Pranayama, the focus should be on the extraction of toxins from the body. Performing Kapalbhati enhances the functioning and efficiency of all the organs of the body and also helps in purifying the blood.
Types Of Kapalbhati Pranayam
There are three types of Kapalbhati Pranayama.
1. Vatakrama Kapalbhati:
It has been considered similar to Bhastrika Pranayama. It is believed that exhalation is active, while breathing is passive, as opposed to normal breathing.
2. Vyutkrama Kapalbhati:
This is a practice similar to Jal Neti, in which it is required to sniff water through the nasal passages and spit it out in the mouth.
3. Sheetkrama Kapalbhati:
Sheetkrama Kapalbhati can be considered to be the reverse of Vyutkrama Kapalabhati. In this water is taken from the mouth and exhaled from the nose.
How To Do Kapalbhati Pranayam – Kapalbhati Steps
This process is related to breathing, so it is best to do it while sitting in Padmasana. The abdominal muscles must be moved freely in this process. The body does not get such good posture and freedom while sitting or sleeping, so the process can be done well by sitting in a meditation posture. Padmasana is a very suitable posture for meditation.
This can also be done by sitting in Swastikasana or Vajrasana, but these asanas are not as important in comparison to Padmasana. The body posture is good during Padmasana. It is very good to do this pranayama in the morning. The process to do this is as follows:
- To do Kapalbhati Pranayama, spread a yoga mat or clean sheet.
- At your convenience, sit in the posture of Padmasana, Sukhasana or Vajrasana and keep both your hands on your knees. Ensure that your spine is straight.
- Try to stabilize the mind by bypassing all the worries of your mind.
- Take long and deep breaths, then exhale slowly. Repeat this process 2-3 times.
- Now exhale out through the nose. When exhaling, pull the stomach inward.
- Keep doing this process continuously without stopping, as well as keep the mouth closed and do not use the mouth for inhalation and exhalation.
- Exhale and take a breath only through the nose.
- If you do this process 20 times, then one round will be completed. You can do three such rounds.
- Fill a vessel with lukewarm water, add a teaspoon of salt to it. Wait until the salt dissolves well.
- After this, stand up straight and lean forward.
- Then take a few drops of water in the finger of the hand and try to pull it in by taking it near the nose.
- Try to take the water from the nose out of the mouth.
- You can do this process 2-4 times at your convenience.
- After the whole process is over, dry the nose thoroughly.
- Fill lukewarm water in a vessel and add a teaspoon of salt to it. Wait until the salt dissolves well.
- After this, stand up straight and lean forward.
- Fill the saltwater in the mouth. Do not drink this water, but draw it upwards and let it come out of the nose.
- Repeat this process 2 to 4 times.
- Lastly, dry the nose thoroughly.
Kapalbhati Pranayama Benefits
Kapalbhati Pranayama has many benefits:
– Blood flow in the body is improved by the breathing process that occurs during this practice, which protects the body from many diseases.
– By practising this daily, you understand more about the breathing process which is getting smaller due to the busy routines. It can cure heart problems arising due to the lack of the right amount of oxygen in the veins.
– Long breath is taken and released in Kapalbhati, which is a boon for good health.
– For good health, the extraction of toxins that are constantly freezing in the body is very important. Kapalbhati Pranayam not only improves blood flow but also helps in detoxifying the body. When your lungs and respiratory system get the benefit of detoxification, it makes you feel refreshed.
Kapalbhati is a very good remedy for diabetes patients. It balances the blood sugar level of the body.
– You will be surprised to know that Kapalbhati is very useful for losing weight. To reduce your weight with this asana, you have to avoid outside food or food with too much oil and spices that can harm your digestive system. If you are struggling with such a problem, then you can benefit from pranayam in this problem.
Kapalbhati is also very useful for the lungs. It enhances the working of the respiratory system.
– Pollution nowadays gives problems like asthma to people. In some diseases such as sinus, bronchitis infection and rhinitis, this asana helps to get relief.
– Stress problems can happen to anyone. The use of antidepressant drugs is not always good since they can cause harm in the long run. Kapal Bhati is a good option for this, it is known for calming the mind and reducing stress.
– Yoga has proved to be very effective for the development and relaxation of the brain. Pranayama leads to brain development and can prevent problems related to it.
Apart from this, Kapal Bhati also increases the capacity of the brain.
– Kapalbhati provides relief in acidity and gas as well. Therefore, if you also have a stomach problem, then practising this asana daily can relieve you of this problem.
– Yoga is also suitable for good and balsamic skin. By doing Kapalbhati, there is peace of mind. Your face glows and you look younger than your age.
– If you are troubled by a hair loss problem, change your lifestyle instead of changing your shampoo or oil. And start practising Kapalbhati to deal with the problem of weak and falling hair.
When Not To Do Kapalbhati?
– Heart patients, people with asthma and blood pressure patients should breathe in and out slowly.
– Pregnant and menstruating women should not do kapalbhati.
– The action of cranial cysts can also harm patients with ulcers and hernias.
– Never overdo Kapalbhati Pranayama, it may result in dizziness and headache.
– If you are in a closed room, in a hot environment or in a dusty place, then do not do this asana, it can also have a bad effect on you.
– If you have stomach surgery, do not do this pranayama.
– It is advisable not to do kapalbhati for people suffering with heart diseases.
– If you are suffering from spinal problems, do not do this yoga at all.
Small steps of yoga can help avoid big diseases. Today, connect yourself and the people around you with yoga and pranayama and live a good and healthy life by adopting Kapalbhati.
You may also like:-