Natural Remedies & Treatment for Depression
What Role Does Factors Other Than Medication Play In Curing Depressive Symptoms?
There are many ways to deal with depression initially without directly considering the aspect of medication. The way a treatment plan works is on the basis of the frequency and intensity of the disorder. It is important to note that natural homemade remedies or herbs are not a replacement for a medical diagnosis and by no means provide a solution or treatment for an issue like depression. When taken into account, natural remedies seem to work only temporarily and for a certain group of people. By all means, it requires a focused and multidimensional work plan to be dealt with. Not all natural remedies are safe when it comes to finding a cure for depression. Some minute changes in the lifestyle, especially including dietary and herbal supplements, do help gradually to a certain extent, given the reason that people have thoroughly checked beforehand with their physicians who give them a green signal to take it as advice.
What about your psychological well-being? Do you want to talk to some experts? Connect with the best online therapist to learn more about natural depression treatments.
Natural Ways To Deal With Depression
The symptoms of depression can be controlled from getting worse by natural treatment options, which include changing your behaviour, the level of physical activity, lifestyle, and even your way of thinking, and addressing ways to unlearn the maladaptive coping strategies and relearn appropriate methods to cope with it. Do you believe that depression can be cured with the help of natural remedies? If not, then you should read further to understand that there are methods to control and manage the symptoms through certain supplements along with changes in an individual’s day-to-day life. Here is how:
- Getting some movement in your body throughout the day
- Indulging in light therapy will make you happier as it will boost serotonin levels, which will make you feel happier.
- Switching to a healthy diet with a more colourful and well-balanced diet rich in nutrients, vitamin B, and magnesium is proven to affect the levels of serotonin, which is an essential part of maintaining an effective mood.
- Get a good night’s sleep, or more than 6 hours of sleep per night, to maintain a healthy level of hormone production for a regulated happy mood and emotions.
- Stick to consistent exercise and meditating techniques that speak to you.
- Taking supplements to kick-start your healing journey in the comfort of your own home is a great idea. Some of the most effective ones found by the existing research so far are Ginseng – a Chinese herb that has been shown to increase energy and mental clarity and reduce stress.
- Vitamin B12– As our body does not produce its own vitamins, it is necessary to give it this additional vitamin as it regulates brain functioning and thinking.
- Chamomile– Tea made with this herb provides depressive symptom relief.
- S-adenosyl methionine (SAMe): A synthetic version of a naturally occurring chemical in the body that reduces depression levels.
- Avoid alcohol as well as other drugs that may cause dependence issues.
- Omega-3 fatty acids– Helps in easing the symptoms of depression and anxiety. It can be consumed naturally through salmon, sardines, walnuts, etc.
- Lavender: Associated with the ability to relieve anxiety and lead to relaxation.
Are you under Depression? Don’t know how to Overcome? Consult our online therapist now.
Going through the feelings of depression all by yourself can oftentimes be very difficult for us as humans. We crave to be understood and yet fail at explaining why there happens to be a lot of empty space inside of us. It comes with a feeling of loneliness, hopelessness, and a feeling of not being willing to move or expend energy simply because there is no mental strength and doing even minimal tasks feels exhausting. Oftentimes, we may feel that it is only us while others seem happy. We, on the other hand, seem deep in the rabbit hole struggling to show this part of ourselves and come to terms with it to know how to deal with it and to cope with it in a much better sense. We should never forget that feeling this way can be reversed with time and support. The silver linings shine bright and are waiting to be seen just as you are. Hold on in there, you are not alone.
Speak to our wellness therapists or counsellors to get rid of your depressive symptoms. Download the app now.
“It’s my experience that people are a lot more sympathetic if they can see you hurting, and for the millionth time in my life I wish for measles or smallpox or some other easily understood disease just to make it easier on me and also on them.”
― Jennifer Niven.