The month of Shravan is known for the various festivities and the rituals that are conducted in the worship of the Lord Shiva. Vrats, fasts, events and special days make this month a vibrant one. There are various methods of worshipping the mighty Lord and there are various things that are used in the process of worship. But then, there are some things which are forbidden for use in the worship of Lord Shiva. What are the things that you need to keep in mind for the Shiva Puja? Find out in this article.
What are some of the ceremonies or spiritual activites that you can take part in, in the Shravan Month?
- The chants of the Shiva Panchakshari Mantra – 'Om Namah Shivaya'
- The Maha Mrutyunjaya Mantra Chants and the Maha Mrutyunjaya Havan
- Reading the Shiva Purana
- Reciting the Shiva Tandav Stotra
The importance of the Bilwa Patra in the worship of Lord Shiva:
The Bilwa or Bael leaves are considered an integral part of the Shiva Puja. Many would be unaware that the Bilwa leaves have great medicinal properties and they can be useful in curing various diseases and health problems such as digestive disorders, skin problems, gas related troubles and also help in the purification of the blood. For worship, only the leaves with 3 leaflets should be used.
Which Mantra or Verses can be recited during the Shiva Linga Puja?
The Lingashtakam is considered to be the most powerful hymn, which blesses a person with great results when chanted during the Linga Puja.
What are the things that CAN be used in Shiva Puja?
- Bilva Patras
- Shami Patras
- Sesame Seeds
- Sandalwood Paste
- Vibhuti (Holy Ash)
What are the things that can NOT be used in Shiva Puja?
- Ketaki flowers
- Champa flowers
- Tulsi leaves
Benefits of Shiva Puja on Shravan Mondays:
- The Holy Month of Shravan is considered to be a month in which Lord Shiva gets easily pleases. So, all the wishes and desires are fulfilled easily.
- All the difficulties, obstacles and tensions of your life will gradually disappear.
- Lord Shiva blesses married ladies with long life and well being of their husbands and sons, and the unmarried girls with desired husbands.
- Lord Shiva will bless you with wealth and prosperity.
- You will be gifted with spiritual bliss.
- If the placement of the planet Moon is not favourable in your Horoscope, then this is the best time to empower it, and the Shiva Puja during this month wards off the evil effects of this planet.
Ganesha wishes you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous Shravan Month 2016 and may Lord Shiva bless you with the best.
With Ganesha's Grace
The GaneshaSpeaks.com Team
Do you want to increase the positivity in your House this Shravan? Then, visit our exclusive Shravan Store
and avail some of the best items which will help you to seek the blessings of the great Lord Shiva.