Legs up the wall pose (Viparita karani) Tips
The viparita karani, also known as the inverted lake pose or legs up the wall pose, is a mild reverse pose. It has anti-aging properties in addition to a slew of other health benefits. According to hindu scriptures, the viparita karani not only reduces wrinkles but also delays the onset of old age and death. As a restorative pose, this asana allows blood to flow freely throughout the body. And, as a result, it can help in preventing almost any ailment.
Table of Content
Viparita means “reverse,” and karani means “action to complete a task” in sanskrit. Viparita karani is a root term that means “action of reversing.”
The Science Behind The Viparita Karani:
The asana is a stimulating inversion which relieves the backbone, feet, legs and the nervous system. It softens the body into a complete state of relaxation. Every yoga student can do this asana no matter the level of experience. It is said that your body and brain moves to a pure state when you take some time off from your day to reverse the movements of action and performance. This permits the mind to enter a deep meditative state. It also calms the brain and increases self-consciousness. This asana is normally made at the end of yoga just before your body enters the savasana because of the calming benefits of this pose. However, this asana can also be performed independently.
What You Should Know Before You Do The Viparita Karani:
Before you practise this asana, make sure your stomach and bowels are empty. Eat at least four to six hours before doing the asana so that your food can be digested and you can expend enough energy during the practice.
How To Do The Viparita Karani:
Numerous people enjoy using props like bolsters, pillows, and folded blankets while doing this asana because it is a remedial pose. While performing this asana, keep a prop of your choice nearby. Then take the following steps.
- Find a suitable area close to the wall and sit beside it, so that your feet are on the ground and are stretched out until you and your body touches the wall.
- Breathe out. Lie on the back and ensure your legs’ back press against the wall and your feet ‘ soles face up. You will have to move a little bit in this position to get comfortable.
- Place or push your buttocks away a little from the wall.
- Make sure that you rest on your back and head. Your body forms an angle of 90 degrees.
- Slide a prop up below them and lift up your hips. You can also use your hands to support your lower body hips and shape the curve.
- Keep your head and neck straight and soften your neck and face.
- Breathe and close your eyes. Maintain the position for 5 minutes at least. Rolling on and off on one side. Breathe before you sit.
- First of all, slowly lower the back and remove the hand from the back.
- Sit down on the floor with your palms.
- Lower the legs to the floor, but do not bend.
Consult our online therapist to know more about Viparita Karani’s benefits.
You may also like:-
Get 100% Cashback On First Consultation
ग्रह मंडल के सेनापति ग्रह मंगल 16th November 2023 के दिन वृश्चिक राशि में प्रवेश करेंगे, इस परिभ्रमण के कारण राशियों पर क्या प्रभाव बनेगा...