Using ‘Vimshottari Mahadasha’ for predictions
The total period of the Vimshottari Mahadasha is 120 years. The name Vimshottari is self-explanatory. It is Vees (20) after Shattari (100) according to a rustic saying. An uneducated villager who would not know how to count will count 120 as 20+100. Hence the name-Vimshottari.
The period for each Mahadasha Swami is given below:
|Dasha swami||Nakshatra||Period in years.|
|Ketu||Ashwini, Magha, Moola||7|
|Shukra||Bharani, Purva Phalguni, Purvashadha||20|
|Ravi||Krittika, Uttara Phalguni, Uttarashadha||6|
|Chandra||Rohini, Hasta, Shravan||10|
|Mangal||Mrugshirsh, Chitra, Dhanishtha||7|
|Rahu||Ardra, Swati, Shattaraka||18|
|Guru||Punarvasu, Vishakha, Purvabhadrapada||16|
|Shani||Pushya, Anuradha, Uttarabhadrapada||19|
|Budh||Ashlesha, Jyeshtha, Revati||17|
These Mahadashas are widely used all over the world. Although some astrologers may use a different Ayanamsha or method, they also follow this one. Some astrologers use Lahiri, Yukteshwar, Raman, Bhasin, Fagan, Krishnamurti ayanamsha or a Sayana method, but for predicting, the the most popular method is the ‘Vimshottari Mahadasha’ method.
One has to know which Bhav will give a much better result. The capacity of Bhavesh in giving the positive results is given below in a descending order:
Lord of 9th House
Lord of 5th House
Lord of 10th House
Lord of 7th House
Lord of 4th House
Lord of 1st House
Lord of 12th House (this will give a neutral result)
Lord of 2nd House
Lord of 8th House
Lord of 3rd House
Lord of 6th House
Lord of 11th House
Thus the Lord of the 9th House will give the most positive results, and the Lord of the 11th House will give minimum positive results.
Further, even if the Lord of 10th, 7th, 4th and 1st House is a malefic planet, it will give a positive result, and that if it is a benefic planet, it will give a negative result.
Shubh Grahas (in descending order): Shukra, Guru, Shubh Budh, Shubh Chandra.
Ashubh Grahas (in ascending order): Ashubh Budh, Ashubh Chandra, Ravi, Shani, Mangal.
Rahu and Ketu: They are malefic planets, but they do not have a Lordship of any House, and hence the above rule is not applicable. But, it is observed that Rahu may misguide a native leading to some losses. Whereas, Ketu gives no such result.
Uranus, Neptune and Pluto: They do not have a Lordship, but they do bear some results in their Nakshatra swami dasha as per their relations with the Nakshatra swami.
It is observed that sometimes a native may feel that he/she has something major missing in his/ her life. This may indicate the absence of proper dasha in his/her entire lifetime, which will invariably lead to unhappiness.
This may be true to some extent.
Generally, a natal chart is likely to have 4 distinct positive dashas -
(1) Chandra or Budh in childhood.
(2) Mangal, Shukra or Rahu during young age.
(3) Ravi or Guru in middle age.
(4) Shani or Ketu in older age.
If, this does not happen, the native is likely to face depression, unhappiness frustration and other similar situations in life.
The Ganeshaspeaks team
16 Aug 2010
- Will Saturn’s newfound moon ‘Peggy’ affect the way Astrological calculations are done?
- Opposition of Mars may make you angrier and intense than usual, feels Ganesha.
- Celebration of Holi by different Zodiac Signs
- Future is bright, but women in India will have to fight for their rights, says Ganesha.
- Invite Good Fortune on this Gurupushyamrut Yog
- NavGujarat Samay will have a tough time till June 2015, predicts Ganesha
- Total Lunar Eclipse On 15th April 2014: How will it affect you?
- Understand the significance of the festival of Holi…
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 goes missing – Can Astrology help find some clues?
- Challenges may continue for the Indian Navy for the next 1.5 years, says Ganesha.
- Mars transits through Libra – brace up for some turbulence and chaos, says Ganesha
- Flashback 2013- another year of accurate predictions by Ganesha!
You may also find these interesting
This is one book every Intelligent Investor must have !
Market Predictions 2014 Book brings trends, forecasts and much more to help you deal in speculative markets – in FY 2014-15. Use this information to plan your entry/ exit strategy – in advance! Get this book to ensure making profits and staying safe – whatever the market condition may be…
All Zodiac Signs
Expert astrologers extensively trained by Bejan Daruwalla will personally guide you on all aspects of your life