Will Naveen Patnaik’s BJD make it solo in Lok Sabha 2009 elections?
Born on October 16, 1946 at Cuttack, Orissa to Shri Biju Patnaik, the former CM of Orissa and Smt. Gyan Patnaik, Naveen Patnaik is, the CM of Orissa. Naveen started out at Welham Boys’ School in Dehradun, continued at the The Doon School, Dehradun and then attended Delhi University where he obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Arts. After the death of his father Biju Patnaik, Naveen was elected as Member of the 11th Lok Sabha in by-election from Aska Parliamentary Constituency. In 1998 he formed the Biju Janata Dal Party in Orissa and was elected to the 12th Lok Sabha. He became the Chief Minister of the state in 2000 with the support of the BJP and has been ruling since. Naveen Patnaik has, in the last 12 years since he first joined politics, travelled a long way. Now, Naveen, as he heads for a third term as chief minister, revels in being unpredictable, possibly even opportunistic.
It was in 2001 that Naveen Patnaik, then CM and BJD supremo and Union Steel Minister Dilip Ray took the same morning flight to Delhi from Bhubaneswar. Patnaik chatted with Ray pleasantly, asking his lieutenant his plans about his ministry and suggestions for the party. Ray got off the plane and found he had been sacked as steel minister, a decision that Patnaik must have taken before he left Bhubaneswar. This is the measure of ruthlessness that Naveen Patnaik has brought to Orissa politics. In his nine years as chief minister, Naveen Patnaik has dropped 10 ministers. If there is even an iota of allegation of corruption or misdemeanour against a minister, he is dropped immediately. For the populace, it is a refreshing change to be the master, instead of being a victim. This policy has earned him a lot of praise and he has acquired an image as a clean and firm administrator.
The 2008 elections to for Bhubaneswar and Cuttack municipal corporations confirmed his popular appeal when BJD swept the elections, with BJP being left high and dry; presumably the voters-way of letting all know that they appreciated the accountability of politicians. The recent parting of ways between the BJD and BJP is part of the same pattern. Advani called on Patnaik for a talk to iron out mutual issues. Patnaik assured him that there were no problems and added that he himself was not negotiating, however he went on to assure Advani that the small negotiation glitches would be sorted out. They were. And how!
Patnaik did not make it to the rally held in Tumkur to mark the official formation of the Third Front. People feel that this could be his way of keeping all options open; as always.
Naveen Patnaik’s Birth Chart
- Transiting Rahu and Ketu are trine to their natal positions and square to natal Mangal, the lord of his tenth house of success.
- Rahu passes through his seventh house of partnerships.
- He is under the influence of Mangal Antardasha in Budha Mahadasha.
Ganesha finds that Mangal, his Yoga Karaka planet is ruling as per the Vimshottari Dasha system. This alone his enough for him to lead his party to a spectacular win in this election.
Shani a Maraka planet for him passes through the second house and aspects the eighth house. Shani also as the lord of his seventh house of partnerships is weak in the second house, in its current transit. Rahu is passing through the seventh house. This denotes that he will not associate with any party before and after elections and will be able to win the elections and form the government in Orissa on his own. If at all need be, he will take some support of very small parties or independents.
Summarily Ganesha is of the opinion that Naveen Patnaik will advance all alone this time and show it to people that he Can DO IT.
Wishing him good luck and may Lord Ganesha bless him.
The GaneshaSpeaks Team
06 Apr 2009
- Who will win Lok Sabha Elections 2009?
- BJP candidate Kiran Patel; a businessman, an educationalist, … now a politician?
- AGP-BJP alliance: all set to usher in bipolar polity in Assam
- Ganesha blames Rahu-Ketu effect for Varun Gandhi’s notorious hate speech
- AIADMK-PMK alliance: A force or a farce?
- Only a solid strategy will help Mulayam Singh sail through Lok Sabha elections
- Jaya Prada’s stars favour her return to Lok Sabha
- Curtain raiser to Lok Sabha elections 2009
- Lalu Prasad Yadav: Will he perform an encore?
- Praja Rajyam Party: The superstar’s stars may let him down
- Paswan may do well in Lok Sabha polls, but won’t outdo Lalu
- Ganesha says Maya’s jaal will spread far and wide
You may also find these interesting
All Zodiac Signs
Expert astrologers extensively trained by Bejan Daruwalla will personally guide you on all aspects of your life