He may have been dating Bollywood beauty Katrina Kaif since 2003, but tinsel town's most eligible bachelor Salman Khan can't seem to take a call on their sometimes-on-sometimes-off relationship. Though both the stars have been painting the town red with their dual appearances at parties and promos, media hawks are still clueless about their marriage plans.
Hints that all is not rosy and cosy between them appear in Page 3 headlines more often than not. Take for instance, the recent buzz that Sallu didn't contact girlfriend Katrina while he was out on a location, shooting for his next flick Veer. On the other hand, Katrina has been found giving statements in public about Salman's unpredictability.
That, by the way, is the most notorious trait of the Maine Pyar Kiya actor. His controversial affair and subsequent break-up with actor Aishwarya Rai earned him infamy for being dominating and overprotective. In fact, given the string of women he's dated in the past, his six-year-long, almost stable affair with Kat is actually a surprise for those close to Salman.
But the million-dollar question is: When will the two tie the knot? While the paparazzi are busy tailing Salman and Katrina, Ganesha turns his expert eye on Vedic Astrology and tosses up a few possibilities.
Salman Khan Katrina Kaif
DOB: 27th December, 1965 DOB: 16th July, 1984
TOB: Unknown TOB: Unknown
POB: Indore, Maharashtra, India POB: London, England
Astrological notes on Salman and Katrina's Horoscopes
- In both the charts, Venus is in opposite signs. Salman's Venus is in Capricorn and Katrina's Venus is in Cancer. The same planetary position is found in the horoscopes of famous Hollywood couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Brad has Venus in Capricorn and Angelina has Venus in Cancer. Similarly, actor Bruce Willis has Venus in Capricorn and his newly-wedded wife Emma Heming has Venus in Cancer.
- Katrina's retrograde Jupiter falls on Salman's Sun.
- Both Salman and Katrina have Rahu and Ketu in the same sign, indicating what happens when a couple's age difference is 18 years - the number of years that Rahu and Ketu take to complete one cycle through all zodiac signs!
- Katrina's Ketu falls on Salman's Mercury and Ketu.
- Both of them have Jupiter placed in exactly opposite signs; also, Jupiter is retrograde in both their charts.
- Currently, Rahu is transiting over Salman's Venus and Ketu is transiting over Katrina's Venus.
Salman and Katrina - How long will the rough patch last?
- Ganesha finds Rahu's transit over Salman's Venus and Ketu's transit over Katrina's Venus to be highly critical till 17th November, 2009. Till that time, Salman and Katrina's relationship may go through many highs and lows. They may delay their decision to marry.
- Since Salman's Mars, the catalyst, is in Capricorn, Venus has a tendency to keep drifting from one person to another in case of love affairs. Though Ganesha doesn't mean to say Salman has always had a thing of his own on the side every time he's been involved with a woman, there's no doubt that his relationships with the fair sex have always been quite intense.
- In the present case, because Salman and Katrina have Jupiter and Venus in opposition, if they are able to survive the difficult time period, their relationship may flourish. But, the phase till 17th November, 2009 is quite slippery and they will have to handle each other with kid gloves.
- Katrina may feel dejected or may remain upset about her relationship with Sallu, especially till the end of July 2009.
- Salman's expectations from this relationship may be very high and with Venus in Saturn's sign, Capricorn, he will face many hardships in his love life. However, he may end up taking a practical decision about his bond with Katrina.
- What Katrina may want out of this relationship is domestic security where as for Salman, this relationship matters because it gives him emotional security and a sense of pride.
- In short, both are likely to face struggles till November 2009 and if they handle things patiently, the road to marital bliss may be smooth ahead.
Good luck and may Lord Ganesha bless the couple with stability.
Bhavesh N. Pattni
The GaneshaSpeaks Team